MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

AirAsia X to fly to Haneda

Selfish idiots. If they want to work they should have gone through proper channels rather than taking the easy way out! A few rotten apples spoils it for everyone!

Some of them probably enter the country legally first, but after few years, they deliberately over extend their stay there, thus become illegal workers...

Why is that? The visa restriction's understandable for travel to America, but Japan? We contributed a lot to their economy, not the very least helping them get rid of their old cars!

No doubt Singapore & Brunei prove themselves better nations to gain entry to other nations. They basically do not require visa to enter USA & Japan, and even China for 14 days.

No doubt Singapore & Brunei prove themselves better nations to gain entry to other nations. They basically do not require visa to enter USA & Japan, and even China for 14 days.

Tell me about it! It is so annoying. Everybody needs a visa to get into China, so no big deal there. With USA, you just need to get the visa once and it should last up to 10 years. It's only painful during the application process. But Japan...I have to get a visa every time! I don't understand why it has to be this way when it was easier previously. I have to provide all sorts of banking details, financial statements, previous visits, etc. and all I get is a 2-week visa (or longer if I'm staying longer, of course). Australian passport holders don't need a visa and they automatically get a 3-month one upon entry! :angry:

Edited by Josh T

Tell me about it! It is so annoying. Everybody needs a visa to get into China, so no big deal there. With USA, you just need to get the visa once and it should last up to 10 years. It's only painful during the application process. But Japan...I have to get a visa every time! I don't understand why it has to be this way when it was easier previously. I have to provide all sorts of banking details, financial statements, previous visits, etc. and all I get is a 2-week visa (or longer if I'm staying longer, of course). Australian passport holders don't need a visa and they automatically get a 3-month one upon entry! :angry:

The visa waive thingy is actually depending on the diplomatic relationships between the nations. Malaysia is ranked 13th in the world if I were not mistaken, still ahead of Hong Kong and Australia.

Anyway, I managed to seek the 2011 New Year Countdown flights, departing on 28th Dec and returning on 2nd Jan. It's very tempting but I didn't book it for I've planned the trip to Seoul in mid January 2011.

Azran's Tweet:

Wow! blown over by amazing response on our Tokyo sale. First 6 hours, we've sold more than most routes in 24 hours - and only 3 weekly flts

there is "multiple entry visa" for japan, but not sure whether it is applicable for "Holiday/Transit" category. no harm calling embassy to ask if u r a frequent visitor. :drinks:

International travel to (and from) Tokyo just got quicker and funkier

The new international terminal at Haneda Airport adds a stylish, modern travel hub within 30 minutes of central Tokyo

By Christopher Johnson 3 November, 2010

Arriving at Narita international airport and traveling by train through the concrete clutter of Tokyo’s east side, many tourists can’t help but think that Japan is a grey country with tired infrastructure.

They'll also wonder why it seems so difficult to get to Tokyo, even after landing in Japan. Despite a recently opened high-speed airport train cutting travel times by a third, it can still take over an hour to get from Narita International Airport to central Tokyo.

The new international terminal at Haneda Airport however, opened on October 21, can get passengers from the airport to downtown Tokyo -- or vice versa -- in around 30 minutes, and at last gives Tokyo a funky new international gateway that enhances the city’s reputation for futuristic designs amid a proud ancient culture.

Read more: Haneda International Airport: International travel to (and from) Tokyo just got quicker and funkier | CNNGo.com http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/visit/haneda-international-airport-makes-tokyo-travel-quicker-funkier-685828#ixzz14Eau1LWg

Edited by Naim

Narita is a bit of a pain. It takes 1.5 hours to get to Tokyo/ Shinjuku. I was on the Narita Express train on Monday and it took 2.5 hours to arrive, which is very un-Japanese. There is probably a suicide by jumping to the rail track which caused the delay.

Related development.

By Agence France-Presse, Updated: 2/25/2011

Japan, Malaysia agree open skies pact

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4669072

Japan and Malaysia have agreed on an "open skies" pact liberalising flight services between Tokyo's Narita airport and the Southeast Asian country, the Japanese government said Friday.

Under the accord, the two states will allow airlines to freely negotiate the number of flights and routes for services between Narita and Malaysian cities starting in summer 2013, the transport ministry said.

The two countries had already liberalized travel between Malaysia and Japanese airports other than the two Tokyo hubs of Narita and Haneda.

Before 2013, when the maximum quota of landings and take-offs at Narita will be increased to 270,000 per year, Malaysian carriers will be allowed to increase flights to Narita in line with a gradual expansion of slots.

