MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Silverfly Airlines

Uncle Pieter-They just vanished like that! Until now,there's no latest news from them.

Geoff-Just checked their website,and still the same.The website is totally useless.

BTW,from the NST Online article,they mentioned that they're operating 2 ATR 72 turboprops.

Looks like there's no solid news on their fleet yet.

The way I see it, BN wants to show the people of Perak that it can do instant wonders for the state if it is in power, as is at this moment.

Staff who writes in SMS language.

Blatant plagiarism on the website.

Unusable website.

Somehow this airline is screaming something we all are very familiar with....

Cronyism and desire to siphon money from the government.

Only from the group who thinks of "government's money" rather than "taxpayer's money" or "people's money". Guess who?

MalaysianWings could be their greatest enemy now.

Edited by Radzi

They really need to put lots of effort in promoting the airline if they want it to succeed.. Hope for the best anyway! :clapping:

MalaysianWings could be their greatest enemy now.

Hahahahahahahaha......

Otherwise they could ask MalaysianWings to be their consultant - on how to improve their website and PR.. MH had invite person from MW rite? Why don't they....

Zambry said the airport's runway would also be extended with the RM60 million allocation approved by the Federal Government.

"I have spoken to Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat to speed up the work on the project. I do not know when work will start but it is a priority project for the state."

The more I think about that, the more I wonder if the principal purpose of Silverfly Airlines is to safely transport pax from point A to point B with 'x' amount of profit to the company

(please spare me the bits about 'social obligation' and 'community service' etc ..... :) )

Just checked their website for any latest updates,and found this out:

Silverfly

'SilverFlyPerak.com is temporarily close due to upgrading the system'

Even the word used is not right! Let's hope they will not mess up with the upgraded site.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

WOw.. what an airline.. "LALAT PERAK" :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

Perhaps they should change "Smile with Sliverfly" to "Laugh with Silverfly" :)

Perhaps they will improve on Silverfly logo which current logo looks a bit funny and no corporate image (should be more modern) outlook.

Good luck Silverfly..

logo20yang20betui20-20bg20putih-1.png

This debacle is another example of the patronage system in this country, where ability is secondary to political connections. Unless the owners steps back and appoint professional airline managers, this airline will fail. This airline is an insult to the thousands of dedicated and professional men & women in the local aviation industry. Around the world, history has shown that for every successful airline, there are dozens that failed. It takes very special people to create a successful airline. It's more than just leasing a plane and taking-off.

I come from Ipoh and I truly believe Ipoh needs a small commuter airline to connect it to hubs using suitable aircraft. Even an ATR72 is too big a plane in terms of capacity for Ipoh.

Well said Alan !

My concern goes a wee bit further - what if Silverfly is 'not allowed' to fail ? :(

Even when they own and operate their own birds

And heaven forbid, some incident occurs, and foreigners are involved

Then you'll have the DCA and its procedures scrutinized by foreign aviation authorities

And like it or not, all other operators under purview of Malaysian DCA will face consequences :(

Think that is far fetched ?

I believe Garuda is able to only now start planning for resumption of services to Europe ;)

I still prefer if Firefly is invited by the Perak state government and given the necessary assistance to operate and fly to and from IPH to major regional cities instead of starting a new airline from scratch.

I still prefer if Firefly is invited by the Perak state government and given the necessary assistance to operate and fly to and from IPH to major regional cities instead of starting a new airline from scratch.

I believe that FY was in discussion with the former PR lead administration on some kind of start up subsidy to operate out of IPH.

Perhaps they will improve on Silverfly logo which current logo looks a bit funny and no corporate image (should be more modern) outlook.

Good luck Silverfly..

logo20yang20betui20-20bg20putih-1.png

Silverfly logo looks so 'kampong' and hideous. I bet it was designed by a state government staff, so ugly. i think they should spend some money on consultants to improve their image.

