MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

AirAsia starts flying toTeheran in July

Maybe they didn't want to fly this route in the first place.

Edited by Waiping

maybe for publicity stunt. They purposely promoting less on the route then cut the route, then blame the gov or MH like :"now u see? we cant fly to those cities that we cant even spelled, give SYDNEY!". LOL

Thought they never wanted to fly to Tehran.........sorry, that was to Pyongyang !!! :rofl:

There were D7 chartered flights last month to IKA. Most likely they also test the waters along the way. All flights are full both ways.

There were D7 chartered flights last month to IKA. Most likely they also test the waters along the way. All flights are full both ways.

Wooo...I may wonder who chartered the D7 flight? First time heard about charted D7 flight...

I may presume it by travel agent since you mention fully book both ways... :pardon:

Given the difficulty to remit money to and from Iran, unless the yield is exceptionally high, doubt D7 will consider. Until D7 made official statement, one should only take politicians word with a truck load of salt.

:drinks:

Three new A333's will be delivered this year - XXF is June, XXG July and XXH Nov. They start New Delhi in August and they have already said they are launching Seoul and Japan this year. Do they still have enough aircraft to cover Tehran, even if this was true?

This announcement sounds more like FUD by the Minister to cover his inability to approve Sydney for them.

All must be excited for this direct route. Iran air has been monopolized for so long and their flight mostly full all the time. Looking forward for more new Air Asia destination in promoting Malaysia, not competing MAS

AirAsia already published advertisement about fly to Tehran in their website..maybe they will offer crazy fare for first time fly to Tehran..

http://airlineroute.net/2010/08/05/d7-ika/

Air Asia X from 01DEC10 begins 2 weekly Kuala Lumpur - Tehran service, flight is now bookable on the website but doesn't seem to have any promo fare for the time being.

D72904 KUL1610 – 2040IKA EQV 13

D72905 IKA2155 – 1055+1KUL EQV 13

Air Asia website didn't specify the operating aircraft, hence I'm using EQV to indicate either A330 or A340 could be operating

I swear I made a booking at AirAsia's website and there are KUL-IKA flight on 7 August 2010 and IKA-KUL flight on 11 August 2010. There is something weird about this route that D7 does not promote it at all.

D7IKA.jpg

By the way, I just reached a milestone in MalaysianWings. This is my 2,000th official post in the forum.

maybe there's just nothing to promote in Iran? Nuclear plants visit? :blink:

maybe there's just nothing to promote in Iran? Nuclear plants visit? :blink:

drugs?

Yes, I was also surprised to see Tehran becoming bookable when I checked for the Seoul fares. But there are no promo fares. AirAsia website did promote it for a while and then dropped that when India and Korea routes were launched.

I am of the opinion that D7 is forced to fly Tehran because MH does not want it. D7 might be required to fly Tehran if it wants the more juicy Jeddah rights...

I was told there are about 100,000 Iranians in he country and they are using Malaysia as a spring board to another country.

Maybe don't want to attract attention from big o' US of A?

Maybe D7 can consider using this as the mid point in a one stop service for their Paris service.