MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan F.

KL Virtual Radar

I'm all in for this, especially since I'm looking to return to S'wak after my graduation next month. Any higher range antenna though ? Willing to put in ~RM1k

:clapping: good to hear that my home town will be covered soon

'Flight plan tells otherwise'

But Nazri's claim that the trip ended in Washington has been disputed by Teresa , who cited "aeronautical evidence" obtained from a flight plans website, which shows that his plane had travelled from Washington to Milan, Italy, on May 20, a day after arriving in Washington.

"The entourage remained in Milan for four days. The flight plan also shows the plane had stopped over in Dubai and then returned to Kuala Lumpur," said Teresa. (A simulation of the plane's journey has been recorded by the air traffic website Flight Radar 24).

Quoted from here: http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17787&st=20

I do hope some joker doesn't take it as necessary to block FR24 here :)

But if there is anyone with marbles, they will work out for themselves that there are receivers locally providing feed to the site - you guys need to take care ?

The device is not legal I think, but the information about the whereabouts of the aircraft can be accessible one way or another. Supposedly someone spotted her in Milan and posted on A.net. Then they will block A.net as well?

Ask MIR about NR1 in PER a day after Raya last year.

Yes, any radio receiver requires some sort of licensing, but hey, I never owned or used this ADS-B thingy. Only saw it at a friend's and on the website. :)

Guess what I saw at the Operation Center today.

FR24ODC.jpg

Apparently the FR24 has been set up only recently. The weather display has been there for quite a while.

Apparently the FR24 has been set up only recently. The weather display has been there for quite a while.

I think FR24 data is almost real-time, no noticeable delay at all.

Sunday. 17 June 2012. 1930 LT / 1130 GMT.

Only WMKP radar is available for the whole of the region. Where is WMKK, WMSA and WSSS? What is going on?

Sunday. 17 June 2012. 1930 LT / 1130 GMT.

Only WMKP radar is available for the whole of the region. Where is WMKK, WMSA and WSSS? What is going on?

My friend told me, WMSA went to Mindanao, should be back in KL tomorrow pm. I dunno.

My friend told me, WMSA went to Mindanao, should be back in KL tomorrow pm. I dunno.

Oh, I thought it was WMSA2 that went to Mindanao. WMSA was available yesterday.

anyway....the FO on MH2621 did a hard-landing today.

:pardon:

Only a bit firm, not hard, and not too bad considering the shortened runway (only 2800 m out of 4000 m available), the 10 kt tailwind and maybe some wake turbulence from the EK A380 that just landed ahead.

But you should've seen the fabulous landing the captain made in BKI the previous sector.... :air_kiss:

Only a bit firm, not hard, and not too bad considering the shortened runway (only 2800 m out of 4000 m available), the 10 kt tailwind and maybe some wake turbulence from the EK A380 that just landed ahead.

But you should've seen the fabulous landing the captain made in BKI the previous sector.... :air_kiss:

Too bad I missed that fabulous landing. Hope to have the chance to experience it in future :drinks:

I think the delay is there. I downloaded both KLIA and Changi Flight Information board. On the two observation I made (yes, only two and my conclusion based on these), I see the planes still flying while the board shown Landed in the status. I expect the delay from FR24 :-)

WMKK feeder is certainly down and it has been for about 2 weeks. Reception on WMKK's SBS1 is not as good as some of the newer feeders, but seems to provide better coverage to the South West around Melaka when it is working.

The owner of WMKK is overseas and the home computer with an SBS1 on it has gone off-line/crashed. From experience there's virtually no delay between whats seen on the PC and what's seen on FR24 - no more than 10 seconds. The feeder software only tranmsits packets of data to FR24's servers every 10 seconds anyway (with the version of software that currently in use and that was provided by FR24).

From experience there's virtually no delay between whats seen on the PC and what's seen on FR24 - no more than 10 seconds. The feeder software only tranmsits packets of data to FR24's servers every 10 seconds anyway (with the version of software that currently in use and that was provided by FR24).

I agree ... when the (new) FR24 feeder software (set to 10s refresh) is switched on, one can almost immediately see the v-radar in action on the FR24 website.

Am told WMSA2 down today -- friend says he's rigging a new high-gain antenna + reviving old laptop as server. :D

Edited by Naim

Dunno what happened to WSSS - offline for some days already... So now we only have WMKP and WMKK.

Dunno what happened to WSSS - offline for some days already... So now we only have WMKP and WMKK.

Leaving device/PC on 24/7 is not really sustainable, esp. when nobody's home. Fire danger, not to mention power bill.

WMKK3 is a new one ... if only we have one in Trengganu/Kelantan to complete the coverage. :)

Am told WMSA2 down today -- friend says he's rigging a new high-gain antenna + reviving old laptop as server. :D

where is your friend get the high-gain antenna? What is the model number? from the spec of micro, it is using a coaxial cable, can the mico be connected to the tv antenna on the roof to get better coverage?

where is your friend get the high-gain antenna? What is the model number? from the spec of micro, it is using a coaxial cable, can the mico be connected to the tv antenna on the roof to get better coverage?

Cannot use TV antenna -- it must be 'tuned' to the frequencies it wants to receive/transmit at. Coax cable is used to connect antenna and receiver. As an example, this is one high-performance antenna (can cost RM300): http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/acc-t/item/rh999/

where is your friend get the high-gain antenna?

Jalan Pasar perhaps?

Edited by Radzi