MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Loh Wilson

Air Asia Free Seats

Looks like egoist statement from D7 CEO. I think not need to mention about 700,000 people unhappy or 7000 people happy.

Please be a professional as your AirAsia slogan "Now Everyone Can Fly" unless change a slogan to "Now 7000 People Can Fly, 700,000 people Can't Fly"

Looks like egoist statement from D7 CEO. I think not need to mention about 700,000 people unhappy or 7000 people happy.

Please be a professional as your AirAsia slogan "Now Everyone Can Fly" unless change a slogan to "Now 7000 People Can Fly, 700,000 people Can't Fly"

Just because it is not ' 0 / Zero ' fare, so 700,000 people can't fly?

I don't think CEO of D7 meant it that way.

Good point. At the end of the day, it's up to us the consumers to work out what's best for us. Some people are willing to spend a few extra dollars for comfort and convenience, but some are not. No right/wrong, just a matter of personal preference. :drinks:

I agree. It is up to the consumer to be more discerning. However, promotions like this prey on people who are not so savvy about things like this and that's what I don't like about Air Asia's attitude.

I'd be offended at that comment too. So, is he saying that only 1% of the available seats were "free" or on sale? If you think about it, on a plane with 300 seats, that means that only 3 seats were "free" or on sale for that really low price. Clearly, not everyone can fly when it comes to Air Asia. At least MH is more transparent when it comes to their sale fares. They always have plenty of seats available when they advertise a sale. I managed to get a return economy fare to Europe last year with MH for about AUD1350, which is ridiculously cheap for a full-service airline, and there were plenty of seats available on lots of dates with that sale.

Eh.. is it really 7,000 to 700,000 ratio? or is it just figure of speech? even if u dont get the 0 fare, its still possible to snag some insanely cheap tickets, no? of course people will expect to get free seats when they try to book, but i'll be more than happy if i can get 600++ to oz... say what u want about their so called "dirty tactics" or whatever, there are disclaimers about the limited numbers of seats and the convenience fees, albeit the small font compared to FREE SEATS... its up to u what u choose to see... and boo hoo for the guys who spend thousands on tickets. do they not know there are other airlines serving these routes... i think AK/D7 is sooo good in branding themselves, people will automatically go to them for cheap tickets. my friends went to JKT with KLM which offers the lowest rate, and they're not frequent flyers or aviation enthusiast who analyse ticket price, but only with some common sense to try as many options as possible..

:drinks:

Only 1% happy. :(

Ha ha ha ha!! 99% unhappy. Air asia should be glad they're not based in Australia. There would be a huge public backlash over things like this.

This reminds me of AK's not so distant past - the "sore losers" who did not read the T&C are the ones who are complaining loudest. ;)

Maybe that is a good sign for D7 - they must be doing something right that makes so many people want to go on their flights. And of course, they are following AK's footsteps - hopefully to sustained growth and long term success!

Today, another promo from Airasia begin.

1. Kick Off Sale

Priority Booking for AirAsia Savers Account Holder & AirAsia-Citibank Cardmember

Booking Period : 14 Jun 2010 (Priority Booking)

15 - 21 Jun 2010 (Public Booking)

Travel Period : 25 Sep 2010 - 26 Jan 2011

Travel Notes

- Advanced booking required.

- Fares are not available during embargo period.

2. Uncover the hidden treasures of Yangon Myanmar

Booking Period : 14 June 2010 - 20 June 2010

Travel Period : 20 July 2010 - 8 May 2011

Travel Notes

3. Experience Extraordinary Western Australia

Booking Period : 14 June 2010 - 23 June 2010

Travel Period : 20 July 2010 - 14 November 2010

Travel Notes

When is embargo period exactly? I believe some airlines listed out when the fare is unavailable, but not Air Asia.

I just think Aussies need to understand that when there is a sale that involves Asians, they need to act pretty much immediately otherwise miss out.

I travelled with Air Asia X on their $99 fare to KL from Melbourne and I booked my tickets at about 2.30am - 3.00am which was crap but I knew that if I didn't book straight away, the seats would be gone. Turned out an original 2 week trip shrunk to a 8 day trip as a result.

