MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sing Yew

Give us Sydney, not Pyongyang, says AirAsia X

There's one remaining A330-200 looking to be sold last i heard so Europe is out of the question. At least till the A350 arrives.

Yes, Asia Pacific will be their focus in the near term as this is the area of economic growth and huge populations.

Don't they want to bring in the European passengers?

They are not able to offer significantly lower fares than FSCs. Europe is going into recession and demand will not be that high.

Even with full flights, D7 does not make much profit, if any at all. Europe is very costly, with high airport service charges, taxes and govt duties. There is little business case to continue on the present cost structure.

They are not able to offer significantly lower fares than FSCs. Europe is going into recession and demand will not be that high.

Even with full flights, D7 does not make much profit, if any at all. Europe is very costly, with high airport service charges, taxes and govt duties. There is little business case to continue on the present cost structure.

It seems EK, EY, QR are doing well out from Europe.

It seems EK, EY, QR are doing well out from Europe.

EK, EY & QR aren't offering LCC fares and they have Business & First Class revenue to boot.

Not forgetting the fact that it costs less to fly from Europe to the Middle East than Europe to Asia.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

And this is why MH's not deploying the A380 to SYD or any other AU destination. D7 taking up the capacity and pushing the number of seats available on MY-AU routes to the limit set by bilateral agreements.

But I thought the bilateral agreement is capping the frequency, not capacity. If capacity allowed has reached max, then why we still see D7 adjusting their flights based on seasonal demand?

http://airlineroute....11/01/d7-jul13/

D7 will be serving MEL and SYD 11 weekly from 1 July - 30 September 2013, up from current daily.

Surely if the capacity has reached the max limit allowed in the bilateral, D7 will not be able to add any more flights to Australia. And since this is obviously not the case, MH can simply deploy the A380 to SYD and/or MEL at any time.

But I thought the bilateral agreement is capping the frequency, not capacity. If capacity allowed has reached max, then why we still see D7 adjusting their flights based on seasonal demand?

If it's frequency capping, then changing planes won't be an issue. I'm certain it's capacity cap.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

EK, EY & QR aren't offering LCC fares and they have Business & First Class revenue to boot.

Cannot say about EK or QR, nor Business or First Class, but EY was cheaper than D7 last I had to make a comparison, in cattle class of course

Neither was EY's offering anything LCC'ish either :)

Cannot say about EK or QR, nor Business or First Class, but EY was cheaper than D7 last I had to make a comparison, in cattle class of course

One is charging LCC price for FSC service while the one do the opposite.

http://airlineroute....11/01/d7-jul13/

D7 will be serving MEL and SYD 11 weekly from 1 July - 30 September 2013, up from current daily.

Surely if the capacity has reached the max limit allowed in the bilateral, D7 will not be able to add any more flights to Australia. And since this is obviously not the case, MH can simply deploy the A380 to SYD and/or MEL at any time.

What I heard, SYD is reaching its full capacity. Apparently, there's a campaign to promote Canberra Airport to become the second de facto airport by building a high speed train between Sydeny and Canberra.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/canberra-airport-s-11bn-high-speed-rail-plan

LCCT is operating beyond capacity. Maybe the SYD airport guys should come and study how our great MAB is doing things over here! ;)

If a response is received within a minute to an email enquiry, during after office hours on a Friday evening is anything to go by ..... :good:

AirAsia fined by Australian court for not including taxes, charges in advertised air fares

December 18, 2012

MELBOURNE, Dec 18 – A Federal Court in Melbourne said today low-cost-carrier AirAsia Berhad had been given a hefty A$200,000 (RM645,000) fine for not including taxes and other charges on its website, a violation against the Australian Consumer Law.

According to a report in the Herald Sun, the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC) said the www.airasia.com site did not indicate whether the ticket prices included taxes, fees, loads or other additional costs “in a prominent way and as a single figure”.

The violation involved flights from Melbourne to Macau, London, Ho Chi Minh City, New Delhi, Hangzhou and Chengdu, flights from Perth to Taipei, Phuket, Osaka, London, Ho Chi Minh City and Hangzhou, as well as from the Gold Coast to Ho Chi Minh City, the report said.

Unless the full price is prominently displayed, the consumer may well be attracted to a transaction which he or she would not otherwise have found to be appealing and grudgingly pay the additional imposts rather than go to the trouble of withdrawing from the transaction and looking elsewhere, said Justice Tracey in his judgment.

Therefore, Tracey noted AirAsia’s actions had given them an unfair advantage compared with other companies who comply with the rules.

The report also said that in addition to the fine, AirAsia had also given an undertaking restraining it from engaging in similar conduct for three years.

“This ACCC action vindicates the importance of all inclusive pricing,” ACCC chairman Rod Sims said.

“Consumers must have accurate price information, and in turn, airlines require a level playing field on price representations in this competitive industry where consumers are price sensitive,” the Herald Sun reported.

Last time MH's new Australian website was done for a long period of time as it did not comply with Australian standard.

I guess the potential loss of income would be more than A$200,000.