MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

My airline & logo so I can use all photos appear in WWW ?

While local spotters were busy chasing the latest logo jet Alpha Foxtrot Bravo, the new website appeared on the plane is also up.

As pointed by a spotter, 2 photos appeared in Anet were "featured" in the said website.

Since the new website T&C doesn't allow any linking or screen shots, you have to navigate to see it.

www.juniorjetclub.airasia.com --> Click Fun Facts tab on top

At the bottom of the page, there's a A320 in flying position plus a cabin shot.

A little search in Anet will bring up the Anet 1589790 by a Chiangmai spotter.

As for the cabin shot, it was from our friend --> Raymond Ngu

The Chiangmai spotter had indicated to me no prior permission was sought to use his photo.

Raymond Ngu must be real busy as I didn't get his reply or see him online in this forum.

This is not the first time for this airline to do such thing.

I guess the word professional doesn't appear in this case. =@

I wonder how they would react if someone throw this at them on facebook?

Well, respective owners of the photos should write up to them demanding explanation + compensation!!

I wonder how they would react if someone throw this at them on facebook?

I would say this is a good avenue since it is public.

From there, we see if they will sweep it under the carpet or owe up to it. :nea:

Well, respective owners of the photos should write up to them demanding explanation + compensation!!

As for this approach, still possible but it is private and not under public eyes.

Most likely they will try to "silence" you via their Legal Dept. :finger:

Again if you look thru their website, you could only find the contact for their Investor relations. <_>

Nowadays, at least they dare to add the contact to their Communication Department.

Edited by Chaity

Affiliated but totally professional. :)

CAE Global recently contacted me for a photo of AK newest jet 9M-AHW to be used for their internal content development for AK MPL program. The thing here is ... they could have steal it and I wouldn't know OR ask from someone else and get it for free.

At last, I got a CAE lanyard, a CAE pin, and a few CAE postcards arrived 3 days later all the way from Canada in first class mail! IMO, it's not the value of the things that count but the sincerity to actually send these stuff half way accross the globe. That's how a professional deals with other. Unlike AK, shame on you AirAsia ... :finger:

If you guys have been to the AirAsia academy , every class has a photo ' stolen ' from a.net

You'd all be fuming ... I see some of TK , somehow a good amount of ChaiTY

If you guys have been to the AirAsia academy , every class has a photo ' stolen ' from a.net

Hahaha! Gavin, I guess you are not pulling my legs. :lol:

I had pulled all my AK photos and stopped uploading them in Anet for years. =@

Unless they "borrowed" some of my D7 with strong Anet watermark or other shots. :nea:

Anyway, I did give permission to some training centres either local or overseas for teaching/identification purposes for free. All they need to do is state their purpose truthfully.

As expected, zero request from AirAsia Academy. <_>

I do agree with Kianhong, it is not the value I am after but how sincere and professional the establishment.

Edited by Chaity

Hahaha! Gavin, I guess you are not pulling my legs. :lol:

I had pulled all my AK photos and stopped uploading them in Anet for years. =@

Unless they "borrowed" some of my D7 with strong Anet watermark or other shots. :nea:

Anyway, I did give permission to some training centres either local or overseas for teaching/identification purposes for free. All they need to do is state their purpose truthfully.

As expected, zero request from AirAsia Academy. <_>

I do agree with Kianhong, it is not the value I am after but how sincere and professional the establishment.

Chaity,

Now you know why I asked you about the watermark thingy last time. :p Nowadays I upload my photos with the watermark on.

Edited by Waiping

seen it so many times and i can definitely vouch for it! :good:

I would be happy if they use any plane pictures taken by me at their website, newspaper or what so ever... I wouldn't mind at all.... that just me. It' s not like a picture of a rare item etc.

Thanks Kian Hong for informing me about this...

It's ok to use our pictures for FREE...but please do it in a professional way, at least ask 1st.

Well, i guess people in "certain airline" are just uneducated about copyright. No need to waste time on such unprofessional person. They will only realise once they have things stolen by other people.

Sign in to follow this