Air Asia X can only have X number of seats for this cheap fare otherwise they would make a very severe loss. We all know that. I'm sure there are people out there however who did manage to get some really cheap flights from Aus - KL though... :)

I'm sure that when Air Asia X was still advertising the $250 seats to London at 2pm they would have still had 1 seat available. At least one seat for $250 is still there so how is Air Asia X lying? People just need to search ALL the dates during the travel time to find that elusive seat!

Alex.

When is embargo period exactly? I believe some airlines listed out when the fare is unavailable, but not Air Asia.

Embargo period for the AirAsia-CIMB Savers & AirAsia-Citibank account holders is one day. By tomorrow, the fares that are not already snapped up by them will be available to the public.

I just think Aussies need to understand that when there is a sale that involves Asians, they need to act pretty much immediately otherwise miss out.

I travelled with Air Asia X on their $99 fare to KL from Melbourne and I booked my tickets at about 2.30am - 3.00am which was crap but I knew that if I didn't book straight away, the seats would be gone. Turned out an original 2 week trip shrunk to a 8 day trip as a result.

Air Asia X can only have X number of seats for this cheap fare otherwise they would make a very severe loss. We all know that. I'm sure there are people out there however who did manage to get some really cheap flights from Aus - KL though... :)

I'm sure that when Air Asia X was still advertising the $250 seats to London at 2pm they would have still had 1 seat available. At least one seat for $250 is still there so how is Air Asia X lying? People just need to search ALL the dates during the travel time to find that elusive seat!

Alex.

Australians do understand! Airline websites crash all the time whenever there's a big sale on. I agree that they can keep advertising it when there is 1 seat left but I have tested them once before when I went through the whole travel period to see if there was a seat available for the sale price and there wasn't, so they were lying that time. Anyway, I don't waste my time on these kinds of sales anymore.

Embargo period for the AirAsia-CIMB Savers & AirAsia-Citibank account holders is one day. By tomorrow, the fares that are not already snapped up by them will be available to the public.

Yup, I'm one of holder for AirAsia-Citi. I just tried today on October KUL-SIN fare only RM3 and same as for SIN-KUL route. Total amount including taxes RM106. I'll check by tomorrow it's different or not.

2. Uncover the hidden treasures of Yangon Myanmar

Booking Period : 14 June 2010 - 20 June 2010

Travel Period : 20 July 2010 - 8 May 2011

Travel Notes

New route! I noticed that destination available from the LCCT last week. With MH going to Bandung and AK going to Yangon, travellers now have more choice! :)

New route! I noticed that destination available from the LCCT last week. With MH going to Bandung and AK going to Yangon, travellers now have more choice! :)

Yup, amazing fare KUL-RGN one way only just RM4 plus airport tax RM25 total up RM29. Return RGN-KUL still cheap fare about RM84 but airport tax must pay during departure, USD10.

yes, thinking about yangon. myanmar is the only asean country we have not visited yet. :)

yes, thinking about yangon. myanmar is the only asean country we have not visited yet. :)

Is it to visit Mnymar we should have and apply for Visa on arrival? If not mistaken, any transaction there they only prefer currency in USD.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Is it to visit Mnymar we should have and apply for Visa on arrival? If not mistaken, any transaction there they only prefer currency in USD.

yes, since may 2010, visa on arrival for all. but must apply via email beforehand to agent, pay us$30 on arrival.

and yes, we are all set for yangon trip in late march 2011, thanks to this airasia promo. bagan here we come! :D

yes, since may 2010, visa on arrival for all. but must apply via email beforehand to agent, pay us$30 on arrival.

US30 is slightly more expensive than Chinese Visa (RM80) and much more than Australian Visa (RM10).

US30 is slightly more expensive than Chinese Visa (RM80) and much more than Australian Visa (RM10).

myanmar voa US$30 is for single-entry. chinese visa single entry only RM30 (malaysian citizen), aussie visa mutiple entry is A$20. chinese rm80 visa is for multiple-entry which is difficult to get.

and yes, we are all set for yangon trip in late march 2011, thanks to this airasia promo. bagan here we come! :D

You are booking such a long range trip - aren't you afraid AK might suspend the route (like D7 did with Abu Dhabi) if business is not good?

You are booking such a long range trip - aren't you afraid AK might suspend the route (like D7 did with Abu Dhabi) if business is not good?

no prob, they refund or replace flight. been thru it 2 or 3 times already.

Sign in to follow this