MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
dennis yip

Plane crashes into sea off Langkawi

Some quote from 1 of the HMA student..

"My life is at stake juz because HMA is cutting down costs n sacked many of them in Engineering Dept...BLOODY HELL! Due to diz, 9M-HMV ditched in d sea..tp org engineering pn bengong gak..dh suruh repair HMV jumaat aritu xnk repair..bodo btl!"

So.. all of this because of budget? Less man power in engineering .... and human failure...

do not speculate. it isnt right for someone to say something like that until the findings are out. Professionalism is a must in handling such issues as speculation would only fan unnecessary fire.

do not speculate. it isnt right for someone to say something like that until the findings are out. Professionalism is a must in handling such issues as speculation would only fan unnecessary fire.

Very true Sanjay. Well put.

But; HM Aerospace seems to have more than a few incidents since they were formed. Whatever the reasons, mechanical or otherwise, there will be a certain element of Hufac involved....

I was in a flying school in the Philippines 30 years ago, and we had 15 C152, 15 Tomahawk, 4 Senecas, one Baron and a King Air 90. There were two crashes, one due to an exuberant cadet who went wheelwashing and accidently landed in the water, rescued unhurt by a fisherman. Another was due to wake turbulance from an F14 which caused structural failure, killing the instructor and the cadet.

Airplanes were flying plenty of hours daily.

Statistically speaking, whatever reasons notwithstanding, HM Aerospace safety record seems to be less than desirable.

agreed! but where is the professionalism amongst the cadets then? :pardon:

Very true Sanjay. Well put.

But; HM Aerospace seems to have more than a few incidents since they were formed. Whatever the reasons, mechanical or otherwise, there will be a certain element of Hufac involved....

I was in a flying school in the Philippines 30 years ago, and we had 15 C152, 15 Tomahawk, 4 Senecas, one Baron and a King Air 90. There were two crashes, one due to an exuberant cadet who went wheelwashing and accidently landed in the water, rescued unhurt by a fisherman. Another was due to wake turbulance from an F14 which caused structural failure, killing the instructor and the cadet.

Airplanes were flying plenty of hours daily.

Statistically speaking, whatever reasons notwithstanding, HM Aerospace safety record seems to be less than desirable.

Certainly agreed, Capt. When such incidents (and an accident in the past) recurs, its probably time to take a closer look at whats going on and fix it. I hope they're fixing the problem rather than fixing the blame.

agreed! but where is the professionalism amongst the cadets then? :pardon:

Precisely thats what i meant, Sri. It is not right for the cadet(s) to say anything of such. Professionalism lacks in some of the younger minds. They should and from what i have experienced in the past, HAVE been told to not speculate especially when something like this happens. It is important to uphold a sense of responsibility towards the organization of which you are a part of and as a matter of respect to the trainee/trainer and engineering staff. Yet some choose to let their words out unfiltered =)

agree with Sanjay there..we do not have to speculate this incident.Professionalism is a must at all times.let the DCA and the rest do their jobs and we wait for their reports soon!

:D

Thanks all for reply..

Well, I thought that I'm in the "Internet FORUM" that where most stories are discuss, speculate and share what in your mind... Unless, if I'm using local news to spreed out this - then that is really speculate the issue and investigation... Or I'm in wrong channel of meaning of "INTERNET FORUM"?

About the professionalism of the cadet, they didn't spreed this to news or public, only their quote of expression being use by me as a internal stories here... Well you know, most internal people know better of issue then outsiders..

I believe the cadet juz want to express his feeling regardless whatever the company would want them to do.. Sometimes cadet do feel dissapointed with the way company treat them,as company always looks for profit(and in some case cadets come second or third. And when this incidents happens,its just came out... =@

Thats very true, Syukri and Faizal. I agree with you both that when frustration builds up, and often because the welfare of cadets are ignored, it could just come bursting out at the trigger of an incident of such. Sometimes balancing professionalism and human emotions can be pretty tricky and it may tip off to either side of the scale.

A suggestion though would be that the management team of these flying schools should listen out more to their cadets' opinions/voices (using some colleges and universities as a good example). That way at least the students would be able to express and vent out their frustrations or critics in a constructive manner which would help to further improve the academy and in the long run, its business.