MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
fenandri

About Berjaya Air

well if i not mstaken they alreadyhave operation between darwin and papua..correct me if im wrong.

The contract has ended. 9M-TAQ is back in SZB and operating for J8 already.

Berjaya Air flies to Hua Hin

BANGKOK, 5 October 2012: Malaysia’s Berjaya Air will commence three-weekly service between Subang Airport, (Kuala Lumpur) and Hua Hin, 8 November.

It is the first regional airline service to fly direct to Hua Hin nd will require immigration and customs services that will have to be assigned from Bangkok and paid for by the airline.

The airline has yet to finalise the schedule, but it will operate three weekly flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday using a 70-seat ATR72 aircraft.

The airline used to operate flights to Samui, but has halted the service since last March.

Current destinations are Tioman Island, Redang Island, Pangkor, Langawi in Malaysia and Singapore from its base in Subang. It will also commence a new service to Kota Bharu, near Thai-Malaysia border 28 October.

SOURCE: http://www.ttrweekly...ies-to-hua-hin/

Berjaya, I think, used to operate two BN-2B Islanders (9M-TAC and 9M-TAD) in the 1990s. Despite much searching I have not been able to find a photo of either of these aircraft. Anyone here got a picture they can post?

Waiting in hope!

Geoff

Berjaya, I think, used to operate two BN-2B Islanders (9M-TAC and 9M-TAD) in the 1990s. Despite much searching I have not been able to find a photo of either of these aircraft. Anyone here got a picture they can post?

Waiting in hope!

Geoff

I remember they used to operate the Chinese-made clone for a few years in the early 90s. Was it the Y-12 or something?

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19950202-1

That was 9M-TAE though.

Edited by Radzi

I remember they used to operate the Chinese-made clone for a few years in the early 90s. Was it the Y-12 or something?

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19950202-1

That was 9M-TAE though.

The two Y-12s were 9M-TAB and TAE. Islanders TAC and TAD were around for quite a few years so I'm surprised there are no photos about.

Geoff

Islanders TAC and TAD were around for quite a few years so I'm surprised there are no photos about.

Guess that back then during the film area, photography was expensive relatively and there were no ways to show your photos to the public anyway, so spotting within this region was extremely rare.

Posted on 31 October 2012 - 05:38am

Eva Yeong

sunbiz@thesundaily.com

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 31, 2012): Berjaya Air Sdn Bhd will begin thrice weekly flights from Subang to Hua Hin, Thailand on Nov 18 on its ATR 72-500 following the launch of the new destination yesterday.

As a partner of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Berjaya Air will be the first foreign airline to fly into Hua Hin, which is the sixth destination for the airline.

"Berjaya Air operates in a niche market of sun, sea and sand to destinations such as Tioman, Langkawi, Pangkor and Redang and spreading our wings to Hua Hin was very much a natural decision as Hua Hin has similar marketing potential to the rest of our current destinations," said Berjaya Air director Datuk Azlan Meah at the launch yesterday.

The flights, aimed at golfers and leisure travellers, will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

"Hua Hin has the added advantage of having three world-class golf courses – Black Mountain, Banyan and Spring Field.

"Presently, golfers have to suffer a time wasting three-hour ride from Bangkok but with the introduction of our direct service, golfers can now enjoy an additional six hours on the course.

"Over and above sea lovers and golfers, we hope to target the leisure travellers who will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of Hua Hin, which is also the Thai royalty's summer retreat," said Azlan.

Hua Hin will be Berjaya Air's only flight to Thailand, after having stopped its flights to Koh Samui in March this year due to lack of frequency and aircraft.

Azlan said it is not looking to reinstate flights to Koh Samui as there are "a lot of challenges" with many big airlines flying there now.

He said Berjaya Air will expand slowly and organically, with focus on growing its latest destination and the introduction of more domestic destinations.

"We are going to Kota Baru in the next one to two months and Penang after that."

Berjaya Air currently flies from Subang to Tioman, Redang, Pangkor and Langkawi, and from Singapore to Tioman and Redang and Azlan said it is not looking at collaborations or at starting a jet operation for now.

"It (collaborations) is not our main agenda at the moment, but in the near future if new ideas come along we shouldn't be left behind.

