MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Fahiruz

FedEx Guangzhou Hub

Just would like to share pics from our APAC Hub in Guangzhou Baiyun (CAN), the largest hub outside US (2nd largest after Memphis)

The hub was just 1 year old since it first commence ops on Feb 6, 2009..

(pics from our internal circulation, not by me :D )

bg_light1.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic20.jpg

pic21.jpg

pic25.jpg

pic28.jpg

pic30.jpg

pic31.jpg

pic42.jpg

pic48.jpg

pic51.jpg

Thanks Fahiruz for sharing those pictures...

Like the night shot from the tower...

Wonder it be so huge warehouse and cargo complex till it has own ATC??

Enjoy to watch the cargo process and handling at the complex as shown in Discovery Channel program "How Do They Do It"...

sure.bt that not atc..just ground control tower..traffic stil handled by china authority which sometimes can be strict when it comes to unsked flights i.e backup flights to cover ac having mech probs

the hub will be active mostly aftr midnight when all ac will start coming in from gateways such as icn, sin, bkk,kul,pen,pvg,crk,mnl,etc..

can-hub is linked to our regional hubs such as anc for america n cdg for europe..

even though fx has the largest cargo fleet we still use comm flights to syd via sin..so u wont see our md11 workhorse in au or nz..

Greeting from World's Third Largest DHL EXPRESS to FedEX - World's Second Largest after UPS...huhu...

Nice photos bro, i heard they are handling average 200,000 shipments per day, good job!

thanks aaron & cornellis..

maybe a bit o/t, here's some pics from my friend..maybe someone could guess where these photos were taken?

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

md-11 belly

w3.jpg

competitor alert

w4.jpg

loading in progress

Edited by Fahiruz

Looking at the tower and the apartment buildings/mountains in the back: definitely PEN...

Fahiruz,

Thanks for sharing the photo! Now that's what i call a mega cargo hub!

Maybe you guys read about this already..but here's again.. :)

FedEx Panda Express

FedEx has a long history of transporting rare and delicate shipments. Today, we made a very special delivery of two giant pandas from Washington D.C., U.S. to Chengdu, mainland China.

The two giant pandas - Tai Shan, a four-and-a-half-year-old male panda born at the National Zoo, Washington, D.C. and Mei Lan, a three-year-old female panda born at Zoo Atlanta – will arrive at the Chengdu Shuangliu Airport later this afternoon on the FedEx Panda Express, a specially-branded FedEx 777F aircraft.

Upon arrival, the pandas will be transported to their new homes in Chengdu – Tai Shan to the China Conservation and Research Center’s Wolong Nature Reserve and Mei Lan to the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding.

I am delighted that FedEx is able to support this meaningful global conservation program for these endangered animals. Our support of special deliveries such as the giant pandas highlights our commitment to the communities where we do business, as well as our support for animal conservation and educational initiatives.

For more details on the giant pandas’ journey, please visit http://news.van.fedex.com/pandas

Panda_1.jpg

Panda_6.jpg

Panda_9.jpg

Panda_10.jpg

Panda_12.jpg

Panda_13.jpg

Panda_14.jpg

Panda_16.jpg

Panda_17.jpg

Panda_18.jpg

Edited by Fahiruz

Wow, the whole plane for the Panda? Even Sultan of Brunei doesn't travel that way.

Yeah, understand Sir Sultan even has to fly the plane himself sometimes

And what does panda do but prance around and eat and sleep ?! :p

WOW>>> I remember I order a car spoiler from US- Takes 5 days!!That was pretty fast.

std transit time is within 3 business days if no clearance delays

Yeah, understand Sir Sultan even has to fly the plane himself sometimes

And what does panda do but prance around and eat and sleep ?! :p

At FedEx, we have been honored to play a role in the preservation of the giant panda. Most recently, we delivered two giant pandas from the United States to Chengdu. These two pandas, Tai Shan and Mei Lan, have now joined the panda breeding program and will play a part in increasing the giant panda population, which is now at fewer than 1,600 in the wild.

Check out our Multimedia Center clip

http://mediacenter.fedex.designcdt.com/node/359

Edited by Fahiruz

There is a tiny Fedex Building here in Moncton, the FEDEX 727 comes like a few times a day :D

Thanks for sharing Walter!

Good stuff Fahiruz! Thanks for sharing those amazing pics. Looking much more impressive than DHL Express' SIN HUB. Then again SINHUB is only a small facility compared to this FedEx hub in CAN. That autoscanner (last pic), is that part of the autosort system as well?

Good stuff Fahiruz! Thanks for sharing those amazing pics. Looking much more impressive than DHL Express' SIN HUB. Then again SINHUB is only a small facility compared to this FedEx hub in CAN. That autoscanner (last pic), is that part of the autosort system as well?

Yeah..the scanner will scan packages based on the routing codes & also measure the package dimension..

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

I don't understand. If it's a pantry, why rows of Panasonic microwave ovens?