MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MIR

Subang (WMSA/SZB) 2010

Probably the Chinese 737's

I don't recognise the airline that sits between CI and QF, between GA and EVA, between UPS and MH B744 and the one below UPS.

amazing stuff, i miss subang in its heyday! its good to see some of the airlines that suspended services to KLIA have come back - e.g. LH, RJ ... we are still waiting for BA. btw, i still prefer the old BA livery.

Azizul, the one below UPS is the classic AirLanka tristar! 2 tristars in a day ... u dont get that anymore.

KLIA is still on its way up, we are catching up to SIN quite quickly now. We should hit 32 million pax by the end of this year. What a far cry from SZB - 17 million/year!

Edited by Izanee

I don't recognise the airline that sits between CI and QF, between GA and EVA, between UPS and MH B744 and the one below UPS.

between UPS and MH = Royal Air Cambodge B737-400

between GA and EVA = China Yunnan Airlines (old livery) B737-300/400

between CI and QF = Myanma Airways Int'l (maybe? i'm not sure though)

between UPS and MH = Royal Air Cambodge B737-400

between GA and EVA = China Yunnan Airlines (old livery) B737-300/400

between CI and QF = Myanma Airways Int'l (maybe? i'm not sure though)

That Myanma Airways yellow colours on the belly of the 734 (I think leased from MH?, as like the R A Cambodge's 734s) - this originally came on wet leased BI 757 that it used before being replaced by the 734. The airline probably liked the yellow and black line so much, it decided to retain them.

amazing stuff, i miss subang in its heyday! its good to see some of the airlines that suspended services to KLIA have come back - e.g. LH, RJ ... we are still waiting for BA. btw, i still prefer the old BA livery.

Azizul, the one below UPS is the classic AirLanka tristar! 2 tristars in a day ... u dont get that anymore.

KLIA is still on its way up, we are catching up to SIN quite quickly now. We should hit 32 million pax by the end of this year. What a far cry from SZB - 17 million/year!

Yup miss all those great airlines coming into SZB during its glorious days.. :good:

Edited by Ignatius

Wow... Lauda Air... and Air Asia, the old livery/company... MH's MD-11.... and 2 Tristars.... wow...

KLM Cargo's Taking Things Further... I still remember seeing that line in PEN.. wow...

Hey, the good old white green blue Air Asia!

Hey, the good old white green blue Air Asia!

I like the combination of blue and green. kinda soothing and peaceful...

I like the combination of blue and green. kinda soothing and peaceful...

Clearly the livery fared better than the seats inside. I was flying from LGK - PEN during that time and the foam in my seat was flat! Luckily not a long haul flight.

Clearly the livery fared better than the seats inside. I was flying from LGK - PEN during that time and the foam in my seat was flat! Luckily not a long haul flight.

but the food they served onboard is nice! i still remember one of the meal served on my BKI-KUL(SZB) flight is Indian Curry Chicken. it's so spicy... but it's not available on my return flight, ie. KUL(SZB)-BKI. :( OT!

SZB can spring a surprise or two at times. :blink:

Common in East Malaysia but rare to me over here. :p

Thank you for this hornbill blinking at me. :yahoo:

9MMWGw-1.jpg

White nose/beak purple Nok B)

HSTDBw.jpg

Is that Nok being returned back to MH (the lessor of the aircraft [?]) since everyone knows Nok is dying and only counting days for the time being.

Went to SZB to catch the Nok and Royal Brunei. Unfortunately, all I got was this:

dsc0184gh.jpg

dsc0175h.jpg

I also saw a B747 in what appears to be ANA colours or something similar to that on its tail. Any idea what its doing in SZB?

Is there any air performance by RMAF during the merdeka day?

Nope,since the celebration was held indoor (at Putra Stadium).

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Saw 2 RBA park beside those transmile area. With right engine missing if im not mistaken.. Any updates on those for test flights?

Those must be the old 763s, not part of the fleet of the Sultan's Flight

Those must be the old 763s, not part of the fleet of the Sultan's Flight

Yes i know its not part of the Sultan's. Just wondering any test flight of them or any updates?