MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ignatius

Red Bull Air Race (Perth, West Australia) 2010

One of the red bull planes crashed into the Swan River just before midday today.

TheWest

Some more videos taken by amateurs during the practice/training session. Wind is a bit gusty during the time of the crash

Hi all,

Sad to report that 11.50hrs (WST) today during the first practice session of this year's Red Bull Air Race hosted in Perth, that Brazilian pilot Adilson Kindlemann crashed his MXR Technologies MXS-R aircraft N19MX msn 7 into the Swan River. He had moments earlier passed thru the starting gates and had weaved thru the 3 chicanes when on exiting out of the last pylon appears the aircraft has appeared to have stalled, flying at approx 50ft the aircraft dived slightly and was recovered by Adilson who then applied more power but unfortunately the aircraft failed to climb and hit the water. He was recovered from the aircraft within minutes of the crash and was transported to Royal Perth Hospital where his condition is reported to be stable, he suffered only whiplash and bruising and was extremely lucky and will be in hospital overnight only for observation & discharged tommorrow.

The weather here has been wet over past days resulting in the aircraft departing & returning from Jandakot Airport, as the soddened grass at Langley Park in the city was still deemed as being unsafe, tommorrow's another day & hopefully things will see the aircraft all arrive safely into Langley Park and blue skies.

Nice catching up with Iggy today at South Perth, & look forward to seeing Min & Mir over the next few days.

Heres a few pictures soon after this morning's tragic mishap!

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Please feel free to add your images into the topic & enjoy.

Regards Greg

Edited by Greg Wood

Wow.. nice capture there Gregg, nice meeting you, hope to see you tomorrow during the training session.. :good:

I think Mir & I are the last person seeing it taxi for take off in one piece :(

1024edDSC_5451.jpg

Edited by Ignatius

I think Mir & I are the last person seeing it taxi for take off in one piece :(

Yerp..25 minutes before it crashed into the river. Quite surprised he went down although he 'zig-zagged' quite high through the chicane & didn't even hit any pylons at all. I also noticed that he didn't switch 'smoke on' during the practice. A bit too excited perhaps...hehe :D

STATEMENT – RED BULL AIR RACE AIRPORT OPERATIONS, PERTH

Due to adverse weather conditions on Wednesday and Thursday, which prevented the planes from flying into the Red Bull Air Race Airport at Langley Park, the entire airport operations have been relocated to Jandakot Airport, which is closed to all media and spectators.

Friday’s training sessions will operate out of Jandakot Airport and will go ahead as planned. Training 3 takes place at 10:00 followed by Training 4 at 14:00.

The Race Airport at Langley Park is expected to be fully operational again on Saturday 17 April.

Edited by MIR

Some from me fellas. its ok... nothing much from the other side. weather behaved very well today (sarcastically) <_< errmm....

btw, i'll be on South Perth side tomorrow. So how we go.

p/s the one with roulette on the background? when was that? :angry:

LR22-34.jpg

LR22-35.jpg

LR22-36.jpg

LR22-38.jpg

LR22-39.jpg

LR22-40.jpg

LR22-41.jpg

LR22-51.jpg

LR22-50.jpg

LR22-47.jpg

LR22-46.jpg

LR22-45.jpg

LR22-44.jpg

LR22-42.jpg

LR22-37.jpg

LR22-48.jpg

LR22-49.jpg

Crash1.jpg

Crash3.jpg

Crash3.jpg

Crash5i.jpg

Crash5.jpg

Crash6.jpg

Edited by Min

Fantastic shots, Min. I've never viewed any Red Bull Air Race photos captured from the city towards South Perth before. Interesting..Love it! :yahoo:

Edited by MIR

Nice stuff Min, hope to bumb into u tomorrow, will be there for session 3/4 :good:

Thanks MIR... errrr.... Where were you? ......

Lately? <_>

I was in Malaysia.,

Edited by MIR

Iggy... ah ok... i'll see you there.. and perhaps Mr.Wood will be there too?

MIR, are you coming or what?

Mr wood will be around, Iggy will be around, MIR must skip lecture to come hahaha :drinks:

MIR, are you coming or what?

