MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Incheon Airport is the Best in Asia

ACI Airport Service Quality Awards 2009, Asia Pacific airports sweep top places in worldwide awards

1) Incheon (ICN)

2) Singapore (SIN)

3) Hong Kong (HKG)

4) Beijing (PEK)

5) Hyderabad (HYD)

More here!

Can only agree after transitting just recently; very close call with SIN, though...

Maybe people who are managing KLIA should wake up, and stop boasting that they are the best ....for so many years.

Maybe people who are managing KLIA should wake up, and stop boasting that they are the best ....for so many years.

Precisely, certain people always claim they are the best, I don't see any relevancy behind....take for instance, most of the toilet in KLIA are dirty & smelly comparable to airport like HKIA, Changi and ICN are well kept. In my personal view, ICN is always the best comparable to the airport i had been before.

Can only agree after transitting just recently; very close call with SIN, though...

I agree, I too went through Seoul recently. Extremely efficient, immigration was great, airport itself was great! But, very tough call between SIN. I still like SIN better.

Time for MAHB to bring it up a notch. KLIA feels like its getting worse instead of better.

I think the blue fairy lights at the satellite terminal looks cheap, like wise the fairy lights at the MTB departure halls. And What is with the tacky batik inspired green plate covers at the check in desks? Yuck! They made it worse! There's chipped concrete at the parking B lot, broken tiles and the toilets at the car park smells worse than toilets in puduraya. The lights and barriers on the road when you turn in after departure to the car park is broken and has been for a long time. Then there's the Singapore Shuttle signboard at KLIA still there, years after the MH/SQ shuttle service stopped operating.

ARGH!! so much potential, ruined !!!

Agreed, on my recent trip to KUL, i found out that the departure hall at gates H are so quiet, not much crowd....perhaps that's what them the most quiet airport in the world....

ACI Airport Service Quality Awards 2009, Asia Pacific airports sweep top places in worldwide awards

1) Incheon (ICN)

2) Singapore (SIN)

3) Hong Kong (HKG)

4) Beijing (PEK)

5) Hyderabad (HYD)

HYD is co-managed by MAHB.

Yeah KLIA can be a leader by putting LED lights found in most Audi's. LED lights are some of the most strongest and efficent lights. MAHB will save ringgit by these efficent lights, I have a LED tourch and visablility if 100% than a conventinal one. :rolleyes:

I agree, I too went through Seoul recently. Extremely efficient, immigration was great, airport itself was great! But, very tough call between SIN. I still like SIN better.

Time for MAHB to bring it up a notch. KLIA feels like its getting worse instead of better.

I think the blue fairy lights at the satellite terminal looks cheap, like wise the fairy lights at the MTB departure halls. And What is with the tacky batik inspired green plate covers at the check in desks? Yuck! They made it worse! There's chipped concrete at the parking B lot, broken tiles and the toilets at the car park smells worse than toilets in puduraya. The lights and barriers on the road when you turn in after departure to the car park is broken and has been for a long time. Then there's the Singapore Shuttle signboard at KLIA still there, years after the MH/SQ shuttle service stopped operating.

ARGH!! so much potential, ruined !!!

Yeah KLIA can be a leader by putting LED lights found in most Audi's. LED lights are some of the most strongest and efficent lights. MAHB will save ringgit by these efficent lights, I have a LED tourch and visablility if 100% than a conventinal one. :rolleyes:

Apa ni? Was this sarcasm at my comment?

I don't care for LED, incandescent lights, fluorescent lights, whatever lights. But the "fairy lights" also known as christmas lights...I'm talking about the blue ones that are found at KLIA satellite, near the aerotrain stop, adjacent to the MAS lounge, it looks really out of place and in my view very tacky!

DSC08288.jpg

Azizul, I believe this is your photo. (hope it's ok for me to use it)

Anyways if you stand close to the pillars waiting for the aerotrain, look up, you can see the exposed wiring.

Tacky tacky tacky tacky!!!

