MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

Silverfly Airlines

l was made to understand the fare structure is estimated in the range of:

IPH - KBR : RM2xx(one way) / RM 398(return) excluding tax

SZB - IPH : RM99( one way) excluding tax

SZB - KBR : NO fare yet.

We just have to wait for its website to be launched on 16 march 2010.

operating only days 4 and 7 ie based on IPH - MES - IPH routing

I guess this routing might be :

SZB - KBR - IPH - MES - IPH - KBR - SZB

I hope Deniez could confirm this esp how to purchase ticket and its website address.

Tq raf..you yg call I td ..and raf jugak yg told me to explained all information about Silverfly..our website will be launched by Y.A.B Menteri Besar Perak..saya bagi pihak Silverfly menjemput anda semua untuk hadir ke majlis pelancaran ni..

Date :16 march

time :12 pm

venue:LTSAS

and the add of this website www.SilverflyPerak.com and maybe website ni akan aktif dalam masa terdekat..and for price pulak setakat ni kita fixed kan harga coz after kita ada pesawat sendiri kita akan buat low cost macam Firefly and Air Asia..esok saya update price ok..so kepada anda yang nk booking atau beli tiket call atau walk-in direct ke kaunter kita di ipoh..kaunter di Kota Bharu masih lagi dalam pembikinan dan akan mula beroperasi sebelum 18 mac 2010 ..kalau sesiapa dari subang nk ke Ipoh call office (05-3111022 / 05-3112023)dulu dan kita akan uruskan penerbangan anda sebab kaunter di subang still in progress..dan ini adalah jadual departure and arrival untuk bulan mac bagi laluan SZB-IPH-MES dan KBR.. Laluan ke singapore(seletar)juga akan di adakan mengikut jadual tetapi belum di tetapkan oleh pihak pengurusan silverfly sehingga diberitahu.

1) 9 & 13 march ETD / ETA SZB (2 PM) / IPH (2.40 PM)

IPH (3.20 PM) / MES (3.30 PM)(LT) * Note : medan lewat 1 Jam dr waktu Malaysia*

MES (4.10 PM)(LT) / IPH (6.20 PM)(LT) * LT : Local Time

IPH (6.50 PM) / SZB (7.30 PM)

2) 16 march ETD / ETA SZB (10.00 PM) / IPH (10.40 PM)

IPH (3.20 PM) / MES (3.30 PM)(LT) * Note :10.40 AM - 3.00 AM (MAJLIS PELANCARAN PERASMIAN)

MES (4.10 PM)(LT) / IPH (6.20 PM)(LT)

IPH (6.50 PM) / SZB (7.30 PM)

3. 18 & 25 march ETD / ETA SZB (2 PM) / KBR (3.15 PM)

KBR (3.45 PM) / IPH (4.55 PM)

IPH (5.25 PM) / MES (5.35 PM)(LT)

MES (6.15 PM) / SZB (8.30 PM)(LT)

4. 21 & 28 march ETD / ETA SZB (2 PM) / IPH (2.40 PM)

IPH (3.10 PM) / MES (3.20 PM)(LT)

MES (4.00 PM)(LT) / IPH (6.10 PM)(LT)

IPH (6.40 PM) / KBR (7.50 PM)

KBR (8.20 PM) / SZB (9.25 PM)

*Sebarang pertanyaan sila hubungi office Silver fly sdn. bhd atau email ke Silverfly2010@gmail.com / Silverfly_perak@yahoo.com

tqvm........

Good info Dienisz,

I'm interested for SZB-KBR route, previously i only have 3 choices airlines (MAS, Firefly, AirAsia) for going back to KB from KL and KL to KB, now i've a new extra choice. Based on schedule given by you, it's SZB-KBR only on Thusday and KBR-SZB on Sunday? May i know estimated price for return ticket SZB-KBR-SZB?

It's good if can make it fly SZB-IPH-SZB on 16 March (Tuesday) and spend one day attend Silverfly official launching at LTSAS.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

guys, sorry..time launched tu dlam pkul 10.40 Am sampai 3 pm bkn 3 Am..hehehehe..dalam pkul 3.20 flight akan berlepas dri ipoh ke medan coz kita ada rmai pax yg nk ke medan pda hari tu and to mr ikman ikreza esok i will inform you about the fare ok..coz fare kat office..x igt la..ok..tqvm

Edited by Dienisz

hello everybody....

Well, good luck and I hope the principals have very deep pockets, and they are really serious about the venture. We have seen smallish indies just disappear, such as Asia Pacific Airlines, Seaga, Aeromalaysiana and that whatever airline flying between AOR and LGK.

(in fact,when it is said that Silverfly wanted to have A320s,Corporate jets bla bla...sounds like Seaga when it first appeared, with pictures of A320 in Seaga colours adorning its brochures..)

And I also hope you intend to publicise your services properly, and dont take your customers for granted. I'll be happy if you survive and thrive beyond 12 months.

And please dont talk about IPH becoming as large as PEN or other places. It sounds amateurish especially when Silverfly is an airline that is just starting out, yet to prove itself and is not even an airport operator....we have all heard a zillion times about IPH airport expansion.

Btw, does Silverfly have its own AoC?

Edited by Mushrif A

If the airline is said to be based in Ipoh, Why is it that all flights mentioned above originate from SZB?

Congratulations and best wishes to Silverfly. We need more airlines in Malaysia so that customers have more choice and better service at lower fares!

With regards to aircraft choice, I think that the ATR72 is probably still be best aircraft to buy or lease for now since it has low operating costs and you don't have the pressure of selling so many seats to achieve a good load factor - something to bear in mind for an operator that has IPH as its hub. Once you have established the demand pattern you can look to having jets like the Bombardier C series, Airbus A319/320 or Boeing 737-800. However, I am not sure if you can carry a full pax load and take off safely from IPH.

