MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Walduck

Who Remembers.....

Good Afternoon, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong place, but I have looked through the site and there is no where for airline history, if I have missed it sorry, perhaps someone can move it in to the right place.

Anyway who remembers BRITISH EAGLE Airways ? They finished in around 1968 I THINK, but they were in the days of BEA and BOAC, which as we know the latter two were formed in to British Airways.I just thought I would ask if anyone remembers the airline, I certainly do and would like to find others that remember them.

Peter.

Don't remember much except that they used the Britannia turboprop aircraft and perhaps had Luton Airport as their base. I may be wrong though.

quote name='Peter Walduck' date='08 March 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1268052870' post='251242']

Good Afternoon, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong place, but I have looked through the site and there is no where for airline history, if I have missed it sorry, perhaps someone can move it in to the right place.

Anyway who remembers BRITISH EAGLE Airways ? They finished in around 1968 I THINK, but they were in the days of BEA and BOAC, which as we know the latter two were formed in to British Airways.I just thought I would ask if anyone remembers the airline, I certainly do and would like to find others that remember them.

Peter.

Edited by Attan

Don't remember much except that they used the Britannia turboprop aircraft and perhaps had Luton Airport as their base. I may be wrong though.

quote name='Peter Walduck' date='08 March 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1268052870' post='251242']

Peter.

Good morning Attan, yes thanks for that, but I dont think their base was Luton, but I could be wrong on that.

Thanks again

Peter.

Peter,

Welcome to Malaysianwings !!!

Heaps of information about British Eagle can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Eagle

It will answer your fleet- and airport questions too.

Enjoy...

Peter,

Welcome to Malaysianwings !!!

Heaps of information about British Eagle can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Eagle

It will answer your fleet- and airport questions too.

Enjoy...

Pieter..Good morning, thank you for the welcome, good to be here.

Thanks for ths info on British Eagle.

Peter.