MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Loh Wilson

Air Asia Free Seats

Ha ha ha ha!! 99% unhappy. Air asia should be glad they're not based in Australia. There would be a huge public backlash over things like this.

No there wouldn't.

The way I read Azran's quote is he's not happy that so many were unhappy rather than 'tough luck' to the 700,000 who missed out. That 700,000 figure is clearly a number plucked out of the air to demonstrate this rather than a seat count, he's not stupid!

talking about the seats, you will see this from today onwards onboard all AirAsia's aircrafts. cabin looks a little bit more vibrant now to me. :drinks:

seats.jpg

Yes, looks less dour.

Btw here's aboard XXD last week KUL-HGH.

IMG_1309.jpg

Crikey! That legroom looks bloody tight!! :blink:

It is. When I flew to PER last Sept there were a few foreign passengers complaining about the legroom. I am sure that was not the only flight with complaint on this. However, understood that this time around the seat can recline normally without the seat sliding forward.

Geez! that would be so uncomfortable! That is why I could never fly D7 long-haul. If I do have to fly them, it will only be in their premium seat.

Looks better than now :good:

But why now red 'headrests' on the last few rows ? (making it 3 sections rather than 2)...

The new seats have 31" pitch. Those who are below 1.75m tall should be OK in the new seats (whereas in the past, you need to be below 1.7m tall. Those above that height are advised to get the lie flat seats.

Looks better than now :good:

But why now red 'headrests' on the last few rows ? (making it 3 sections rather than 2)...

The red headrest corresponds to the letter X if looked from the top.

as in an X shape if you trace the red headrests.

the pic i posted is on AK's fleet, not D7. D7 birds already undergone retrofitting and no more lousy sigma seats! the red headrest cover on the A320's are for the hot seats (row 1-5, 12 and 14). i believe sales has been poor all the while or people never realised such a thing existed. by putting this, for sure many pax will start asking what's up with the seats with different colours and stuff. :drinks:

talking about the seats, you will see this from today onwards onboard all AirAsia's aircrafts. cabin looks a little bit more vibrant now to me. :drinks:

seats.jpg

Ahh...the HOT SEATS are looking HOT in RED!!! Good to differentiate the different fared seats....and add a nice colour to an otherwise dull interior....nice nice...I LIKE!

I received the latest promotion from RedAlert, mention about AirAsia new route Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai?

Endless Excitment in Hat Yai

From bargain shopping, delectable food, stimulating nightlife, to the local Thai massage and reflexology. Fill your days and nights with exciting activities to thrill all your senses.

All-In-Fare from USD 10

Book now till 4 Jul 10

Travel from 19 Aug 2010 – 8 May 2011

Terms and conditions apply. Flight commencing 19 Aug 2010.

Flight departing Kuala Lumpur

It's on their website already.

It's on their website already.

Yup, just checked on their website, all in fare RM108 return for Oct..Anybody members interested to have small group visit to hadyai? hehehe

So did anyone manage to grab good fare this round? I got mine to from SYD to KUL and KUL to CNX return. The flight to DMK is not bad, truly zero fare, only airport taxes applied, 162 MYR return.

Sign in to follow this