MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

9M-FFF

5940584315_e636ea9bef_b.jpg

9M-FFF

5940588549_43af906801_b.jpg

Not sure if this question has been asked before.

Why is Firefly's 738 is leased, subleased and further subleased??

I saw this placard on 9M-FFF which says,

This Aircraft is owned by NBB-39320 Lease Partnership,

3-3-2 Nihonbashi Hamacho,

Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0007, Japan,

and is leased to

BBAM Aircraft Holdings 128 (Labuan) Ltd

and is subleased to

Malaysian Airline System Berhad

and is further subleased to

FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd and is subject to a

first priority mortgage/pledge in favour of

Deutsche Bank AG, Singapore Branch.

9M-FFF.jpg

Edited by yangjie

There is leakage somewhere in that plane ! :D

As for the lease and sublease etc issue, I guess that is one way to keep all the lawyers and bankers of the world in employment :p

737-430 9M-FZB (c/n 27003 l/n 2328 built 07/92) is currently on delivery, having departed Shannon yesterday (27th July) for Ankara and Dubai.

I notice now passengers can book FY flights on MH websites as codeshare. The fare is like double more than FY's page. I wonder about the catering? unlimited?

Mike, only for KUL-KCH-KUL and KUL-BKI-KUL only so far for the jet services as tested on their website...as for services, don't know...

I notice now passengers can book FY flights on MH websites as codeshare. The fare is like double more than FY's page. I wonder about the catering? unlimited?

I tried KUL-SDK on MAS website and it tells me there is no flight available.... so still can't book Firefly thru MAS website i reckon...

Dissappointed with FY. they force pax to buy the standard services as u can't removed the standard services on the RM0.00 fare. not fair at all. i would name it its cheating.....

100% agree - this kind of T&C shows that they are not sincere in offering zero fares. It is just a headline grabbing gimmick. Shame on you, Firefly!

FY has its own bus service like AK too.

edm-bus.jpg

Greetings from Firefly!

Firefly collaborates with Airport Coach Sdn Bhd to offer passengers convenient and affordable airport transfers between KL Sentral and Main Terminal Building, KL International Airport all-day long. Priced at RM10 per adult and RM6 per child (persons aged 6 years old and below) for a one-way trip, it's a great way to control travel cost.

Book your bus ticket as you book your flights online at www.fireflyz.com.my, then produce your flight itinerary as proof of purchase at the Airport Coach ticket counter to redeem your ticket - it's so easy! For more details, visit www.fireflyz.com.my/about/faq and check out Airport Transfer.

Airport Coach busses make the hour-long trip between KL Sentral and Main Terminal Building, KL International Airport every 30 minutes from 5.30am to 12.30am daily; and every hour from 1am to 4am daily. To see the bus schedule, visit www.airportcoach.com.my.

Thank you.

Let's be a bit kiasu about it, AK's Skybus cost only RM9?

FY has its own bus service like AK too.

edm-bus.jpg

Greetings from Firefly!

Firefly collaborates with Airport Coach Sdn Bhd to offer passengers convenient and affordable airport transfers between KL Sentral and Main Terminal Building, KL International Airport all-day long. Priced at RM10 per adult and RM6 per child (persons aged 6 years old and below) for a one-way trip, it's a great way to control travel cost.

Book your bus ticket as you book your flights online at www.fireflyz.com.my, then produce your flight itinerary as proof of purchase at the Airport Coach ticket counter to redeem your ticket - it's so easy! For more details, visit www.fireflyz.com.my/about/faq and check out Airport Transfer.

Airport Coach busses make the hour-long trip between KL Sentral and Main Terminal Building, KL International Airport every 30 minutes from 5.30am to 12.30am daily; and every hour from 1am to 4am daily. To see the bus schedule, visit www.airportcoach.com.my.

Thank you.

The only difference is that the buses are painted in Firely colors instead of green/grey and the fare remains at RM10. By the way, Airport Coach used to charge RM25 for a one-way trip from Hentian Duta to KLIA :o This proves that competition is good B)

Edited by Isaac

The yellow Aerobuses only cost RM 8 LOL!

Yes it is; I've boarded it from KL Sentral to LCCT; that's the cheapest though.

The Aerobus is RM 8,then the Skybus is RM 9,and the Airport Coach costs RM 10.

So,when the service commences?

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

So, 9M-FFF will be last jet B738 and 9M-FZB (B734) for FY before sign a lease to other or new airlines. No more jets to expand.

9M-FFF Firefly 9M-FFF

9M-FZB B737-430 9M-FZB FIREFLY

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

We are now told that Firefly jet made losses - how could this be? I thought that they are using MH infrastructure so that they can keep costs low. I am not sure I believe that they made losses - perhaps disclosing this "fact" may make it easier to close this part of FY's operations.

We are now told that Firefly jet made losses - how could this be? I thought that they are using MH infrastructure so that they can keep costs low. I am not sure I believe that they made losses - perhaps disclosing this "fact" may make it easier to close this part of FY's operations.

Actually, this may be true. My dad has flown FY a couple of times and the load is quite bad all the time. AK on the other hand, is usually full or at least near full. I guess most people are already used to the idea that AK is the cheapest and they do not bother to compare the air fare anymore when buying ticket.

Actually, this may be true. My dad has flown FY a couple of times and the load is quite bad all the time. AK on the other hand, is usually full or at least near full. I guess most people are already used to the idea that AK is the cheapest and they do not bother to compare the air fare anymore when buying ticket.

May I know which route? I've flown SBW-KUL-SBW and both ways the load factor was excellent. Only a few vacant seats and both were midweek flights.

May I know which route? I've flown SBW-KUL-SBW and both ways the load factor was excellent. Only a few vacant seats and both were midweek flights.

KUL - SBW is definitely good since MH has given up the route and fully transferred to FY. I thought KUL - KCH is doing quite good as well.

KCH-KUL is bad.

I flew with FY few weeks ago. My flight was retimed. Apparently, an earlier flight was cancelled. With the amount of people waiting at the departure gate, it's easy to convince that they put all passengers into one flight. The retimed flight wasn't even full...

Edited by jackch747