MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

Ex FFC B738 FY done repaint and now turn FFB. The B738 FFB now already at SZB to repaint new image, no more Firefly color.

I wonder whether they will re-register the aircraft - if I remember correctly, FFC and FFB used to be MLC and MLB. Will they revert to their original reggos?

Edited by flee

I wonder whether they will re-register the aircraft - if I remember correctly, FFC and FFB used to be MLC and MLB. Will they revert to their original reggos?

Yup, I think they will revert to MH rego since body painted with MH livery and for sure TF don't want to see FY legacy anymore. :D One more, not only aircrafts revert to MH but FY's crews too revert to MH and start learning Malaysian Hospitality I guess.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Yup, I think they will revert to MH rego since body painted with MH livery and for sure TF don't want to see FY legacy anymore. :D One more, not only aircrafts revert to MH but FY's crews too revert to MH and start learning Malaysian Hospitality I guess.

So whatever happened to this so-called "new Premium regional carrier" as mentioned before? Shouldn't the aircraft be painted with this "regional carrier" livery? Has this plan been shelved?

I don't presume TF wanted to scrap up FY as much as he wanted, especially after the swap deal. The swap deal is meant to help the ailing MH and if FY is meant to assist MH in collecting more revenues, it should continue the operations. If it's profitable and yet axing FY, ain't TF slamming himself? If the swap deal is an epic fail, not only MH will lose but TF will also lose.

My 2nd cent.

The share swap is Khazanah's idea. This is one way to ensure that TF will not get away with murder if he screws up MAS!

The share swap is Khazanah's idea. This is one way to ensure that TF will not get away with murder if he screws up MAS!

Flee, u seem to know more ....do kindly share

Malaysia Airlines Group has embarked on a network rationalisation programme, which will see its subsidiary, Firefly, concentrating on serving short-haul turboprop operations, while Malaysia Airlines, focuses on enhancing its premium full-service offering. Firefly's turboprop operations will remain unaffected by this exercise. Please see the list of affected routes here.

The Group is committed to minimising any disruptions to the travel plans of Firefly jet passengers and will reassign all those affected to equivalent flights or better, at no additional cost, to ensure they reach their intended destinations.

Firefly is in the midst of contacting passengers personally to assist with the re-accommodation; passengers with queries can also email customer_care@fireflyz.com.my with booking confirmation numbers for clarification.

Source

I booked the KUL-KCH flight with Firefly in early September, just days before they stopped the jet bookings. Despite the fact that I contacted Firefly weeks ago requesting to be put on a flight with similar departure time as my cancelled Firefly flight, I was given responses like "we will get in touch with you in the next 7 working days". Last night I received an email from Malaysia Airlines confirming I have been reaccommodated to a flight departing KL 6 hours later than I intended. I'm going to miss a wedding banquet so I am not impressed... how is that going to be equivalent flight or better?!

Edited by H C Chai

I booked the KUL-KCH flight with Firefly in early September, just days before they stopped the jet bookings. Despite the fact that I contacted Firefly weeks ago requesting to be put on a flight with similar departure time as my cancelled Firefly flight, I was given responses like "we will get in touch with you in the next 7 working days". Last night I received an email from Malaysia Airlines confirming I have been reaccommodated to a flight departing KL 6 hours later than I intended. I'm going to miss a wedding banquet so I am not impressed... how is that going to be equivalent flight or better?!

6 hours is a big gap, I believe you may ask them to change your flight to earlier time slot.

6 hours is a big gap, I believe you may ask them to change your flight to earlier time slot.

That's what I have been telling them for weeks, they left it too late and now all the flights departing around the same time as my cancelled flight are full. There were still some seats available yesterday but I can never get hold of Firefly when I try to call.

That's what I have been telling them for weeks, they left it too late and now all the flights departing around the same time as my cancelled flight are full. There were still some seats available yesterday but I can never get hold of Firefly when I try to call.

Try to call MH.

Finally FY's FA now transfered to MH. They attend MH intensive class training and ready to duty on MH flight soon.

FY's FA duty during inaugural flight KUL-KCH on 15 Jan 2011. More details here

IMG_1915_TR.jpg

Now, my friend ready to duty with MH.

MAS-2.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Been on MH1164 last Saturday.

Operated by 9M-FFC in old MH livery, upon entering, you will find a small sticker OPERATED BY FLY FIREFLY SDN BHD. Crew wearing MH uniform, differernt name tag (silver in colour), different safety demo, it started with "YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY". I received FY Ngan Yin in orange packet instad of the usual one. Juice option was MARIGOLD ORANGE OR APPLE. 6 crews on board with 3 leading on duty. 2 in GCC and 1 in EY. Boarding music was different to the usual Malaysian Traditional Music.

Operated by 9M-FFC in old MH livery, upon entering, you will find a small sticker OPERATED BY FLY FIREFLY SDN BHD. Crew wearing MH uniform, differernt name tag (silver in colour), different safety demo, it started with "YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY". I received FY Ngan Yin in orange packet instad of the usual one. Juice option was MARIGOLD ORANGE OR APPLE. 6 crews on board with 3 leading on duty. 2 in GCC and 1 in EY. Boarding music was different to the usual Malaysian Traditional Music.