For now they are just LALAT PERAK..awful name even Firefly(Lalat APi sounds way better) :finger:

Oh no... :blink:

But the resurrected website looks good for me;Looks like they're planning to fly to other destination as well (Banda Aceh,Hatyai,Phuket,Jakarta and Ho Chi Minh City).But they better not overstretch themselves.

BTW,they've already have their own Facebook page.Check it out:

Silver Fly FB Page

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Did you become a friend of SilverFly at Facebook already, Mizi ? :p

SGN by ATR ? Would take 'ages'... :help:

Did you become a friend of SilverFly at Facebook already, Mizi ? :p

SGN by ATR ? Would take 'ages'... :help:

Yes,Uncle Pieter :lol:

I do agree with you;wonder where they will get the capital for leasing aircraft (i.e. A320).

A word of advise to the staff: at least write in proper Malay with some paragraphs usage, and no sms language (as sms-lingo is prohibited in the forum). It shows your professionalism level.

[Nasihat bagi staff Silverfly: sekurang-kurangnya tulis/taip dalam bahasa Melayu yang betul sikit dengan penggunaan perenggan dan jangan guna bahasa sms yang dilarang digunakan dalam forum ni. Nampak tak cantik atas 'kertas' dan nampak malas. Ini dapat menggambarkan tahap profesionalisma staff Silverfly.]

Saya amat bersetuju dengan kenyataan di atas !

Guys, I've forwarded this thread to my friend who's one of the models in the pic (she's the small one, works in marketing at the company). I told her to show it to her boss. Hopefully the guys there take your comments into consideration and make the necessary improvements.

saya pun xde pengalaman dalam bidang airlines ni

Can you imagine if a Silverfly pilot makes a similar annoucement before attempting to take off? :p

Their new unplagiarized route map shows Phuket at the location of Yangon.

..saya akui dengan kata-kata salah seorang ahli forum yang mengatakan silverfly tidak profesional dan hal ini disebabkan oleh semua staff disini mahupun en. Hasim dan Pn. Ruby langsung tiada pengalaman dalam bidang ni dan .....

(Pieter : briefly, an 'admission' of Silverfly's lack of professionalism, and this due to total lack of experience in this field for all staff, including en. Hasim and Pn. Ruby) - I kid you not, verify my translation with other members :D

Let us get right down to basics shall we ?

These profiles from Silverfly's own site :

Our Team

The management of Silver Fly believe that if we take care of our valued customer, we're taking care of ourselves. Our entire company revolves around this belief. Our people are at the core of our business and with them we bring to our customers a highly experienced and motivated staffs. Together, we have succeeded in building a solid foundation, enabling us to serve our customers with dependable service and grow into the future. And we believe in the synergy of a three-way partnership, Consumer, Silver Fly and Agents.

from here

MR. HASIM BIN OTHMAN, 59

Executive Chairman

The founder of Silver Fly, having embarked on his career in chartering service since year 1990. During the past 20 years, his experience has been extensive in airline industry. His dedication to excellence, attention to detail, and above all, quality, has earned SilverFly a solid reputation in this industry. He has narrowed his involvement in the organisation’s day to day function considerably. Mr Hasim now is concentrating mainly on the strategic direction of the company. The demand for his expertise in this field has increase in recent year due to increased competition in the market place.

MRS. RABIAH BINTI MAT ALI, 51

Cheif Executive Officer

Strong background in the chartering services that helps to provide our Silver Fly with a sound future ahead. She has added innovation to the conventional Airline and has combined traditional, hands-on experience with the an inventive technique to meet the ever changing needs of customers. In SilverFly, she is the brain behind building teams. She matches expertise with specific requirements and finding the right people for the right job. She also motivated by a personal results-oriented philosophy of achieving more cost and time effective outcomes for customers. Exceeding expectations is always her priority. She brings a proactive and progressive approach to every whether it’s a multi-million ringgit deal to few ringgit deals.

from here

So, which shall it be ?

Surely cannot have it both ways :)