MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

KUL 14L in 2010

Wow..Is a very nice SVA B744 smokly landing, But it seem this few days the rwy 32 was using more then rwy 14..

IMO, this is a normal (landing) practice of B744 LH's pilots as I've a lot of LH smoky landing shots at VVTS (SGN) even with calm wind. The reason is to ensure that spoilers will automatically deploy and to activate the auto-brake. I think it is a lesson learnt from AF's incident when the aircraft touched down so smooth that there is not enough pressure force on the main gear to actuate the auto-brake sensors.

Thank you, sir!

Thanks, Liew. Very nice shots incl. the above one which was called in our air force slang "dog pissing position" :rofl: when landing with strong crosswind. I surely miss this location.

5 shots together to see a clearer "dog pissing position" :rofl:

***Note : It will take awhile to load.***

VNA354gw.gif

Edited by Chaity

Fantastic landing-sequence of VN 321, Chaity !!!

Love it...

As Chaity mention in AT thread that runwei changed to 14L , and here is a couple of shots. First time getting smokey at 14L.

Image00002-2.jpg

Image00001-3.jpg

Nice shot of the Smoky Southern Hon Kit. Keep em comming :drinks:

Oui Lim-Lim, you lost your way to work and ended up spotting ? :rofl:

Nice "pening" shots in a less than ideal lighting. :good:

Went up to OH today to hopefully catch some departures. Was terribly shocked when again today 14L was used for landing and 14R for take off =@ =@ Dashed my hopes of getting some decent take off shots of some rare species. Anyways, I left just shy of 3pm because it started drizzling. Missed quite a few specials because i arrived late, but nevertheless it was a good spotting session :) Cheers!

9V-TAE-14L-18-06-10.jpg

9V-TAE

9V-JSF-14L-18-06-10.jpg

9V-JSF

B-16308-14L-18-06-10.jpg

B-16308

A6-ERD-14L-18-06-10.jpg

A6-ERD

EK-Vs-MH.jpg

She was taxiing slower than a tortoise, so decided to do some comparison :lol: :lol:

9M-MLB-14L-18-06-10.jpg

9M-MLB. Beauty to shoot anytime anywhere of the day :)

VN-A366-14L-18-06-10.jpg

VN-A366. How nice if 32R was used for take off :(

XY-AGG-14L-18-06-10.jpg

XY-AGG. You too, hope to catch you closer towards me next time at 32R!! :angry:

A6-EYQ-14L-18-06-10.jpg

A6-EYQ

7O-ADP-14L-18-06-10.jpg

7O-ADP. She was being pushed back for 14R departure :( :(

A6-EBK-14L-18-06-10.jpg

A6-EBK. I am getting a tad too bored with EK already lah. Any medicine to cure this disease? After landing she waited in front of me for over 10 minutes. Reason was she was waiting for another big momma to be towed out to her bay.

9M-MPN-14L-18-06-10.jpg

9M-MPN. Padan muka you delay EK :rofl:

9M-XXE-14L-18-06-10.jpg

9M-XXE.

After D7 landed, it started drizzling. Skies were all turning cloudy. I decided to leave before a heavy shower arrives. That concludes spotting in a row for 5 days :) Have a great weekend everyone! :good:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Fantastic Shot there Sri Ramani.

No Beredar Team visited you at obs hill?

Fantastic Shot there Sri Ramani.

No Beredar Team visited you at obs hill?

Thanks a lot bro! No beredar as long as I was there. Probably they're all busy looking at the amois at the Japanese SuperGT challenge this weekend in Sepang F1 :rofl: :rofl:

Our new KUL hardcore spotter ! :lol:

A lot of us are longing for 14L arrival except you still looking for 32R departure. :p

Good that the light wasn't that good while you were there. If not, you will get backlit on the fuselage. B)

Our new KUL hardcore spotter ! :lol:

A lot of us are longing for 14L arrival except you still looking for 32R departure. :p

Good that the light wasn't that good while you were there. If not, you will get backlit on the fuselage. B)

Haha Chaity, I never knew that many were craving for 14L arrivals. Maybe because I have been spending so much time catching arrivals in Sepang town. Wanted to get some departures of some unusual (most of them are already usual for you i guess :lol: ) birds, but it's ok. Being able to be on OH for that long is already a great feat! :drinks:

Sri Ramani,

Yes those pix are much better than those under hazy conditions and white skies. Perhaps its a Friday and the bulis are not so diligent patrolling OH. Good job and thanks for sharing! :clapping:

Nice 1 Ramani... your picture become better every spotting session only hampered you weather I believe... At least we have "new born" of KUL soon-to-be hardcore spotters...hehe..

I Wish tomorrow can drop by somewhere KLIA for spotting after Japan GT race...Any idea/predict active runway for tomorrow??

Revive 14L again since last posting was in June '10. :blink:

On 4th Aug '10 (Wed), Rwy was changed from 32 to 14 at around 1700. :yahoo:

Light was really good that evening. :good:

I moved from Sepang Town to track side next to the main road. :rolleyes:

Rather common now to see this 1World plane. :p

JA604Jw.jpg

My first catch of SQ A330 in the evening. :yahoo:

Leech on board kah ? :lol:

9VSTDw.jpg

When an airport limo is down, how many vehicle will come to the rescue ? :blink:

Wait for 3 seconds for the answer ..... =@

carw2.gif

I was EXTREMELY lucky to catch this when 3 of the conditions happened together.

1. Rwy 14L in use that will cut short the arrival time for traffic from north :rolleyes:

2. Sunlight is good and carry on until 1900++ :good:

3. This aircraft with STA 1925 arriving early :yahoo:

JYAIFw.jpg

Edited by Norman

i told you in the other thread, when Chaity goes spotting, please follow and tag along. you are sure to get all these 3 too:

1) Good light

2) Blue sky

3) Specials

:drinks: