MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

MalaysianWings 5th Anniversary

Nothing to worry KC, everyone is special in their own ways. Really impressed with every one of our SIN members! Truly amazing :yahoo:

Before I surrender to bed, a last poisonous shot from me.

camera.jpg

Good night folks! :drinks:

Enjoying every single pictures there is and wishing i was there! Good to see smiling faces despite the weather goofing around! Toast to you guys, and Happy 5th Anniversary MWings!

Flee - it was a great pleasure meeting you. although didn't talk much to you in the afternoon thanks to the string of aircrafts and so many MW members around. thank you for sharing a lot of your experiences and knowledge.

It is always nice to meet MWingers and you are no exception! One of these days, I may get off my lazy butt and join you, chaity and the others in Sepang town! :)

Traffic was stop-start in SIN on Saturday. Its no wonder we needed some traffic control:

MWings5[4]_SIN_20100626.jpg

All these expert eyes are trained on the skies:

MWings5[3]_SIN_20100626.jpg

Nice group photo ... the golden sunlight really makes us all look like gingerbread! Love the colours in that picture.

We were lucky our hurriedly recruited photographer (thank you sir, sorry we did not ask for your name) who only made one shot did a good one! The colours are wonderfully rich and warm, much like everyone who came - rich with experiences and warm with friendships. :clapping:

Nothing to worry KC, everyone is special in their own ways. Really impressed with every one of our SIN members! Truly amazing :yahoo:

Before I surrender to bed, a last poisonous shot from me.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/underzoom/MalaysianWings%205th%20Anniversary/camera.jpg

Good night folks! :drinks:

Wah...like the military 7 guns salute!

NOW I WISHES I WAS THERE!

Edited by Jonathan Kong

Glad to see MWings 5th Anniversary ended in such a high note. :good:

Many new faces for me especially those from Team 9V. :pardon:

Can't stop smiling while looking at those photos. :lol:

I could imagine how Kwek control the on coming aircraft for spotters to shoot ..... by poking either one of the lights on the ribs to raise his hands. Ramani was sure kena poked hard when super jumbos or Asialink appear =@ .

All the smiling faces jokers were really infectious from servers to my computer and to me. :rofl:

Keep the photos coming ! ;)

Back after a wonderful Anniversary with the Niner Victor guys.

1 pic to add. Guess what Flee is photographing with his cunning smiley face. :rofl:

DSC_3672.jpg

Oh yes, Hon Kit. Please show the "revealing photo"!

At least somebody out there recognises the "Grand Master" of photography that Francis Lee is. And they were very appropriate in addressing him as such. Frankly, talking to Francis, I came to realise that he probably has more photography (and perhaps even journalism?) experience than many of us.

Regarding Kwek, first we must help him overcome his colour blindness. When he was trying to arrange a shot of three persons wearing red, amber and green ... he pulled Sri Ramani (who was wearing red), Waiping (who was wearing blue) and me (in the yellowish/orange T-shirt). So our dear carpark aunty could not tell blue from green ... so if car is blue or green, don't bank on Kwek being sure about which car he has checked for park coupon.

Still awaiting more shots from others ...

KC Sim

Regarding Kwek, first we must help him overcome his colour blindness. When he was trying to arrange a shot of three persons wearing red, amber and green ... he pulled Sri Ramani (who was wearing red), Waiping (who was wearing blue) and me (in the yellowish/orange T-shirt). So our dear carpark aunty could not tell blue from green ... so if car is blue or green, don't bank on Kwek being sure about which car he has checked for park coupon.

Must be the tinting on the parking "pondok". :D

Glad to see MWings 5th Anniversary ended in such a high note. :good:

Many new faces for me especially those from Team 9V. :pardon:

Can't stop smiling while looking at those photos. :lol:

I could imagine how Kwek control the on coming aircraft for spotters to shoot ..... by poking either one of the lights on the ribs to raise his hands. Ramani was sure kena poked hard when super jumbos or Asialink appear =@ .

All the smiling faces jokers were really infectious from servers to my computer and to me. :rofl:

Keep the photos coming ! ;)

Haiyoh Chaity, you should have come. I will dedicate a photo for you in the SIN spotting thread then :good:

Back after a wonderful Anniversary with the Niner Victor guys.

1 pic to add. Guess what Flee is photographing with his cunning smiley face. :rofl:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/nelsonboy3/DSC_3672.jpg

Please do reveal the secret Hon Kit. Not many know the truth behind that picture :rofl:

Lovely guys.. love all the hardcore spirit shown. :yahoo:

At least somebody out there recognises the "Grand Master" of photography that Francis Lee is. And they were very appropriate in addressing him as such. Frankly, talking to Francis, I came to realise that he probably has more photography (and perhaps even journalism?) experience than many of us.

Hahaha! Don't kid yourself, KC! You are more of a grandmaster than I am because you simply rattle off more frames through your dedication!

I am a lazy spotter who only chooses to go out if I can be assured of a "safe shoot", i.e. shoots that will get some results and not coming back empty handed. I can never get lucky shots. Only hardcore spotters like you can get lucky cos you make your own luck! ;)

Oh yes, Hon Kit. Please show the "revealing photo"!

Still awaiting more shots from others ...

KC Sim

Tabikk spring (Pieter: salute) to our very own Flee...

flee-1.jpg

B) B)

...and we're still waiting for those pictures :p

Better post before this drops out of sight....

Group_IMG_3109_small.jpg

The "waiting for bus" group. None of the buses stop = the traffic lights were not quite complete yet.

Group_IMG_3123_small.jpg

Wonder man group - coconut tree version.

Looks like we now have the Changiwood shot - thanks Kwek! :)

Porting this over from the SIN spotting thread:

Our celebration of Mwings' 5th anniversary was a huge social event and I truly enjoyed the shared experiences, joys of planes photographed and those that got away and for many of us, it was also getting to know people whose names we have seen but never had a face to put to it. I hope that planning begins soon on the 6th anniversary and perhaps we could think of more interesting places to go to.

The trip to SIN was definitely worth it and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It is always good to put faces to names.

Yes, we could start thinking about where the 6th anniversary can be held as KLIA might still be spotter hostile. Maybe we can try something like visit the RMAF open day (usually held in June on their anniversary) or go to somewhere that has fantastic traffic or spectacular scenery.

Some food for thought...