MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Shahiez

stories about 9M-MPK

Yup, it was Sentosa Hospital previously.

:drinks:

I don't know that....stay for two nights during MW anni

errrr.... hehehe! :pardon:

Sorry OT!! :p

Edited by LeeTZ

Sentosa Hospital - I'm surprised MWingers knew about it...that was like almost 3 decades ago in 80s when I was still a school kid taking public bus's route along Jln TAR.

Now that everyone "buka cerita" (started the story) about ghostly encounter experienced by FAs...here are a few story I heard.

1. On a SIA B747 TPE-LAX flight, a FA was taking a nap in the Crew Rest area...her alarm went off but being so tired, she actually turned in off and went back to sleep. Suddenly another crew member woke her up and told her to get dressed and get to work. She quickly got up, thanked the crew and went down to start service. Upon arrival into LAX, the former FA tried to locate the crew member who woke her up hoping to thank her again, but she couldn't locate the crew member. Later at the hotel, she related her ordeal to the Leading and described what the other crew looked like. The Leading turned pale and said that the crew member she described was the crew who perished in the SQ006 incident a few months ago.

2. On a particular red eye flight on a regional airline. A FA noticed that the Call Button was always "ON" on a pair of empty seat. She would walk by and switch it off, only to hear a "ding" and the Call Button lit up again. Thinking that it was a electrical fault, she ignored it. The "ding" became non-stop and the Light blinked liked crazy. The Leading quickly pour a glass of wine and a took a bowl of peanuts and walked to the seat and left it on the arm rest. The "ding" and lights never bothered them during the whole flight. The Leading told the FA that a regular passenger had a heart attacked and died on the flight years ago and now still haunts the plane. (read on a famous true ghost story book).

3. MH crew in KCH are put up at Hilton, there is this particular room and is inhabited by a "naughty" ghost. Unfortunately, the room is usually "reserved" for MH crew, crew sleeping in this room would always have the TV on by itself at night and worst, will have someone "banged" on the bed that would wake anyone up. Crew will request NOT to be given that room when they come in to KCH...to avoid a close encounter with our resident ghost.

Some have, Kuching based crew way back then woke up in a bath tub with water running. The thing is the person remember well sleeping in the bed.......

also some people spotted some hand sticking out of a wall calling them . Did u know that the hotel was built on some orang asli burial site. the Sculls u c at that bar is actually from the grave yard not sure if they r there now though.....

The Taipei hotel that MH is in also is haunted. It use to be a hospital. Many crew could see a funeral procession going on through their walls, cooking in the bathroom, Kene Cekik , some one sitting on them, tv and lights flicker so did the vibration (not an earthquake) and many more.....

If i m not mistaken a pilot died at the hotel.Doc said that he died of high blood pressure but some speculated that a ghost slapped him because of the ears,eyes and nose were bleeding and so did a hand print on his right face (ok i was kidding about the hand print).

Sentosa Hospital - I'm surprised MWingers knew about it...that was like almost 3 decades ago in 80s when I was still a school kid taking public bus's route along Jln TAR.

I was born in Sentosa Hospital, Jalan TAR :)

O/T a bit...Wasn't it Crowne Plaza Kuching (now new name)? Because when I was staying there a group of stewardeses who join me in the elevator suddenly blurted out to me, that they were afraid to go up to their rooms by themselves and they waited for any man to sort of accompany them... But I do have a bit of weird experience there.....

Yes, before Crown Plaza/Riverside, MH crew stayed at Hilton, then Corwn/Riverside and now, back to Hilton again.

If i m not mistaken a pilot died at the hotel.Doc said that he died of high blood pressure but some speculated that a ghost slapped him because of the ears,eyes and nose were bleeding and so did a hand print on his right face (ok i was kidding about the hand print).

What a crock of crap. The Pilot who passed away in Taipei died of a blood clot in the brain. He was a batchmate of mine during ab initio flying days way back in Manila. Nothing sensational about his death, just plain tragic. The Crew found out during checkout when he did not turn up at the lobby.

His wife works as a part time Haj crew in the Charter Department.