Looks like they still hard to leave Firefly's moments forever :D

today in history..last flight FY boeing jet operated for SBW (1st flight 1/7/2011) and SDK (1st flight 1/8/2011)..tomorrow no more orange boeing at KLIA and in Malaysian aviation..good bye, very pleasure with boeing jet Firefly..

Looks like FY continues to exists legally and operationally but as an operator for another airline. It's just that it doesnt sell/ market seats under the FY name.

Could it be that FY has wet leased their jets to MH? They are supposed to have lower costs than MH and it would be a smart move to use them. Perhaps that is why the "operated by Firefly" notice is displayed.

Could it be that FY has wet leased their jets to MH? They are supposed to have lower costs than MH and it would be a smart move to use them. Perhaps that is why the "operated by Firefly" notice is displayed.

FY has lower cost? Most definitely. B738 maintenance piggybacked on MH. Ground staff outside KL mostly piggybacked as well. Simulator and training arrangement also piggybacked.

I really wonder under whose books are the actual cost for the B738.

If its not monkey business, there must be donkey business going on.

Malaysian Aviation is actually in shambles. Not just the airlines, but also in GA. Check out how many foreign registered business jets are doing business here. And how many privately owned Bizjets doing teksi-sapu bisiness.

Minister of Aviation in open conflict with the airport operator. CCF. "So-fired" premium airlines. Chatter-Ham.

Hancur.

Yes, we see lots of N and VH registered bizjets at SZB. Mornings are particularly busy. Maybe that is why TF wants to move into this business segment too.

More stories about MH flights operated by FY. From one of my spy whom just landed from LGK:

2nd flight dengan FY yang transformed into MH, I nasihatkan avoid at all kapal dan crew FY yang dah disarungkebayakan. Miserable! MH patut malu dan crew MH patut pulaukan. Taubat akan elak kapal MH operated by FY.

LGK-KUL. Lewat 50 minit MH 1459 FFA. Kapal delayed tapi captain or leading tak sentuh pun pasal lewat dan pastinya tak minta maaf.

Leading dia good and profesional. Cuma EY crew tak sopan. Tak greet pax at all. And kelam kabut masa service. Bagi tumpah juice pada pax walau cuaca not that bad, no turbulence.

Crew EY dia kasar, angkat juice setinggi-tinggi yang boleh, tumpah sana sini, atas pax lagi. Yang paling hebat, tisu jatuh sebelah kerusi I pasal tray dia sarat sangat, konon nak sumbat everything dalam tray tu tapi dia tak kutip walau tahu dan terus ke galley. FSS Noorain yang kutip lepas tu. FSS Noorain bagi blanket ada pax minta so kasar dan tak pandang langsung muka pax tu. Dan dia berebut2 aisle dengan pax yang nak ke lav. Dia tak nak give way, dia lalu dulu dengan juice, pax should wait. Horrible! 3 kali tak bagi way to pax, dia jalan dulu. And jalan tegak, tak lembut. Lepas juice habis lari2 anak ke galley macam kapal dah nak landing. Nak tunjuk efficient tapi kelam kabut and kasar. Tutup compartment kuat2 dan kasar. They tried very hard but still miserable.

Galley crew, FS Ahmad Khir lebih kurang macam tulah more relax and cool. Tapi sebab dia jaga galley dia tak greet and tak tengok I langsung masa I masuk kapal. I naik dari pintu belakang. Dia tengah tuang guava juice and buat tak tahu. How bad kan? FY tolonglah. I yang tanya kenapa lewat? Baru terkinja nak jawab 'Kapal lewat sebab weather, bang'. Excuse me, 'Bang' is rude tau. I am not your abang or brother! I don't even know who you are. Ni 2nd time I fly dengan FS Ahmad Khir.

Part bagi peanuts and juices tu tak dapat digambarkan. FSS Lim Yoke Fong ok, adalah lembutnya tapi FSS Noorain walau senyum macam robot dan so kelam kabut macam kapal nak masuk laut.

Leading nama Halijah. Tadi masa keluar dia ingat mesti I nak tegur dia. I cakap thank you and blah. Kesian leading tu, she was OK. Masa keluar semua over. Greet pax sampai ke langit sbb dah kena komplen. Kalau tak sound akan jadilah greet pax tu umpama seksaan paling dashyat cabin crew. Pls share. I will write to MH.

It's not an easy task to work for MH and wearing the kebaya. For MH crew memang most of the time fake tapi at least ada standard and they've done it well. Diaorang ingat senang jadi cabin crew hidang air and peanuts? Ni baru 5 stations - LGK, MYY, PEN, BKI and JHB. Esok lusa kalau ASEAN lagilah hampeh.

More stories about MH flights operated by FY. From one of my spy whom just landed from LGK:

Errrr

I've experienced it yesterday.

They are soooo AZAB. Mutated MH crew......

They are supposed to have lower costs than MH and it would be a smart move to use them. Perhaps that is why the "operated by Firefly" notice is displayed.

MH staffs salary is among the lowest in the region but MH overhead is not lower than others :pardon:

Wow, what damning comments. Somehow, the crew dont have the positive/honest morale to do their job.

Why make a fuss of this issue? I have encountered not-so-friendly crew from AK as well.