MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Alan F.

KL Virtual Radar

If someone can add new radar online in Kota Kinabalu and Kuching and it feel more interesting.

I wonder if you would get caught and penalized.

sometimes there could be a few problems with the box if I'm not mistaken

Just need to get the person to reboot the box or the USB connection

It will come back , don't worry !

Yep, strange how all of malaysia has dropped off the map

sometimes there could be a few problems with the box if I'm not mistaken

Just need to get the person to reboot the box or the USB connection

It will come back , don't worry !

It's working again...!!

It's working again...!!

Thanks - do you know anything about the additional coverage that seems to have appeared?

WSSS will be more ideal location! :D

Yep

Just had it loaded for the past 30 mins whilst doing some things

Seems a bit odd becuase a few flights from around Penand get picked up but not many. For some in this area if you click on the flight you see an extended flightpath even though it wasnt displayed before. Not sure why/why this happens.

Update - now I can it showing MI 758 as its flying near Bukit Fraser which must be well out of the way of the KL radar.

Alan do you know if a 100m booster ariel has been installed hehe?

Edited by Robert

Yep

Just had it loaded for the past 30 mins whilst doing some things

Seems a bit odd becuase a few flights from around Penand get picked up but not many. For some in this area if you click on the flight you see an extended flightpath even though it wasnt displayed before. Not sure why/why this happens.

Update - now I can it showing MI 758 as its flying near Bukit Fraser which must be well out of the way of the KL radar.

Alan do you know if a 100m booster ariel has been installed hehe?

Looks like another FR24 feeder has set-up in Penang area. The reason for the intermittent feeds could be a technical issue from the feeder's PC (if its an SBS1, it could be either a USB or network version). Our KL feeder had many problems with poor quality USB leads causing similar 'dropouts' from time to time. No booster is installed at the KL feed!!

Thanks Alan, I did wonder about the booster because ive seen some flights apppearing over Malacca. Still curious about the one over frasers hill becuase its a long way from Penang and KL.

Just saw XAX2703D from OOL have to go up all the way to PEN before turning back to KUL?

WSSS will be more ideal location! :D

If a device is placed somewhere near JHB would it be sufficient?

The radar listed an WMKK4 is picking up planes from Muar to mid Pahang to almost Penang to Indonesia. This but must have a big antenna on his roof hehe

6171515415_6f8af06dc2.jpg

Was having a look on FR24 last Saturday and it picked up M53-01 operating as P01 (Perdana 01 I assume). Was just wondering if picking up of military planes on FR24 or KLVR is something normal as this is my first time seeing it.

photo01102011183731.png

Was having a look on FR24 last Saturday and it picked up M53-01 operating as P01 (Perdana 01 I assume). Was just wondering if picking up of military planes on FR24 or KLVR is something normal as this is my first time seeing it.

I've seen Perdana a few times on FR24. Last time I did, it was 9M-NAA on approach into WMKK, the morning after the 15th Annual Malaysia-Brunei Consultation. As it was coming in from the east, I'd presumed it was ferrying PM back.

I've also seen the Sultan of Brunei's coming into WMKK once.

Guys, can we switched ON our ATC scanners inside flight? does the device interrupt aircraft avionics like our handphone?

Just curious, long time never fly...

Guys, can we switched ON our ATC scanners inside flight? does the device interrupt aircraft avionics like our handphone?

I tried it once when flying between KCH and SIN on AK. Didn't seem to face any problem.

The scanners can only recieved; it cannot transmit.

such being the case can someone with technical knowledge in such matters give their input

Interesting Question. Needs more professional opinion. Hopes to hear from Captain Radzi, TK and LeeCH also. Being an aviation enthusiast, we do care the safety of others...........

I tried it once when flying between KCH and SIN on AK. Didn't seem to face any problem.

ooh wow. as far as i know, even walkie-talkie also is a control item to bring in to Singapore. For a scanner, it can be treated as terrorism just like the case in India few years back in which aviation enthusiasts was caught having scanner and small portable radar in the hotel near the airport..........

any way, your scanner is not short wave enabled when enroute from KCH to SIN above South China Sea isn't it?

actually, there is no reliable evidence or proof about electronic devices affected on Aircraft systems. According by reports by crew, navigation systems malfuction or doesn't work properly during flight and when found and shutdown cell phone, all systems remains normally in a few events.Besides, there is a possibility if some conditions becomes together. As you know the most antennas below of along cabin section and near to floor of cabin layer with devices and cables. Scanner is collecting radio waves and even it is "scanner", antenna has capability of minor broadcast.It has much more possibility than digital camera and MP3 player ofcourse!

and you maybe recognise suspicious person by other passangers,they maybe bothering about your looks like radio.

additional, do you have any plan to through Xrays without problem?