MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan F.

KL Virtual Radar

Works for me now... awesome graphics and infos (the aircraft, the flight, the company, origin and destinations)

wow....

...and .. you can replay previous days records.... awesome!!!

Great. I can sit and watch it for hours!

I got it from my Youtube friend.

hi guys,

pardon me for my ignorance...but how come after panning to malaysia from europe the data doesn't popup?? :help:

System looks like its been done for a while today....but now its back up running again (9.30pm).

Another site now showing KL virtual radar data is flightradar24.com. Seems to have less delay than RadarVirtuel and only a few seconds behind realtime. The interface also has a few differences which I think are better. There's also some Aussie tracks visible.

Another site now showing KL virtual radar data is flightradar24.com. Seems to have less delay than RadarVirtuel and only a few seconds behind realtime. The interface also has a few differences which I think are better. There's also some Aussie tracks visible.

The delay is far much lesser than RadarVirtuel but the aircraft detected is slightly lesser around WMKK airspace. Eg. RV has Airasia aircraft while Flighttrader doesnt.

http://www.radarvirtuel.com.

Tried first time yesterday. Marvelous. Unfortunately for today, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Don't know what is happening.

I believe it's just that the web-site has been overloaded (82,000 visits the other day) due to the volcanic ash situation and the increased exposure that the site has had (I got the same IE response also). Unfortunately it impacts the ability to see Malaysian aircraft. Try it when most of Europe's asleep and it works! I suspect it will be back to normal once the air traffic gets going again - whenever that might be.

Also give flightradar24.com a try as they have re-hosted to improve speed (due to increased demand) and added a volcanic ash overlay. The Malaysian aircraft feeds are certainly going out to both web-sites....!!!

Edited by Alan F.

Correction to above....its RadarVirtuel that has re-hosted to improve speed and added a volcanic ash overlay.

Edited by Alan F.

I believe it's just that the web-site has been overloaded (82,000 visits the other day) due to the volcanic ash situation and the increased exposure that the site has had (I got the same IE response also). Unfortunately it impacts the ability to see Malaysian aircraft. Try it when most of Europe's asleep and it works! I suspect it will be back to normal once the air traffic gets going again - whenever that might be.

Also give flightradar24.com a try as they have re-hosted to improve speed (due to increased demand) and added a volcanic ash overlay. The Malaysian aircraft feeds are certainly going out to both web-sites....!!!

Personally, i prefer http://www.radarvirtuel.com than flightradar24.com. It is more informative. All the information such as registration number, speed etc are displayed.

By the way, any different if we use firefox compare with Internet explorer to access radarvirtuel?

Edited by Kenneth Chong

The coverage over KUL hasnt been working for the past week and half. Any idea what happen to it?

The guy doing the Malaysian feeds to the virtual radar sites is on holiday!! KL will be back up on 16th June.

A 'new' KL virtual radar site is up and running at KL Virtual Radar. Its still in development and there's some issues with the silhouettes, operator flag and a/c registration that seems to affect 'Asian' aircraft (lack of database information).

The other Radar Virtuelsite still displays aircraft details when you click on the aircraft icon.

Edited by Alan F.

From what i've checked; MH129 (KUL-SYD) is expected to arrive at SYD soon.Aircraft was 9M-MRC.And also 9M-FFA (but it was mentioned as 9M-MLA),operating as FY552 to BKI.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

MH129 (KUL - MEL) on radar YKTN decend into Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.

Edited by Sulhan .

Right now on the radar24.com are : MH141 (KUL-SYD),MH338 (KUL-PVG)-both B772ER,MH750 (KUL-SGN)-B738,9M-MLF,MH715 (KUL-DPS)-A333,9M-MKF, and MH784 (KUL-BKK)-B738,9M-MLJ. GF280 (BAH-KUL)-A332,A9C-KI will about to land at KUL soon.MH711 (B738,9M-MLH) just departed KUL,heading for CGK.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I spotted a couple of flights over Penang just now on flightradar24.com.

Perhaps we have another radar online?

6132990413_220fc17442.jpg

Edited by Robert