MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

So far FFD is used only twice a day, for the flight to KCH.

9MFFD.jpg

Maybe we can now see FY's strategy better. With MH serving pax from oneworld partners, it will be up to FY to carry local and non oneworld partner traffic.

@ Ikman, I posted some details here - http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14457&st=760

msn 39320 ln 3690, will test as BOE130 on trackers. ^_^

Thanks RobK for info. That's mean rego is 9M-FFF and it would be first FY's new Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior?

As u mentioned, 9M-FFF now sched to deliver to the customer on 28 June. Perhaps this 9M-FFF will be use for FY's inaugural flight to Sibu (SBW) on 1st July. :D

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Thanks RobK for info. That's mean rego is 9M-FFF and it would be first FY's new Boeing 737-800s with Sky Interior?

As u mentioned, 9M-FFF now sched to deliver to the customer on 28 June. Perhaps this 9M-FFF will be use for FY's inaugural flight to Sibu (SBW) on 1st July. :D

The leased birds (ML series) do not feature the sky interior. Only the MX series (owned) have Sky interior. As FY is taking over MH's leased birds, it should therefore have the old interiors.

any news when MXE is arriving?

No date set for that one yet, hence why I've not posted it in the other thread yet. Roll out at RNT planned for 6 July so expect delivery around end of July. ;)

I was wondering if FY is ever going to fly to some regional routes in SEA that has been terminated by MH. FY doesn't have to repeat MH's route which shall be a redundancy. Perhaps like Chiang Mai? Hat Yai? Cebu? Shenzhen? Macau?

Another system upgrade:

Firefly will upgrade its reservations system on June 17 to 19, 2011.

Passengers are encouraged to check-in EARLY to ensure you don’t miss your flight.

Flights serviced by ATR72-500: Counters open THREE (3) hours and close 30 minutes before scheduled time of departure

Flights serviced by Boeing 737: Counters open FOUR (4) hours and close 45 minutes before scheduled time of departure

non-EFIS and engine fitted with IDG

Heard about IDG rather than CSD thingy. But non-EFIS B734? Where would the crew be trained? In fact, is there such a thing as a non-EFIS B734?

the FY team to Seattle departed today. latest i heard its arrival KUL/SZB is deferred to 3rd July. i dont think it will be used to SBW. how i wish it'd be FFF... :sorry:

the FY team to Seattle departed today. latest i heard its arrival KUL/SZB is deferred to 3rd July. i dont think it will be used to SBW. how i wish it'd be FFF... :sorry:

Hmmm :( BTW,please do keep us informed on the latest news about FY inaugural flight to SBW.

Heard about IDG rather than CSD thingy. But non-EFIS B734? Where would the crew be trained? In fact, is there such a thing as a non-EFIS B734?

Yes, there are such things as a non-EFIS B734. If I'm not mistaken MAS used to have two (leased) back in the early nineties. Can't remember the rego though.

For a non-EFIS 734 is the cockpit identical to the early 733's? Does it even have FMS? On another note why would Firefly use two fleets of jet airplanes? I mean it's already doing well with the 738's why revert to 734's? Surely a difference in capacity won't be that much, 144(?) vs 180(?).

For a non-EFIS 734 is the cockpit identical to the early 733's? Does it even have FMS? On another note why would Firefly use two fleets of jet airplanes? I mean it's already doing well with the 738's why revert to 734's? Surely a difference in capacity won't be that much, 144(?) vs 180(?).

Isn't the 734 for the JHB hub? Lower demand, lower capacity methinks.

I thought B738 has better fuel efficiency than B734 does. Any particular reason why FY decided to deploy B734 in JHB?

Cost of leasing the aircrafts could be one reason. The routes out of JHB has yet to be proven successful. Perhaps they're taking a low risk approach by reducing their investment cost (leasing fee of 734 must be significantly lower than that of 738), at least until the routes are proven to be successful enough to justify higher leasing fees

I thought B738 has better fuel efficiency than B734 does. Any particular reason why FY decided to deploy B734 in JHB?

They choose JHB bcos they see the potentialmarket over there. You know the Iskandar Project etc...

Besiedes, they want to capture market from SIN :rolleyes:

Hmmm :( BTW,please do keep us informed on the latest news about FY inaugural flight to SBW.

tamizi, i dont know much about this. so far no changes to the schedule. btw, i'll be on the 1st flt to SBW and SDK :yahoo:

anyway, any spotters at KUL during 9M-FFF arrival? Please spot the FO.

its a lady! :clapping:

Edited by saadiah

yup there are non-EFIS B734. but FZA has been mod to fit CSD and gen to standardize with MH fleet.