MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

Some information that I have gathered.

1. The first 2 737-400 are coming from ex-Garuda and ex-Air One

2. It will NOT be called Firefly..... it will be called Firefly... (like MASwings) there will be an add on to the name. Won't let you know yet hehehe

3. The crew uniforms will not be the same as FY

4. It will operate as a true LCC unlike Firefly ATR operations with complementary refreshments but will be BOB

5. They will have male FA's

6. Will operate from the MTB

Let's play a game Alan...see if any one of us could guess the name...

I think it will be either Firefly Regional or Firefly Express....

Any news as to when they will start selling tickets? I need cheap KCH-KUL vv tics for this Dec...hehehehe!

I guess sooner or later MAS is going to transfer some of their flights to Firefly ... Don't think I will be too pleased if my KUL-KCH-KUL this December will be "code-sharing and operated by" Firefly X,Firefly Z or whatever they want to call it... sad.gif

Good news for those who are waiting for cheap tix though!

Edited by H C Chai

If they are going to operate like a true LCC, wouldn't it make sense to operate from the LCCT? Seing that if they used the MTB, they would obviously be charged for the aerobridge which in turn would be passed down to the consumer right? or are they going to use the remote stands around the MTB?

If they are going to operate like a true LCC, wouldn't it make sense to operate from the LCCT? Seing that if they used the MTB, they would obviously be charged for the aerobridge which in turn would be passed down to the consumer right? or are they going to use the remote stands around the MTB?

Not necessarily so

They can repeat the Air Asia joke like at other airports - occupy the bay, ignore aerobridge and make pax climb down and up stairs, perhaps just to drive home the point that you chose to fly 'cheap' :D

Yes is on track for a December launch. Initial destination will be Sabah and Sarawak before flights to Indonesia once additional aircraft are available. Operating from the MTB makes sense to me as it will be the only plus point if I HAD to fly a LCC. as AK has better and newer planes and more frequencies. Most people just hate the current LCCT and KLIA2 will not be ready till 2012.

As for the name......here is a clue, the tag on to Firefly has 3 letters.

Ah, forgot that KLIA 2 won't be ready before 2012. So I assume they might move there once it is ready. LCCT currently is overcapacity, no?

Yes is on track for a December launch. Initial destination will be Sabah and Sarawak before flights to Indonesia once additional aircraft are available. Operating from the MTB makes sense to me as it will be the only plus point if I HAD to fly a LCC. as AK has better and newer planes and more frequencies. Most people just hate the current LCCT and KLIA2 will not be ready till 2012.

As for the name......here is a clue, the tag on to Firefly has 3 letters.

3 letters? let me guess.... 'FIREFLY JET'?

Different name means it is a separate entity? how about its code?still using 'FY'?

Different IATA????Looks like it is a completely new airlines as you said earlier the cabin crew also will wearing a different uniform than the current firefly.

it would be making sense for them to operate from the MTB as their passengers can connected to their parents flights, MAS and vice versa. Moreover, there are some LCC which operating from MTB such as jetstar asia, lion air, air india express....

Edited by dean hizudy

Not necessarily so

They can repeat the Air Asia joke like at other airports - occupy the bay, ignore aerobridge and make pax climb down and up stairs, perhaps just to drive home the point that you chose to fly 'cheap' :D

Haha, true that actually. Totally forgot about that.

Would there be any interlining between MH and the new FY?

Yes it is a separate entity in a way. Just like AirAsia & AirasiaX and Malaysia Airlines & MASwings. However same website, same management but different cost centre.

I hope it operates some of MH's services to Singapore!

Let's also hope that the livery is different from Firefly but equally vibrant.

KC Sim

actually someone has got the correct name! Congratulations!

if really the case where Firefly do take the 734s from MH - they better take 1 or 2 extra - as these ageing 734s in their 18 yrs average by then will have quite a fair bit of unscheduled maintenance issues.

Jeez, I thought FIREFLY LAH...:D

Jeez, I thought FIREFLY LAH...:D

If it's Sabah based, I'll bet my grandmother's dentures it will be FIREFLY-bah ! :D

Hang on a sec, I don't have my grandmother's dentures, so I'll have to take that back :D

Any MWingers know where is the KCH Firefly Cabin crew interview will be held? A lot of people talking but no venue known. No info on their website, FB or even walk-in to their office in T3, no one knew about it. Thanks guys.

Edited by Adrian M

Not a good idea - we may not have enough idle parking bays here in Borneo to cater for the upcoming deluge of retired old birds :p

At least half of the retired jets go to MAS Wings would be okay. For MAS Wings to operate Kuching-KK-Kuching or Miri-KK-Miri etc...

At least half of the retired jets go to MAS Wings would be okay. For MAS Wings to operate Kuching-KK-Kuching or Miri-KK-Miri etc...

Guess the 734's will be way too expensive to operate just KCH-BKI-KCH or MYY for that matter; is their enough demand to operate 737-400's 'internally' in East-Malaysia ?

Any MWingers know where is the KCH Firefly Cabin crew interview will be held? A lot of people talking but no venue known. No info on their website, FB or even walk-in to their office in T3, no one knew about it. Thanks guys.

I think at the moment the first batch of 737 crew will be experienced ex-MH crew not fresh intake.

With the entry of this new airlines, will make malaysia has 8 schedule airlines.

8 scheduled airlines, what's the other one? I'm counting about 7 - MAS, AirAsia, AirAsia X, Firefly, MASwings, Berjaya Air and this newly formed Firefly Jet/Two/MAX.. was it transmile? Gading Sari? or MASkargo?