They could have used that space with an art installation, something colorfully aviation themed, or used blue spot lights to shine on a floating suspended sculpture. Anything would have been better than hanging a bunch of fairy lights from 4 posts. It looks cheap! MAHB spent millions on a very artsy, nice looking office building, they could have done something a lot better than these lights. Either someone was not bothered, or this is the best they can come up with?

They could have used that space with an art installation, something colorfully aviation themed, or used blue spot lights to shine on a floating suspended sculpture. Anything would have been better than hanging a bunch of fairy lights from 4 posts. It looks cheap! MAHB spent millions on a very artsy, nice looking office building, they could have done something a lot better than these lights. Either someone was not bothered, or this is the best they can come up with?

A countryside/village/kampung boy can moves to the city but can’t moves countryside/village/kampung out from him :pardon:

:drinks:

HYD is co-managed by MAHB.

Perhaps HYD could have moved up a notch or two if the Indians had done it on their own ?! :p

Precisely, certain people always claim they are the best, I don't see any relevancy behind....take for instance, most of the toilet in KLIA are dirty & smelly comparable to airport like HKIA, Changi and ICN are well kept. In my personal view, ICN is always the best comparable to the airport i had been before.

If Australian can operate Suria KLCC at tip top condition, it is the management and execution that is failing at MAB.

1) Incheon (ICN)

2) Singapore (SIN)

3) Hong Kong (HKG)

4) Beijing (PEK)

5) Hyderabad (HYD)

More here!

My sharing:...

I don't trust the above awards. SIN is the BEST when come to language. English is widely spoken in SIN but not for ICN.

If Australian can operate Suria KLCC at tip top condition, it is the management and execution that is failing at MAB.

Correct, u got it bro

My sharing:...

I don't trust the above awards. SIN is the BEST when come to language. English is widely spoken in SIN but not for ICN.

Just a thought - perhaps in that north eastern corner of the orient, bahasa england is now playing second fiddle to bahasa middle kingdom already :D

Incheon airport named world's best for 6th year

SEOUL, Feb. 15 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's Incheon International Airport has been named the world's best airport for the sixth straight year in the latest service quality survey taken by a global airport consultation group, the transportation ministry said Tuesday.

The top honor was granted by the Airports Council International (ACI), which carries out a survey on consumer satisfaction and service quality for major airports every year, according to the ministry. The ACI is a consultation group consisting of around 1,700 airport operators.

This marked the sixth straight year that Incheon International Airport, South Korea's main gateway, has taken the top spot in the latest survey. Dubai International Airport in the United Arab Emirates topped the list for three consecutive years from 2001-2003.

The ministry attributed the honor to the government's intensifying drive to turn the airport into a hub in Northeast Asia, citing its recent efforts to improve passenger accessibility by strengthening transportation systems and expanding international routes among other measures.

Incheon Airport claimed two other top prizes -- Best Award among "mid- to large-range" airports and Best Award among competitors in the Asia-Pacific region, the ministry said.

Gimpo Airport, another South Korean airport located on the western outskirts of Seoul, was named the best airport among mid-range airports, while ranking sixth in overall service quality. It is the first time that the airport was included in the survey, the ministry noted.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2011/02/15/35/0200000000AEN20110215009500320F.HTML

That is impressive. I've never been through ICN but I'd like to!

Maybe next trip must spend some time appreciating the airport rather than rushing from one gate to another.

What a shame! I've the worst experience there while back to KUL last month.... How could they hire someone so rude and unable to speak English sitting on the frontdesk... chasing off customer away from their counters simply they were focusing on the TV Drama! I made a real big complain there and wrote a letter but never received a reply or an apology... shame!

What a shame! I've the worst experience there while back to KUL last month.... How could they hire someone so rude and unable to speak English sitting on the frontdesk... chasing off customer away from their counters simply they were focusing on the TV Drama! I made a real big complain there and wrote a letter but never received a reply or an apology... shame!

I agreed with Mike....the staff can't speak English at all. Even if they can, you won't understand it. (I personally experience it too!!)