Look forward to seeing your website!

I do agree with your statement above,flee.

To Silverfly,

Best wishes to all of you.Your company decision to lease ATR 72-500 is splendid.Due to its low operating costs (just what flee said),that's why we can see Firefly a huge success.When the company is fully secured,then you may opt to acquire bigger aircraft.

I couldn't help myself not to giggle... :)

At the beginning of the thread, all replies are of speculations and accusations and what not...

Then one reply from a staff of the airline clears the air... and almost all replies following after that are of encouragements and good wishes... :D

Thus, Silverfly could at least learn a thing or two here. Speaking from a non-advertising/marketing educated mouth (me), make yourself known, advertise, media 'havoc' (in a good way), etc., before presenting yourself. Bagi salam sebelum masuk [greet before you enter]. Get people/media attention then you could get their money... :p

To Silverfly, good luck and all the best!

I couldn't help myself not to giggle... :)

At the beginning of the thread, all replies are of speculations and accusations and what not...

Then one reply from a staff of the airline clears the air... and almost all replies following after that are of encouragements and good wishes... :D

Yes, such is the local business scene (yes, cronyism is so bad!) that most local companies are treated with varying degrees of scepticism. It is as if to say that we don't believe business is possible without the grubby hands of politicians and royalty dipping their hands in! :rolleyes:

My cousin lamented on the pricing of FY for IPH - SIN flight during the CNY season so maybe Silverfly would give FY a run for their money.

Edited by Waiping

Assalamualaikum..nama saya sya..minta maaf la kalo saya masuk dalam forum ni x bagi salam dulu..saya pun xde pengalaman dalam bidang airlines ni and saya mintak jasabaik ahli forum disini share pengalaman anda dengan saya dan izinkan saya menggunakan bahasa ibunda disini sebab saya x berapa fasih speaking..saya nk explain lgi ttg silverfly..sbnrnya pesawat ni memang dri subang sebab kita chartered pesawat berjaya air..memang niat company nk jadikan iph sebagai Hub tp buat masa ni kita xde pesawat sendiri, jika ada pesawat sendiri insyaAllah kita akan laksanakan hasrat tu..saya tergerak hati nk sharing information dgn anda semua coz raf yang suruh saya masuk forum ni..saya tau ahli forum disini ramai yg ade experience with airlines..saya langsung xde pengalaman..Silver fly juga bukan airlines sebab kita hanya chartered pesawat saje dan kita bukan operated dgn pesawat sendiri..betul x? saya x tahu mane dtgnye perkataan Airlines kat belakang tu sedangkan kita x diisytiharkan sebagai airlines lagi mcm air asia and firefly..kalau anda ada sebarang pendapat atau komen, tlg sharing dgn sya ok..tq..salam..

Then one reply from a staff of the airline clears the air...

Dienisz,

Welcome aboard Malaysianwings !!!

Hope you'll love it here, and we appreciate your input...since this forum is also read and input is being made by other people outside Malaysia, may I ask you to use the English language please ?

It certainly didn't clear the air to those who don't master Bahasa Malaysia...

..... hal ini disebabkan oleh semua staff disini mahupun en. Hasim dan Pn. Ruby langsung tiada pengalaman dalam bidang ni dan .....

..... saya pun xde pengalaman dalam bidang airlines ni .....

..... saya langsung xde pengalaman .....

..... Silver fly juga bukan airlines

..... sedangkan kita x diisytiharkan sebagai airlines lagi

Please do not overdo the sympathy thing - you are more likely to scare off intending passengers :D

If want to cram people into a metallic tube and launch them high up into the sky in hope they end up at the spot where they have paid you to send them to, in defiance of God's initial intentions, you better show some CONFIDENCE :)

Well, that is if you intend for them to come back for a second time at least !

Edited by BC Tam

Perak is so rich with culture and history and all they could come up with was "Silerfly"?????

I used to have a hypothetical airline on Airline Mogul called "KintaValleyXpress" or "KVX" based in Ipoh :) made me quite a bit of hypothetical dough before I lost interest and focused on my flight training :)

Does anyone recall if the Berjaya order was for 10 ATR72s?? or just 2? I always anticipated that Berjaya would eventually make the foray into the SZB-SIN services, perhaps even via XSP :)

Evry body laughed at AirAsia when they offered RM 0 fares in the early days...look at 'em now.my point is,criticism is easy as the onlookers are always 'smarter' than the doers.all the best Silverfly...

Dienisz,

Berapa tambang dari ipoh-kota bharu-ipoh? Saya dah penat drive dari ipoh ke kota bharu. Nak naik flight pulak. Hari apa ada flight tu?

Hi Yussof,

Based on current schedule for March 2010 given by Dienisz previously in here entry http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14096&st=20&p=251259entry251259 date and time for IPH-KBR every Sunday IPH(6.40 PM)/KBR(7.50 PM) and KBR-IPH every Thursday KBR(3.45 PM)/IPH(4.55 PM). Flight IPH-KBR will be start on 18 March 2010. I'm also email to silverfly for details total fare SZB-KBR-SZB by yesterday but didn't receive any reply yet.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Hopefully, in very near future silverfly will buy its own new (or 2nd hand) jet which is bigger than ATR-72 such as boeing 717.

Or Boeing 727.

It seems Silverfly is chartering Berjaya’s ATR72 idle time for its service and focusing on leisure/weekend travelers market.

The real test for Silvefly will come when they take delivery of their own fleet.

:drinks: