MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan F.

KL Virtual Radar

If got budget, go for SBS-3

Looks good. It lists the frequency range but I'm not sure who else will be on there. Able to pick up Police/Bomba ? :ninja:

I don't suppose these stuff can be readily picked up from electronic shops ?

Even in UK, elsewhere ?

Understand the usb dongle version now has a long waiting list ?

the SBS 3 pointed out by Gavin lists Maplin as a distributor. Will give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can have it sent to store :)

New powerful v-radar now -- WSSS4.

Missing for quite some time already -- WMKN.

Past few days all the KL radars down? Also, noticed MH2637 this morning is opb 9M-MLQ (BKI-KUL) was tracked overflying KL at FL340 and continued over the Straits to Sumatra... it continued until it disappeared off the screen - still at FL340.. Any anomalies with this flight tracking software??

Sorry guys, off topic for a while, since i don't think I need to open up a new topic regarding this issue...

I just noticed that MH173 from Delhi to KUL yesterday was cancelled, which means after 9M-MXB went to DEL as MH172, 'he' still haven't come back to KUL until today. Meanwhile 9M-MXK was the one who operated today's MH172/173....so...any idea how can 9M-MXB come back Kuala Lumpur? cancel the outbound flight? :pardon:

Hi guys, I noticed that BI flights departing to/from BKI doesn't always show up on FR24. A few weeks back I was trying to catch the BI 777 (which was unfortunately downgraded to A319) and the plane departed in front of a MH. The MH plane was detected on FR24 but not the BI in front.

Hi, has the SBS3 arrived? how's the performance?

hmmm .. someone who registered just to ask this question (and no other posts)

:ninja:

Hi guys, I noticed that BI flights departing to/from BKI doesn't always show up on FR24. A few weeks back I was trying to catch the BI 777 (which was unfortunately downgraded to A319) and the plane departed in front of a MH. The MH plane was detected on FR24 but not the BI in front.

th_RBA829BWN-BKI_zps2c82813e.jpg

I managed to catch it on FR24. The cruising altitude was amazing low, lower than Mt Kinabalu.

Low Cost ADS-B Receiver

Very low cost USB DVB-T dongles meant for receiving digital TV have new-found popularity since it was discovered they can be used as very inexpensive software defined radios. With the right software it can decode ATC, ADS-B transponder and other signals. You can pick them up at eBay around MYR35~50. Supposedly the best ones are based on RTL2832U+R820T chipset, more sensitive for receiving the ADS-B signal. Two or more dongles can be work simultaneously, one for listening to the ATC conversations and the other for decoding ADS-B. There are tons of information are available online.

Basically, you need to install the Software Define Radio software, SDR#, then replaced the Windows default DVB-T driver with the RTL driver with zadig program. Download either ADSB# (perform better) or RTL1090 and extract the file into the SDR# directory. Use either adsbscope, planeplotter, virtual radar server or other software to display. All these software can set to feed data to the FR24.

Software download/instructions links:

SDR# http://rtlsdr.org/softwarewindows

SDR# auto installer http://sdrsharp.com/downloads/sdr-install.zip

ADSB# http://sdrsharp.com/index.php/a-simple-and-cheap-ads-b-receiver-using-rtl-sdr

RTL1090 http://www.jetvision.de/download/rtl1090-latest-build.zip

Performance wise, it is almost as good as the Microadsb (6x more expensive) in term of sensitivity and it don’t seem to suffer from the so called doughnut effect. ATC listening is like a cheap scanner. The stock antenna is worthless, definitely need a better antenna. Again look out for it online.

Since most of the job is done by software, multi-core processor PC work best.

Have fun! :)

8483915139_b0e0d4a2a6_b.jpg

i think WBGG is now active :clapping:

May I know who is F-WBGG1 or T-WBKK4 please?

Please PM me :)

Edited by LeeTZ

9M-MTJ operating MH125 made an air turn-back this morning. Looks like rapid loss of altitude from around 30,000ft to 10,300ft over Singkep Barat, Indonesia.

9mmtj_2403_zpsd591e149.jpg

9M-MTJ operating MH125 made an air turn-back this morning. Looks like rapid loss of altitude from around 30,000ft to 10,300ft over Singkep Barat, Indonesia.

Cabin pressure problem?