MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

SIA's move to phase out 777-200ERs gathers pace

At least SQ will likely continue to serve KUL so thatStar Alliance will not just rely on TG to provide daily access. Same reason I guess why BWN remains SQ-serviced, even though SQ uses MI's 320s on most of the frequencies. If this gets transferred to MI, BWN will disappear from Star's network.

At least SQ will likely continue to serve KUL so thatStar Alliance will not just rely on TG to provide daily access. Same reason I guess why BWN remains SQ-serviced, even though SQ uses MI's 320s on most of the frequencies. If this gets transferred to MI, BWN will disappear from Star's network.

I agree. Dear SQ please do not remove BWN from your network! I don't wanna be stucked in BI's super tiny A319 with their super sucky food!!

I agree. Dear SQ please do not remove BWN from your network! I don't wanna be stucked in BI's super tiny A319 with their super sucky food!!

You may want to know that 60% of SQ flights to BWN are operated using MI's "not much bigger-than-super tiny A319" A320, with MI service, food, cutlery and LCC-esque quality/ quantity of food. The MI service in Y is not much better than in BI's Y, and BI's biz is far superior to MI's biz on the same type of aircraft.

A few years ago, this MI-operated service would have used SQ's head rest covers, SQ inflight mags, cutlery, quality/ quantity of food on the A320s, but no more - cost cuttings I guess.

You may want to know that 60% of SQ flights to BWN are operated using MI's "not much bigger-than-super tiny A319" A320, with MI service, food, cutlery and LCC-esque quality/ quantity of food. The MI service in Y is not much better than in BI's Y, and BI's biz is far superior to MI's biz on the same type of aircraft.

A few years ago, this MI-operated service would have used SQ's head rest covers, SQ inflight mags, cutlery, quality/ quantity of food on the A320s, but no more - cost cuttings I guess.

How about the cabin crew on this route? Using SQ or MI cabin crew?

How about the cabin crew on this route? Using SQ or MI cabin crew?

MI cabin crew, then and now. But all announcements are as if on SQ equipment.

back then, the only MI labels are the logos on the plane and on the safety card. Everything else that are easily removable are replaced with SQ branded compatible items.

Thanks for the info. Yeap, I know that. Thats why I tried to avoid weekend flight for SQ which are mainly operated by MI. With those few short haul flights being downgraded, am afraid BWN is next on the chopping block. Last time, when BI/SQ were code-sharing pax get an occasional swapped from A319/ A320 to B763ER. B772ER has no problem. :rolleyes:

B763ER is superior to any A320 family members; but not to SQ's B772ER for sure. At least you do get widebody for a 2hr+ flight. I agree MI and BI food sucks to the max. Try BI's char kuey tiao, it tastes like plastic strips. :angry:

Unlikely as it would mean that BWN would disappear from Star's network.

If it's a money-loosing route, Star or not Star, it'll go.

Agree, I am sure the new CEO will order a company wide review of everything so that he can make the necessary changes to set up the airline for another spurt of growth under his stewardship.