"We have not looked at jets seriously as our hands are full serving current needs."

The airline currently operates three Dash 7 aircraft (48 seats) and two ATR 72-500s (72 seats).

Berjaya Air general manager Adelie Lee said it has options for another two units of the ATR 72-500, but it does not have plans to exercise the options yet.

"We are going to Kota Baru in the next one to two months and Penang after that."

Early schedule, suppose J8 fly to Kota Bharu (KBR) starting on 28th Oct but postpone. As received their confirmation booking email, seems J8 will fly to KBR on 29th Nov 2012 (Thursday).

DATE FLIGHT DEPARTURE AIRPORT TIME ARRIVAL AIRPORT CLASS BAG

29NOV J8 260 SZB-SULTAN ABDUL AZIZ 0800 KBR-KOTA BHARU, MALAYS Q -OK 20K

ARRIVAL:0905

Welcome J8 to KBR and PEN soon.

Not sure how I missed this and only just found out that that last year Berjaya Air cancelled all scheduled flights. This is makes getting to Tioman a real pain.

Any idea what the long term plan is Berjaya Air?

Not sure how I missed this and only just found out that that last year Berjaya Air cancelled all scheduled flights. This is makes getting to Tioman a real pain.

Any idea what the long term plan is Berjaya Air?

Tunamaya Airlines were due to fly from Subang to Tioman three times per week using a Cessna 208, but I'm not sure if it has been operating or not. Rather than a scheduled flight it would appear to be more of a regular charter service as you have to book 1 month in advance. http://www.tunamayaresort.com/sitemap/gettingthere.html

Geoff

how come the india trustee still carry malaysian flag?

Wet lease perhaps? After all the aircraft still carries 9M registration.

Berjaya buys two ATR aircraft for KL-Redang route

Berjaya Air will acquire two pre-owned ATR 42-500 aircraft to launch direct flights from Subang to Redang Island.

Read more here: https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/02/08/berjaya-buys-two-atr-aircraft-for-klredang-route/

Their ATR72 and Dash 8 have already been sold ?

Their ATR72 and Dash 8 have already been sold ?

Yes, 9M-TAG is now active with Trujet as VT-TMK and 9M-TAQ as VT-TMP. Both left J8 fleet in 2015.

The incoming used ATR 42 is 20 years old ex-Aeromar of Mexico. MSN 564, leased from Elix Aviation Capital

https://m.planespotters.net/airframe/ATR/ATR-42/2-ATLN-Elix-Aviation-Capital/yAGxuBw

Their Dash 7 fleet: 9M-TAH, 9M-TAK and 9M-TAL are all stored at SZB. Don't think they will fly again considering their age.

Edited by JuliusWong

KUALA LUMPUR, 21 FEBRUARY 2020 – Berjaya Hotels & Resorts (“BHR”) is pleased to announce the launch of its inaugural flight from Subang Airport, Kuala Lumpur (also known as Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport or Subang Skypark Terminal) to Redang Island at 10.10am on 20.02.2020. With the new ATR 42-500 aircraft operated and managed by Berjaya Air, travellers can now embark on a seamless journey to experience the crystal-clear water and white powdery sand of Redang Island, where the group owns two resorts, namely The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort and Redang Island Resort.

https://www.berjayahotel.com/media-centre/news/berjaya-hotels-resorts-launches-new-direct-flight-subang-airport-taaras-beach-spa-resort-redang-island.html

Berjaya Air signs for 2 ATR 72-600 with premium cabin interior

https://www.atr-aircraft.com/presspost/berjaya-air-signs-for-2-atr-72-600-with-premium-cabin-interior/

Berjaya becomes the launch customer of the ATR HighLine “All-Business Class” configuration 

Paris Air Show, 20 June 2023 – Malaysian airline Berjaya Air has signed a Heads of Agreement for two ATR 72-600. Both aircraft will be in an “All-Business Class” configuration, which is part of the new ATR HighLine premium collection of cabin interiors. They will have a 1-1 layout with individual outboard side stowage. Deliveries are planned for 2025 and 2026. 

The two new aircraft will enable Berjaya to rebrand itself into a premium offering and to expand its network to serve the Group’s many resorts and hotels. From its main base at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah airport, Berjaya will operate the lowest emission aircraft available on the regional market.