MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Hazman

What do you guys think of our recent pilot job vacancies?

Hello all...

been awhile since the last time i posted here in MW....

im currently under training in a local flying academy here in malaysia..

expected to grad in about 8 months plus...

im a private sponsored cadet (by MARA)

im just curious, and worried that once i grad from my training,i'll be jobless...

because...i've seen MOST of my senior batches didnt manage to secure a job with any airlines and finally they had to come back as AFIs...

but the problem is, the AFI's vacancies in all fly school im malaysia seems to be full now...

heard that MAS had too much of thier own cadets,airasia been taking direct intakes but TOO FEW...

so, to those with acknowledgement on this matter, i hope you can help me sooth my worries...

all replies all greatly appreciated..thanks

Think on the bright side - airline starts hiring, AFI applies and gets recruited by airline, AFI positions become available, and then there's a job for you (as AFI)! And then the cycle starts again. The old batch leaves, the new ones steps up, and so on and so forth. :)

I have a friend who did private, one and a half year already still no job.

yea man..that is what im afraid off...1 year plus still no job means GG....your flying rusted, your knowledge,if not well "polished" will fade & gone....help!

Think on the bright side - airline starts hiring, AFI applies and gets recruited by airline, AFI positions become available, and then there's a job for you (as AFI)! And then the cycle starts again. The old batch leaves, the new ones steps up, and so on and so forth. :)

its true but thats gonna take some time...even AFIs didnt manage to get job from any airlines....

The pilot market is that either there are too few pilots, or too many. Seems like it is the "too many" season now.

its WAYYY TOO MANY now...hundreds graduating every year...this is so sad...Hanx whats your plan?

by the way,SIA doesnt take any direct intake do they?

AirAsia are taking many guys who already have type rating , most of which Are the " Ex-MAS jump to EK / EY " gang .

They are not too interested in investing in fresh guys , they want guys who can fly in a month

AirAsia are taking many guys who already have type rating , most of which Are the " Ex-MAS jump to EK / EY " gang .

They are not too interested in investing in fresh guys , they want guys who can fly in a month

hmm...seems so...sometimes i wonder, why the airlines want to have thier own cadets when the got plenty of private cadet waiting to be picked up...

btw i heard air asia have this type rating course or somthing which is open for any fresh grads with fee of 70k plus...some say it can add up your advantage to get u selected by the airlines if u go for it...air asia atleast...

Type rating , I believe its in the region of about 50k USD to get your A320 type rating from CAE Kuala Lumpur :)

You take type rating here , VERY likely you'll get a job in AirAsia , in my humble opinion :p

But heck , what do I know ... I've no idea what a simulator is :) :blink:

try apply Firefly,Berjaya air or even LAYANG-LAYANG..although it's look like a "skyvan" but bright side is you have the job.

not forget...MasWings!!

Thank God :)

Try out MasWings and Firefly.

I know for sure MasWings do need captains for the ATR, but not sure about copilots. Then again with the many pilots graduating, they can afford to be choosy.

Edited by Radzi

hmm...seems so...sometimes i wonder, why the airlines want to have thier own cadets when the got plenty of private cadet waiting to be picked up...

btw i heard air asia have this type rating course or somthing which is open for any fresh grads with fee of 70k plus...some say it can add up your advantage to get u selected by the airlines if u go for it...air asia atleast...

Maybe because the airlines prefer to screen and select the people they want to be their cadets rather than the Flying school screening and selects for them. Butseriously, at this moment, there's a surplus of pilots all over the world not only Malaysia Simple calculation, 4 flying schools vs 2 major airlines dont add up. Also, the GA or corporate flying scene in Malaysia arent emplyoying many pilots.

try apply Firefly,Berjaya air or even LAYANG-LAYANG..although it's look like a "skyvan" but bright side is you have the job.

not forget...MasWings!!

Thank God :)

Try out MasWings and Firefly.

I know for sure MasWings do need captains for the ATR, but not sure about copilots. Then again with the many pilots graduating, they can afford to be choosy.

Maybe because the airlines prefer to screen and select the people they want to be their cadets rather than the Flying school screening and selects for them. Butseriously, at this moment, there's a surplus of pilots all over the world not only Malaysia Simple calculation, 4 flying schools vs 2 major airlines dont add up. Also, the GA or corporate flying scene in Malaysia arent emplyoying many pilots.

thanks guys... once i grad from my training, i will surely apply for all airlines and air transport companies available...or i shall i start from now itself?i've passed all my ground papers already... this is tough... But is it true that you cant switch to MAS 737 fleet if you are in Firefly or MasWing?

Guest SAZ

Good Day guys.I've recently heard about another pilot license(MPL) but I've know nothing about it.Anyone got any idea what it is?Whats the difference between this license and CPL or PPL??

MPL is a different kind of ab initio training for airline pilots, Multi Crew Pilots License, it does not replace the current way of training pilots but it is just another choice for pilot training. MPL focuses more on multi crew operations, whereby you are exposed to the airline (multicrew) environment from the start of the program. Integration of airline SOPs are done early in your training, in hope you will transition without problem into your airline. You will need a sponsoring airline to do this though from what i know, you can't just go to a flying school and do it.

my 2 sens

http://nbbusinessjournal.canadaeast.com/front/article/985675

Edited by Walter Sim

Excellent way to put it Walter ,

SAZ , thte only way you going to see it in Malaysia is if some flying school in Malaysia were interested in partnering up with CAE for this unbelievably expensive program

Whats the difference between this license and CPL or PPL??

From the ICAO website,

What are the differences between the CPL and the MPL?

For the purposes of operating multi-crew aircraft, the privileges of a MPL are equivalent to those of CPL endorsed with an instrument rating and a type rating on a multi-crew aircraft. However, and because the MPL is geared toward operation of multi-crew airplane, an MPL pilot cannot generally fly on single pilot aeroplane without meeting additional requirements. For example, MPL holders cannot exercise the privileges of a CPL and instrument ratings on single pilot aeroplane without meeting specific actual flight time and flight instruction requirements.

ICAO MPL FAQ

In simple words, MPL holders can

1. only fly a transport category plane in which they are type rated on and

2. only work in a multi crew (2 or more) environment.

MPL Programme are specifically tailor made for any participating airline to incoporate their SOP into the training process.

My little understanding of it. :hi: I might be wrong though.

There is currently one ongoing MPL BETA Progamme by CAE in partnership with AirAsia.