The visa waive thingy is actually depending on the diplomatic relationships between the nations. Malaysia is ranked 13th in the world if I were not mistaken, still ahead of Hong Kong and Australia.

Ahead of Australia and Hong Kong in terms of what? Both HK and Australian passport holders can enter Japan without a visa. Australia passport qualifies for the US Visa Waiver program. HK and Australian passport holders have far more easy access to Europe and Canada. Malaysian passport holders are required to apply for visa to enter Canada.

The way I see it is that Malaysia passport holders have easier access to ASEAN nation, where visa is not required to enter Vietnam and Myanmar. North Korea too tends to be easier with Malaysian passport. As far as Malaysian's travelling tastes and preferred destination is concerned, I don't think travelling to Vietnam, Myanmar and North Korea are on the top of our list.

By the way, the HK Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport is far better than the outgoing British National (Overseas) passport which HK residents used to hold. One might argue that it is all to do with diplomatic ties between the governments. I remembered correctly that Malaysian did not have to apply for visa to enter Japan during the 80s and prior. It was due a large wave of the overstaying Malaysian in the past which forced the Japanese government to tighten the grip. There is an economy side of things than just purely diplomatic.

In terms of average GDP and disposable income level, Malaysian scored way below Singaporean and Brunei citizens, which means travelling to these developed countries are less affordable by Malaysian compared to Singaporean and Brunei citizens...(and potentially it might attract more overstayer to take advantage of the visa free arrangement). Hong Kongers and Australians on the other hand have much higher GDP and disposable income than average Malaysians - and as a result they are more welcomed by developed countries as far as tourism is concerned.

Check out the Henley International Visa restriction index (2010):

http://www.henleyglobal.com/citizenship/visa-restrictions/

Compare these charts to see the visa free arrangments and you will notice HK and Australia has far better access than Malaysian to the countries deemed "important":

Malaysia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Malaysian_citizens

Hong Kong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Chinese_citizens_of_Hong_Kong

Australia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Australian_citizens

Edited by S V Choong

Does anyone know why there is no D7 flight to HND after 30 October 2011? Does HND following AUH, or this is just a mere late case of loading the seats into the booking system? Last available flight is on 30 October 2011.

D7 is awaiting Japanese govt. approval for its fares. Apparently, ALL FARES have to be approved by the govt. So they can't sell tickets until the fares are approved.

Edited by flee

From AirAsia Facebook Page:

Have you visited the frenzied Tsukiji Fish Market , see a Shinto wedding , feel the sakura petals floating in Showa Kinen Koen or sing your hearts out at the land of Karaoke?

Haven’t done any of that?

Now you have the perfect reason to do so because AirAsia X now flies to Tokyo 7 TIMES* weekly! Yes, you didn’t read it wrong, it’s 7 TIMES weekly and to celebrate this X-citing news, grab our promo all-in-fares from as low as RM199 (Economy) and RM999 (Premium) at http://bit.ly/w0VlN5 NOW!

Also we are offering Fly-Thru flights to Tokyo with promotional fares from as low as THB4490 all-in, one way from Thailand, IDR969,000 all-in, one way from Indonesia and SGD139 all-in, one way from Singapore!

Booking Period: Now till 13 February 2012

Travel Period: 23 March 2012 to 27 October 2012

Share the AWESOME news with your friends and family now!

* Promotional Fares are only applicable to additional flight frequencies.

* 6 times a week effective 7 April 2012.

* 7 times a week effective 22 Jun 2012.

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 30 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X will increase its flight frequency to Tokyo (Haneda), Japan, from its current three flights weekly to six effective March 23.

AirAsia X in a statement here also said from June 22, it will operate daily flights from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal in Kuala Lumpur to the Japanese capital.

The airline in addition, currently flies, four times weekly to Osaka.

"The increase in flights to and from Tokyo is in response to the growing demand for the sector, which continues to see a steady increase in passenger traffic, and yields, from the time AirAsia X first began flying into the Japanese city on Dec 9, 2010.

"With our wide network and strong brand affinity in Japan, we remain focused on growing our existing core markets. We are geared up to capitalise on the continuous increase in demand for air travel to and from Japan," said its chief executive officer, Azran Osman-Rani.

To commemorate the additional flight frequencies to Japan, AirAsia X is offering guests a promotional all in fare from as low as RM199 one way on economy to Tokyo from Kuala Lumpur.