MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Silverfly Airlines

Dienisz,

Welcome aboard Malaysianwings !!!

Hope you'll love it here, and we appreciate your input...since this forum is also read and input is being made by other people outside Malaysia, may I ask you to use the English language please ?

It certainly didn't clear the air to those who don't master Bahasa Malaysia...

Agree that English is preferred in this forum, as this forum is read internationally.

However, if you are not comfortable in using English, maybe you can write in proper Bahasa Melayu so that it can be translated by Google or other translators. I think the translators don't work very well with SMS-type language. Just my view.

As for Silverfly, as long as it is a proper business, good luck and best wishes.

Dienisz,

Welcome aboard Malaysianwings !!!

Hope you'll love it here, and we appreciate your input...since this forum is also read and input is being made by other people outside Malaysia, may I ask you to use the English language please ?

It certainly didn't clear the air to those who don't master Bahasa Malaysia...

Pieter, it goes sumthin' like this:

Hello everybody... I'm one of silverfly personnel. i would like to correct some confusions among you guys and thanks to on efo the member here that asked me to share information regarding silverfly. silverfly is fully owned by a pair of couple - Mr Hashim Othman and Mrs Ruby. Mr Hasim was borned in Penang or Kedah and mrs ruby is from kelantan. they have nothing to do with Perak's royal family nor Perakians but their intention is develop Perak state through airlines and god's willing, Perak airport will be upgraded soon..

FYI, Silverfly no longer in partnership with Riau airlines. Silverfly made partnership with Speedjet Sdn Bhd by leasing and aircraft from Berjaya Air and god's willing we'll hav eone on our own soon. so far, we serve Subang-Ipoh, Ipoh-Medan, and new route, Kota Bharu and more in plan.

On behalf of Silverfly, i would like to extend my apology to all Medan-bound pax on 14th Jan 2010 since the aircraft (sic) was cancelled at the final moment due to certain problem. I'm in no position to reveal what the problem was since it involves other parties and it's okay if the pax blamed Silverfly for that. After we secured our own a/c, we may have fixed a better schedule and probably many more route will be introduced for Ipoh residents and others to commute.

SIlverfly would like to thank the Sultan of Perak, Malaysia and Perak govt, and people of Perak for their support. Our intention is to develop perak state and help the people by making Perak state as a Hub for our a/c, as Firefly is to Subang. I admit to one of the forumner saying that Silverfly wasn't being professional and this is becase all the staff here, as well as mr hasim and mrs ruby, have no experience in this field of business and we would like to learn from persisten mr Tony Fernandez who leads Air Asia. don't redicule Ipoh state (sic) and god's willing, one day Ipoh Airport will be upgraded to the same level as Airport in Penang and other places. Thank you for your concern..

more or less.... :)

And the second one goes sum' like this:

Peace be upon you... my name's sya. forgive me if i entered the forum without any greetings.. i also have no experience in airline business and i ask for the good will of members of the forum to share your experience with me and allow me to use my mothertongue here since i'm not fluent in english..i would like to explain further about silverfly..actually this a/c is from subang since we chartered berjaya air's a/c..it is in the intention of the company to make ipoh as a hub but at this time we do not have our own a/c, if we do have, god's willing, we will fulfill the intention..i was moved to share the information with all of you because raf asked me to join the forum..i know that many forum members here have experience with airlines.. i have no experience whatsoever..Silverfly is also not an airlines since we only chartered a/c only and we are not operating our own aircraft..right? i dont know where does the word Airlines came from, while we never declared as airlines yet like air asia and firefly..if you have any opinion or comment, please share with me ok..regards..

wah.... asked my self: too much free time is it? :p

saya x tahu mane dtgnye perkataan Airlines kat belakang tu sedangkan kita x diisytiharkan sebagai airlines lagi mcm air asia and firefly..kalau anda ada sebarang pendapat atau komen, tlg sharing dgn sya ok..tq..salam..

MH had been a virtual airline (didn’t owned any aircraft) for a number of years. As long as Silverfly has AOC is a airline/airway by default.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

A word of advise to the staff: at least write in proper Malay with some paragraphs usage, and no sms language (as sms-lingo is prohibited in the forum). It shows your professionalism level.

[Nasihat bagi staff Silverfly: sekurang-kurangnya tulis/taip dalam bahasa Melayu yang betul sikit dengan penggunaan perenggan dan jangan guna bahasa sms yang dilarang digunakan dalam forum ni. Nampak tak cantik atas 'kertas' dan nampak malas. Ini dapat menggambarkan tahap profesionalisma staff Silverfly.]

All the best Dienisz and Sya. Make your Silverfly Airlines proud.

Edited by Yusoff

A official Facebook page could help out Silverfly;just like FY and MASwings.

Yup, good marketing idea.

Besides Facebook, for those don't have FB account maybe Silverfly should be create own blog space such as MH (http://www.malaysiaairlinesblog.com), FY (http://blog.fireflyz.com.my/) and Airasia (http://blog.airasia.com/) to update their updated information. Silveryfly also can promote their services here in Malaysianwings forum.

Thanks.

Here you go; Silverfly @ Wikipedia:

Silverfly-Wikipedia

Feel free to add more info or the airline logo.I've just created this one moments ago.