There was a story about Hyatt Regency Hotel, Kota Kinabalu too. About a haunted room that was previously reserved for MAS crew.

There was a story about Hyatt Regency Hotel, Kota Kinabalu too. About a haunted room that was previously reserved for MAS crew.

That 14th floor room where a couple jump to their death a few years back? Room 1410 if I'm not mistaken.

Yes I've stayed in that room, before and after the incident. No, their ghost were not present.

That 14th floor room where a couple jump to their death a few years back? Room 1410 if I'm not mistaken.

Yes I've stayed in that room, before and after the incident. No, their ghost were not present.

The story i heard was set in the early 90s and the room was close permanently afterwards. If my memory serves me correctly, it's one of the rooms with balcony facing Upperstar/Texas/Cometra Travel Agency.

The whole area is just spooky to me at night. I mean ... just how many people have jumped off Wisma Merdeka car park (the adjoining shopping centre) over the last few years ? Like 5 or 6 different cases ... I wasn't aware of any suicide cases inside Hyatt though. Probably was still obsessed with "baja hitam" aka "masked rider" then and such thing simply doesn't intrigue me :lol:

Edited by Isaac

Does MH still put up their crew at Emas Hotel Tawau? I got an encounter there a few years back during business trip.

This is kisah benar. :p

I was there for PC fair and arrive on the same day as the fair started. So no time to check in first or choose a better room, if I may put it that way. That night check in close to midnight and I was really tired. IIRC I was given a room facing the back lane. The hotel is pretty old, furnitures all look pretty worn out. The first thing I notice was the door of the wardrobe cannot be closed property and it was facing my bed. It has the classic rattan finishing but because it's old, some of the paint had already peeled off. I was so tired that I went straight to bed. Of course as usual I left the TV on and some lights. That made it hard to doze off, so I was between asleep and awake.

Then when I opened my eyes I saw a hand on the left side of my bed. The hand got some badly burnt marks on it and it started to pat on my bed from left side along the edge to the bottom and over to the right side. I tried to move but couldn't. So I closed my eyes and started praying. Then after awhile when I can move, I went downstairs to the reception table and asked for a room change.

Chances 9M MPK will be the rego of the B744 we will use for the MasCharter Charity event on the 1st of May......... :yahoo:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Good 1 capt. :good:

ROFL :rofl:

Edited by KS Ong

That 9M-MPK, or we often call it as Mat Pancung Kepala coz it was the aircraft that took away one life of a MH technician in SZB hangar. That unlucky guy was doing some maintenance in the flap area, sticking his head up in the flap tracks. Then somebody went inside the cockpit and put the flap position to Fully Up. Walla, head-off.

That 9M-MPK, or we often call it as Mat Pancung Kepala coz it was the aircraft that took away one life of a MH technician in SZB hangar. That unlucky guy was doing some maintenance in the flap area, sticking his head up in the flap tracks. Then somebody went inside the cockpit and put the flap position to Fully Up. Walla, head-off.

That's gruesome...

Aren't there supposed to have placards warning mechanics not to meddle with the controls?

No way... For real?? That straight out from final destination kinda stuff!!

That was for real. In fact, there are many other cases happened but were not made avail to the public...

Fell down from a/c work platform, missing fingers, drenched in hydraulic etc...just to name a few.

Apparently, it happened somehow amidst the heavily stipulated safety procedure in the aircraft maintenance manual. Based on each individual experience and knowledge, kalau dipikirkan logic mmg xmungkin akan berlaku.... Besides, whenever we want to operate any hydraulic system during maintenance, we gonna shout out loudly the word HYDRAULICCCC....everybody will make themselve clear from the system.

Yes, it is a standard procedure to pull out the circuit breaker and put a small yellow retainer on it to prevent inadvertent 'close position' of the CBs plus placard.

If im not mistaken, those who involved were working during lunch time, just to finish things up much faster.

Apparently, it happened somehow amidst the heavily stipulated safety procedure in the aircraft maintenance manual

Was anyone ever made to answer manslaughter and/or negligence charges ?