I'm unable to make it tomorrow but will be there on Qualifying Day. Check out the latest updates & announcements on Red Bull Air Race Live. Happy spotting!

Edited by MIR

Hi Guys,

The weather's improved 100% back to blue skies & sunshine. Yesterday's session netted some brilliant pictures with one member of MW taking approx 2,500 frames, others like Min, Mir & myself bit more conservative.

Today (Sun) is last day of the event! we'll be out there again today doing our best, and when time permits in the coming days more images will be posted for you guys.

Greg

Hi Guys,

The weather's improved 100% back to blue skies & sunshine. Yesterday's session netted some brilliant pictures with one member of MW taking approx 2,500 frames, others like Min, Mir & myself bit more conservative.

Today (Sun) is last day of the event! we'll be out there again today doing our best, and when time permits in the coming days more images will be posted for you guys.

Greg

Min, Mir & Greg....

no prize for naming the 2.5k-frame netter...

Iggy... want to see all 2500.... :yahoo:

Ummm.. i am one of the conservative spotter that day Uncle Norman, my pics will have to wait as they need to undergo personal screening first. hahaha.. That 2.5K clicks might have come from Ian Moy :drinks: I clocked only 0.5K frames :sorry:

Ummm.. i am one of the conservative spotter that day Uncle Norman, my pics will have to wait as they need to undergo personal screening first. hahaha.. That 2.5K clicks might have come from Ian Moy :drinks: I clocked only 0.5K frames :sorry:

Ooppssss... hehehe... sorry Iggy! :sorry: :vava:

Nigel Lamb(England), Mxr Technologies MXS-R.

N540XS_LANGLEY_170410_A.jpg

Pete McLeod (Canada), Zivko Edge 540.

N841MP_LANGLEY_170410A.jpg

Nice Mir, aduh.. I posted at the wrong airport.. darn...

anyways.. I've move it down here

Here's some I've got, not all.. but from two days ago and today, will be slow in updates as i am experiencing heavy photo traffic :blink:

Weird aerobatic glider

1024edDSC_5929.jpg

Coming in to land at langley park race airport

1024edDSC_6213.jpg

This is from todays catch of the landing in action

1024edDSC_6371.jpg

1024edDSC_6475.jpg

1024edDSC_6489.jpg

And this is what the dragonfly was doing , the one MIr caught at Jandakot

1024edDSC_6466.jpg

More to come.. though might be slow :sorry: , maybe Gregg has more to add , so is Min and Mir :good:

thanks all..

here some of mine, its ok... i just pick randoms.. 4 days in a row, i think i have at least 4k of images from this events.

r1.jpg

r5.jpg

r8.jpg

r9.jpg

r14.jpg

r18.jpg

The japanese pilot. I cant remember his name.. others?

LR22-3.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Min

Mir, I like your Pening (Panning)shots... when was this taken? Sat or Sunday? :good:

Fantastic shots, Ignatius & Min :clapping: Iggy, Hotel Delta Oscar looks like an air to air shot..Love it! Is the pilot camera shy or waving? :D Min, your bolkow close-up photo showing the co-pilot operating the Cineflex camera is very interesting :good: The name of the Japanese pilot is Yoshihide Muroya, Race Number:31

Mir, I like your Pening (Panning)shots... when was this taken? Sat or Sunday? :good:

Thanks bro, the motion blur shot was taken on Qualifying Saturday.

Oi MIR, i agree with Iggy, your blurry fast looking thing, i dont know what to name it.. but hey "pening"? hahaha

Yeah the co-pilot, most of the photos i have, he just spend most of his time staring at it.. :rolleyes:

Gidday all,

Will have a selection of pictures up tommorrow to share!

Uncle Norman Ian took the 2,500 frames ++ over the weekend! smoke comes out of Ian's camera...he works it like a well oiled machine gun!

Rgds Greg

Yup, i reckon i saw some smoke coming out his lens while i was shooting beside him, and that was during practice session :drinks: Cant wait to see them Ian and Gregg

Sign in to follow this