(registration required to edit info.That's the latest notice from Wikipedia)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I hope these guys work out... a diversification of operations may be ideal for an IPOH based carrier.

e.g. Passenger network; night mailruns; bank runs; Medivac; Charter; Small-time freight etc etc.

Fleet becomes very important - and although they have dreams of having corporate jets, and A320s.. perhaps they should keep it real and purchase multi-role aircraft like:

1. Beechcraft SuperKing Air

2. Pilatus PC12

3. Cessna Citation - Mustang (VLJ)

These aircraft can be quickly modified for the many roles I have mentioned above..

Interestingly, a business model is evolving in Australia that is utilising the extensive GA network in the country to improve cost efficiencies and returns to operators.. have a look: www.emptyjet.com.au

AirAsia succeeded because they ventured into new territory. They were ground-breakers.

If Silverfly want's to be anything, don't imitate - create a market niche!! Ipoh is perfectly placed to be competitive in the GA arena.

New airline...hopefully they will need new pilots... :help: :help: :yahoo: :help: :help:

Hopefully, in very near future silverfly will buy its own new (or 2nd hand) jet which is bigger than ATR-72 such as boeing 717.

Or Boeing 727.

Why your preference for that vintage ?

Surely they come associated with sky high maintenance costs with reliability issues to boot already :)

Agree that English is preferred in this forum, as this forum is read internationally.

However, if you are not comfortable in using English, maybe you can write in proper Bahasa Melayu so that it can be translated by Google or other translators. I think the translators don't work very well with SMS-type language. Just my view.

As for Silverfly, as long as it is a proper business, good luck and best wishes.

Glad that you voice it out...i was thinking to comment also earlier on...since there are some members here who do not read our malaysian language

Very at first I thought it was a Uk airline because of silver jet.

Very creative name, we have Firefly and now Silverfly :rolleyes:

Ipoh has a small population, for an airline to base at IPH highly likely there is political involvement by either the States Government or the silver states royal family.

Since 9M-TAQ belongs to Berjaya, fair to speculate Berjaya is a partner?

Hope the airline is run by competent professionals and base on proven business model.

Any latest news? Haven't heard any news since yesterday.

C.Foo; Silverjet went bust already 2 years ago.

Yup, any news from Dienisz a.k.a Sya? Maybe they busy for launching prepration on this 16th March at LTSAS. Keep in touch Silverfly..hehehe

Yup,Let's hope any of the MWingers will do the coverage of the launching ceremony on March 16th!

The success of AK has inspired a number of tycoons to venture to airline business but none succeed until Silverfly. To be issued with AOC by MoT and to compete with FY (i.e. MH) need very strong political backing and deep pocket.

Competition is always good for consumers. Hope Silverfly will adopt proven business model as depending solely on miracle divine intervention may not be enough to make Silverfly successful.

Maybe it's time we start a poll on how long they will last? My bet 6 months devil%20finger.gif

The point is the names sound so similar.

As a Ipoh native myself, I am more than welcome the plan of Silverfly choosing IPH as its hub and the plan to fly IPH - XSP.

I hope Silverfly aint talking ahead of themselves. Instead of talking about getting their own A320, CJ etc etc ... Some smaller turbo-prob like the ATR42, Dash 8-100/200 or EMB 120 would be more appropriate for now IMO. I am not expecting a lot, will definitely support it if it offers competitive pricing and reliable flight schedules. ;)

Some smaller turbo-prob like the ATR42, Dash 8-100/200 or EMB 120 would be more appropriate for now IMO.

Or the Saab 340 for that matter: a very nice, docile and cheap-to-buy/lease aircraft (33-35 seats, depending on the config.)

Maybe it's time we start a poll on how long they will last? My bet 6 months devil%20finger.gif

Yup....sounds good idea....i expect around 1 year- 2 years..

My guess that 9M-TAQ is leased to the Silverfly.

9M-TAQ arrived Darwin from Denpasar last night and it departed to Port Moresby today. Hrmm...I wonder which aircraft is currently with Silverfly...9M-TAG perhaps :pardon:

9M-TAQ arrived Darwin from Denpasar last night and it departed to Port Moresby today. Hrmm...I wonder which aircraft is currently with Silverfly...9M-TAG perhaps :pardon:

Really? Any idea what's she's doing in POM? Perhaps they're operating 9M-TAG for the moment.

Oh,BTW Congratulations on your latest photo on A.net (RMAF CA-27 Sabre Mk 32 at Butterworth)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Any idea what's she's doing in POM? Oh,BTW Congratulations on your latest photo on A.net (RMAF CA-27 Sabre Mk 32 at Butterworth)

Sorry bro, no info on that.Aha...thank you :drinks:

Edited by MIR

For our reference,

Registers Under The Communications And Multimedia Act 1998

Register of Apparatus Assignments

Aeronautical Mobile Station

#. Assignment Holder Name of Aircraft Callsign Assignment No Expiry Date

320. BERJAYA AIR SDN BHD ATR 72-212A 9M-TAQ 01533601-000SU/42009 31st December 2010

http://www.skmm.gov.my/registers1/aa.asp?cc=332420512094529199&vl=&aa=AAAero&fpg=11