MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

RBA Leases Six 777s From SIA

Finally, one of the world's most tortured and 'tormented' re-fleeting came true. Btw, they are receiving all 6 B777s over the next few months, BI sure is up to something big..Perhaps polishing their marketing skills would be a good start.

My friend took an interior photo..all ex-SQ seats, both J and Y...only change, the KrisWorld is now Skyshow.

(ps: just booked KUL-BWN with them, hopefully they will swap a 767 on that day, wishful thinking, but hey...I can dream right? :p)

Robert Yang is not an ex CEO of Singapore Airlines.

nope, he is the ex-country manager for SQ for North America, i think. :)

Finally, one of the world's most tortured and 'tormented' re-fleeting came true. Btw, they are receiving all 6 B777s over the next few months, BI sure is up to something big..Perhaps polishing their marketing skills would be a good start.

My friend took an interior photo..all ex-SQ seats, both J and Y...only change, the KrisWorld is now Skyshow.

(ps: just booked KUL-BWN with them, hopefully they will swap a 767 on that day, wishful thinking, but hey...I can dream right? :p)

nope, he is the ex-country manager for SQ for North America, i think. :)

In the end I got A319...to make the thing worse, both sectors were by V8-RBR..almost got the same seats!! T.T...So long B767! Anyways, saw one B767 parked outside hangar. Most probably will be retired soon.

Interior shots of BI's 'brand new' 777

4692294313_4bebe58d47_b.jpg

4796543787_08e19994cb_b.jpg

4796529313_386792f1d0_b.jpg

Edited by Andi C

I got the guy at the right most at the top picture for my KUL-BWN sector last month. Apparently he is very senior in RBA. Think he is a Chief Steward or Inflight Service Manager.

That aside....from what I see the flight is 'pretty much' empty...how long will RBA sustain this?

As some of you may have already known, Royal Brunei has finally updated its website to reflect their "new" Business and Economy Class products on the leased B777-200ER.

However, it looks like they have provided some conflicting information on economy class seat pitch : 32" on product information page, 33" on the fleet information page and 34" on the seat map. :blink:

Screenshot2010-08-08at104251.png

Screenshot2010-08-08at104308.png

All Contents © Copyright 2010 Royal Brunei Airlines

Edited by H C Chai

Seems like they are sending the 772's over to BKI at times now

Seen them flying off in the morning at least a couple of times already

Last I flew with them on the A320's there were plenty of empty seats

Goodness knows what the load may be nowadays !

Royal Brunei B777-200ER V8-BLF just landed at Changi ... operating BI421 from BWN. Hope this happens more regularly.

Meanwhile, 9V-SRE (formerly in Star Alliance livery) is now in the air ... conducting air test in the colours of Transaero Airlines. Scheduled to return to SIN at 1300hrs (but its departure was delayed by 50mins ... so perhaps an arrival closer to 1400hrs.

KC Sim

Royal Brunei B777-200ER V8-BLF just landed at Changi ... operating BI421 from BWN. Hope this happens more regularly.

Meanwhile, 9V-SRE (formerly in Star Alliance livery) is now in the air ... conducting air test in the colours of Transaero Airlines. Scheduled to return to SIN at 1300hrs (but its departure was delayed by 50mins ... so perhaps an arrival closer to 1400hrs.

KC Sim

I think it is a regular thing these days. Last nite's flight to/from BWN was operated by a BI 772.

My sister will be flying back fro SIN to BWN soon as well. Equipment listed is 772. Seems like RBA is 'abusing' their B777 like what SQ did last time. On a side note, BI has retired all of its B763. Pity, never got a chance to fly on it.

i think i saw it just now depart at around 8pm from town. it's quite low, but just in time to enter the rain cloud before i can recognize it. :(

i think i saw it just now depart at around 8pm from town. it's quite low, but just in time to enter the rain cloud before i can recognize it. :(

You are so correct about that, according to flightstats, BI sent their 777 for a passenger flight to KK last night.

Edited by Alif A. F.

Has anyone here flown BI 777? Based on a A.net TR, it looks like BI has made very little changes to the interior and both J/Y are looking a little tired. Anyway, here are a few more really nice promotional photos I found from the BI's Facebook site.

BI7770.jpg

BI7772.jpg

BI7771.jpg

BI7773.jpg

Economy Class

BIY1.jpg

BIY2.jpg

BIY3.jpg

Business Class

BIC2.jpg

BIC3.jpg

BIC4.jpg

BIC6.jpg

BIC5.jpg

BIC1.jpg

BIC7.jpg

BIC9.jpg

BIC8.jpg

All photos copyright to Facebook Royal Brunei London

My sister will be flying back fro SIN to BWN soon as well. Equipment listed is 772. Seems like RBA is 'abusing' their B777 like what SQ did last time. On a side note, BI has retired all of its B763. Pity, never got a chance to fly on it.

At least one goes to Aerosvit Ukraine Airlines

not one but two

Actually all six are going to AeroSvit according to skyliner-aviation.de. http://skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4&page=4

I found out that the ptv's are touch screens! I was quite amazed though. By the way, can't wait to fly with them next June ! :yahoo:

Those PTV are leftover from SQ, basically, BI just 'plastered' their SkyShow over KrisShow..:)

Location please... :help:

Believe not in Malaysia, perhaps the picture from Lufthansa-Philippine hangar? :pardon:

Location please... :help:

Believe not in Malaysia, perhaps the picture from Lufthansa-Philippine hangar? :pardon:

Actually the hangar looks like the one in Brunei International Airport. Skyliner-aviation.de reported that all BI's ex 763ER are now being converted in Brunei. One might have left yesterday fro delivery.

Actually the hangar looks like the one in Brunei International Airport. Skyliner-aviation.de reported that all BI's ex 763ER are now being converted in Brunei. One might have left yesterday fro delivery.

Try to search but result various, i can't find true number of BI/RBA B767 fleets before it retire from BI operation...

But 2 of they B767 went to Subang and till now no news about it...

As posted by me on 31aug10:

Boeing 767 -33A 25534 477 V8-RBH Royal Brunei ferried 31aug10 BWN-KUL prior return to lessor

Boeing 767 -33A 25532 442 V8-RBG Royal Brunei ferried 31aug10 BWN-KUL prior return to lessor