MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

Light aircraft crashes in Bachok

seems to be like a phenomenon already!

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/3/9/nation/20100309174255&sec=nation

Light aircraft crashes in Bachok

KOTA BARU: A light aircraft belonging to a private company is believed to have crashed in a padi field in Jelawat, Bachok on Tuesday.

Bachok OCPD Deputy Supt Yahya Salleh, in confirming the incident, said that the crash occurred at about 4.40pm but said he had not received any information on the type of aircraft.

He said information on the fate of the pilot and the number of passengers in the aircraft had yet to be ascertained. -- Bernama

Latest update :

The pilot and his passenger are reported safe. One of them broke a leg and the other sprained his ankle.

Bachok OCPD, DSP Yahya Salleh said the incident occurred at about 4.40pm, but he had yet to obtain details on the two-seater aircraft.

Source: NST

the aircraft is belong to Asia Pacific Fligth Training, it is an eagle 150B

reason of crash, propeller break off in-flight.

I remember, a couple of months ago another Eagle 150 has been crashed. And this is 3rd I think since last 1 or 1.5 year. Is it correct?

reason of crash, propeller break off in-flight.

Confirmed? Metal-fatigue? Reminds me of an Air Crash Investigations show.

A friend of mine said he heard the recording of the mayday call. The propeller broke off in the air.

I wonder if someone can point us to that recording someday.

The pilot only has three flying hours.

Statement can be understood wrongly. The other probably has at least hundreds. So no issue.

On another note, if its some sort of Prop failure ( incredible as it may seem, given that its a fixed pitch one, ) I cannot imagine the vibration on board when the failure happened.

Statement can be understood wrongly. The other probably has at least hundreds. So no issue.

On another note, if its some sort of Prop failure ( incredible as it may seem, given that its a fixed pitch one, ) I cannot imagine the vibration on board when the failure happened.

Agreed... just as we saying the driver doesn't have driving license when he crashed the Viva

that belong to the driving school... :nea:

Anyway... a friend crash-landed his 'prop-less' aircraft successfully somewhere north of Subang

few years back said he only noticed that missing props when he stepped out the aircraft,

all the while he thought the engine quits since there was no sound/vibration and had funny feeling when

try to re-start.

Anyway, the wooden props totally 'flew-off' into different direction of the aircraft after a bird strike...

Hope Capt Mani can chip-in here of his experience, haven't seen him for a long time ever since

he joined as CFI at the same flying school in KBR. BTW, Capt Ramesh, the CFI who sprained his neck in the

Bachok crash is also a good friend... Get well soon, Capt...

Wow.. All the info you guys can korek really awesome! We can't blame either pilot for the crash right? Hopefully the cadet will recover from this and go on to achieve greater heights!

The pilot only has three flying hours.

Wow.. All the info you guys can korek really awesome! We can't blame either pilot for the crash right? Hopefully the cadet will recover from this and go on to achieve greater heights!

I feel agitated every time I read/hear things like these. :angry:

Enough said until investigation is done... Hope they get well soon.

Sorry sorry as what I stated above is not clear and misleading.

What I am trying to say is the cadet pilot who injured in this mishap has only three flying hours and he is a closed friend of my ex-roomate who is now training in APFT.

Capt. Ramesh was my classmate during my Aeronautics Diploma in UTMKL. Get well soon Ramesh. We miss u. Hope to see u next reunion. :drinks:

Edited by Mohd Idham

the aircraft is belong to Asia Pacific Fligth Training, it is an eagle 150B

Any info on its rego??

Capt. Ramesh was my classmate during my Aeronautics Diploma in UTMKL. Get well soon Ramesh. We miss u. Hope to see u next reunion. :drinks:

I flew a few times with Capt Ramesh and I know he is an excellent pilot. He surely uses his piloting skill and knowledge in aeronautical engineering to survive this crash. Hope that DCA will make the investigation report available to public.

didn't i tell you it is becoming more of a phenomenon already? maybe we need a dedicated thread for all these news. something must be seriously wrong somewhere! :sorry:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20100324221431/Article/index_html

Trainee pilot survives crash landing in padi field

2010/03/24

V. Shankar Ganesh

shanky@nst.com.my

TANJUNG KARANG: A 21-year-old trainee pilot in a two-seater Eagle light aircraft survived after crashing into a padi field here today when he tried to make an emergency landing.

The pilot, Tengku Zamir Farhan Tengku Zahidi, sustained injuries to his jaw as well as a broken arm.

He was on a training flight from Ipoh to Kapar and was on his way back when the plane crashed at about 4.30pm.

He is believed to have tried to land the plane at the Block R, Tanjung Karang padi field as he had glided onto the field before the plane overturned.

Tengku Zamir is believed to be a student at the Syarikat Intergrated Training Centre Ipoh as the aircraft belonged to the company.

Kuala Selangor district police chief Superintendent Mohd Taib Ahmad said the authorities were alerted to the crash at about 4.50pm.

He said the Department of Civil Aviation was also informed of the crash.

For the full story, read the New Straits Times tomorrow.

Anyone has any update news of what happened to that trainee who went missing for a day or two after his mate crashed in another aircraft ?

hi...spoke to the Capt Ramesh...the prop just flew off at 2000' and hit the right wing and the wing break into two(1/3 of right wing gone..no right aileron :blink: )...he recover the spin and spiral dive and level off the ac and flew the ac to paddy fld and landed there....i flew with him and he always remind me to relax...don't be panic....looks like he really follow that....thank god he and the student safe....all apft student called him 'hero'....now...hope to fly wit him soon... :rolleyes:

yup...he is :rolleyes: