MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

Transit @ SIN

Hi guys,

Need some advice on transit in SIN. My wife and I will be in SIN from BKI and I have around 12 hours transit time before flying to HKG the next morning on SQ. Off my head I can think of 3 options :-

1) Check-in immediately for my flight but not sure if SQ would accept it. We arrive around 8.30pm and our SQ flight is 9.45am the next day.

2) Rest at Transit Hotel. Take 6 hours of our waiting time then check-in. This should be ok.

3) Take the MRT to the city and stay for the night. Then next day travel back to airport with MRT around 6am.

Thanks.

Which airline you are flying with on BKI - SIN?

AK.

AK.

You won't be able to check through your luggage from BKI to HKG. :(

Since you are flying SQ on SIN - HKG, you should be able to check in your luggage in SIN up to 48hrs before flight departure. You can either get a hotel room in the city or proceed to the immigration if you wish to stay at the transit hotel (the transit hotel is located at the airside). Suggest taking the transit hotel located at Terminal 3, as this is where the HKG flights are departing from. Also both Terminals 1 & 2 always have ongoing renovation works - the noises from these works can be very unpleasant.

Btw, AK flight from BKI arrive in SIN at 8.30pm?! :o

You won't be able to check through your luggage from BKI to HKG. :(

Since you are flying SQ on SIN - HKG, you should be able to check in your luggage in SIN up to 48hrs before flight departure. You can either get a hotel room in the city or proceed to the immigration if you wish to stay at the transit hotel (the transit hotel is located at the airside). Suggest taking the transit hotel located at Terminal 3, as this is where the HKG flights are departing from. Also both Terminals 1 & 2 always have ongoing renovation works - the noises from these works can be very unpleasant.

Btw, AK flight from BKI arrive in SIN at 8.30pm?! :o

Hi,

So means that we can grab our stuff and check in for the SQ flight? AK flight arrives T1 so we have to clear immigration and then proceed to T3?

From my booking the AK flight arrives SIN 8.20pm. Back in Feb the flight arrives around 5pm.

Hi,

So means that we can grab our stuff and check in for the SQ flight? AK flight arrives T1 so we have to clear immigration and then proceed to T3?

From my booking the AK flight arrives SIN 8.20pm. Back in Feb the flight arrives around 5pm.

Yeah, when you arrive from KK, clear the immigration, grab your stuff at baggage reclaim and take the Skytrain to Terminal 3 if you want to check in early.

I don't know which date you are travelling, are you sure your flight is still scheduled to arrive SIN at 8.20pm?

Waiping, if you are travelling on AK, do check your itinerary especially around 1 week to 10 days before departure date. I am off the MFM on Tuesday and my flight was cancelled. My replacement flight was then re-timed and I am scheduled to arrive some 7 hours later. AK has been re-optimising their flights a lot these past few months. So a lot of flights have been cancelled and retimed.

Wah! I am assuming Waiping is going to fly the A380! :clapping:

Curious though, why didn't you purchase a BKI-SIN-HKG-SIN-BKI in one ticket/pnr on MI/SQ?

Why the hassle buying separate AK tickets & SQ tickets?

My understanding is ex-BKI MI/SQ ticket to HKG cost MYR1700(all-in) average while ex-SIN to HKG cost SGD700(all-in) average.

Anyway, back to the topic. My advice are:

1. Book 1 nite @ Crown Plaza Changi (I've seen lowest rates from SGD140)

2. Upon arrival clear immigration.

3. Head to T3 to get your boarding pass & grab upperdeck seats (assuming you're flying the A380) (or you can do OLCI) You can drop your bags later the next day.

4. Check in your hotel & do spotting from the room with your wife.

I think AK rescheduled & arrives in SIN much earlier like 1700. If so, you may also:

6. Take the free shuttle from airport to Resorts World Sentosa

or

7.Take MRT to City or Bus #36 (travels via suntec, raffles city & orchard)

Hope that helps :drinks:

Waiping, if you are travelling on AK, do check your itinerary especially around 1 week to 10 days before departure date. I am off the MFM on Tuesday and my flight was cancelled. My replacement flight was then re-timed and I am scheduled to arrive some 7 hours later. AK has been re-optimising their flights a lot these past few months. So a lot of flights have been cancelled and retimed.

Ya bro, will definitely do that since almost missed my flight last week from KCH. Flight rescheduled from 2.30pm to 12.30pm. They sent me a sms around 12am!

Wah! I am assuming Waiping is going to fly the A380! :clapping:

Curious though, why didn't you purchase a BKI-SIN-HKG-SIN-BKI in one ticket/pnr on MI/SQ?

Why the hassle buying separate AK tickets & SQ tickets?

My understanding is ex-BKI MI/SQ ticket to HKG cost MYR1700(all-in) average while ex-SIN to HKG cost SGD700(all-in) average.

Anyway, back to the topic. My advice are:

1. Book 1 nite @ Crown Plaza Changi (I've seen lowest rates from SGD140)

2. Upon arrival clear immigration.

3. Head to T3 to get your boarding pass & grab upperdeck seats (assuming you're flying the A380) (or you can do OLCI) You can drop your bags later the next day.

4. Check in your hotel & do spotting from the room with your wife.

I think AK rescheduled & arrives in SIN much earlier like 1700. If so, you may also:

6. Take the free shuttle from airport to Resorts World Sentosa

or

7.Take MRT to City or Bus #36 (travels via suntec, raffles city & orchard)

Hope that helps :drinks:

Hi Andi,

Ya, we will be traveling on the A380. I'd checked the MI schedule and they didn't offer connecting flight on the A380. SQ have around 4 flights everyday to HKG but only 1 of them on the A380.

I believe that you've to clear Singapore immigration if you want to stay at the Crowne Plaza at T3.

However, the Changi airport website states that there is a transit hotel.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/transit/transit_hotel.html?__locale=en#

I would suggest that you approach the information counter staff at Changi Airport for more information when you've arrived here.

HTH.

Sign in to follow this