MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia X premium fares to go up after refurbishing

The new biz class seat reminds me about MH's GCC cabin as well. Anyway, I was informed by a co pilot of MASwings that the AirAsia X is planning to base the A330s in BKI soon.

Edited by Kenneth T

Wah that is news to us! But really, D7 has no choice as parking lots in LCCT are so limited. But where will the A333's from BKI fly to?

I was told that 9M-XXE will be put into service today and will be used mostly on the MEL service, no doubt to counter the entry of EK on this sector.

Also there are no plans to put A333s in BKI.

While green is not my favorite colour, it does make the EY cabin look more spacious and airy compared to the black/red of the present cabin. Here are more photos this time taken from the AK facebook page.

20967_303261342386_18801397386_5151.jpg

20967_303261352386_18801397386_5151.jpg

20967_303261362386_18801397386_5151.jpg

While green is not my favorite colour, it does make the EY cabin look more spacious and airy compared to the black/red of the present cabin. Here are more photos this time taken from the AK facebook page.

Those are awesome pics Alan. Thx for sharing.

A330 in BKI? If they could combine maybe 2 KUL flights why not?

Nothing much too shout about.

Of course it is, knowing that it comes from someone within MH.

I think the new seats rock! D7 is a LOW COST CARRIER to begin with. If they were to stick to the 'template' LCC business model, they shouldn't have been bothered to change the seats at all.

I think the seat colours for the Economy Class look better than the present, as someone mentioned above, it creates an illusion that the cabin is wider and more spacious than it really is.

I agree, MH always pours cold water over D7/AK but seldom improve themselves to compete. But D7 has hurt MH badly on the KUL-MEL route and EK is probably going to chip away even more market share from MH from 1 Feb. Meanwhile D7 is deploying 9M-XXE on this sector, with its new lie flat beds (18 of them) and improved seats in the cattle class. The Aussies will love them! :)

Of course it is, knowing that it comes from someone within MH.

That what i don't understand. When I meet people from MH, they just put down Airasia, always making jokes about them. Wake up! Stop living with your past glory. You are judged by what you do NOW and let's be honest, you're hardly making money, fly old planes with dated cabins, the inflight service standard is way off from you main rivals, you have a shrinking network and have become the butt of jokes.

I would say I'm not impressed with MAS and proud of Airasia, a local company that is innovating and changing the landscape of aviation.

Yes, it is really unfortunate to have people behave like that. For me it puts a bad dent on good deeds that some within MH is trying to achieve. I am not a big AK/D7 fan but this is really a classic case of a few bad apples in MH.

Well, since it's nothing to shout about, they will have to come up with something way better now. Their new planes are coming soon.

So sad...only 2 rows? Thats like only 12 seats right??? Or this is just the first section?

Hope to upgrade my free tic to XL seats....hehehehe! Than I will really have something to WRITE about!

Well, since it's nothing to shout about, they will have to come up with something way better now. Their new planes are coming soon.

The advantage of having worked yourself to the bottom of the heap (or near there anyway) would be that it doesn't take too much effort to show an improvement from that position

That is on assumption there is willingness and resource within to initiate that change (for the better) to start with :)

Btw, why is that chap's seat in 'lie-down' mode when a glimpse through the window shows they are on the ground ? Shouldn't all seats be in upright position, belts securely fastened, ...... :p :D

Edited by BC Tam

So sad...only 2 rows? Thats like only 12 seats right??? Or this is just the first section?

Yes, only 12 seats on the A333 and 18 on the A343.

This was what Azran said:

AirAsia X will have lie flat beds for business class passengers, first of its kind for long-haul aircraft to replace XL seats. There will be 12 lie flat beds in A330 and 18 lie flat beds in A340.

After taking into consideration complaints (on leg room), we believe the new seats will be more comfortable and relaxing to our customers.

Wah that is news to us! But really, D7 has no choice as parking lots in LCCT are so limited. But where will the A333's from BKI fly to?

Well, there are number of destinations that connects BKI to other orient destination. Besides, you won't know what will happen in the coming few years as eventually, AK will have to shift the KKIA T1.

Well, there are number of destinations that connects BKI to other orient destination. Besides, you won't know what will happen in the coming few years as eventually, AK will have to shift the KKIA T1.

Yes, anything can happen in future - however, there are no current plans to base A333's in BKI. This is from a reliable D7 source, not MASWings pilot!

Edited by flee

Yes, anything can happen in future - however, there are no current plans to base A333's in BKI. This is from a reliable D7 source, not MASWings pilot!

Did i mention the word currently? U better have ur eye sight corrected

If you want to nitpick - "soon" can mean next week, next month or in the distant future. Let me quote my D7 source directly, then - you can interpret it how you like! It is just as vague with regards to timing.

No plans for A333s into BKI.

So has anyone tried these new seats yet?

I made a book the seat payment for my flight to Melbourne on Feb 2nd and it showed that the Premium class only had 12 seats as opposed to about 18 on the MEL-KUL (which was XAA.) Does that mean that I would be most likely flying on XXE? Would it be worth trying to get an upgrade at the airport for it or are the seats better than XAA that I would survive?

With Emirates entering onto the MEL-KUL route, MAS are already reducing their fares from Melbourne - KL to compete. I mean, the cost of a one way ticket can get you a return ticket on MAS now. Emirates are going on average for $600 - $750 return in Economy but their flight back to Melbourne doesn't connect to anything. Would people take that flight if they needed to get to say Brisbane or Hobart where connections would be 6hrs +?

Alex.

If you want to nitpick - "soon" can mean next week, next month or in the distant future. Let me quote my D7 source directly, then - you can interpret it how you like! It is just as vague with regards to timing.

That's your own definition....let's not cover up ur embarassment with argument. Oh ya, new year, time to get a new pair of glasses..sound good idea

I think D7 can't offer more than that, because they are selling those seats at the price of a full fare Economy Class seat on a legacy carrier. Having more of the premium seats, meaning D7 will lost valuable space that can be replaced with a few rows of Economy Class seats.

I am so sorry, but this is just so LOL!!! Are you guys ok?

With Emirates entering onto the MEL-KUL route, MAS are already reducing their fares from Melbourne - KL to compete. I mean, the cost of a one way ticket can get you a return ticket on MAS now. Emirates are going on average for $600 - $750 return in Economy but their flight back to Melbourne doesn't connect to anything. Would people take that flight if they needed to get to say Brisbane or Hobart where connections would be 6hrs +?

I was informed about that as well. MH's airfares on the KUL-MEL sector have reduced drastically, on some day they even cheaper than D7! Looks like we already have the winner for the big loser on the route, even when the competition has yet to start (1 February 2010).

Is there any way to be guaranteed you get the new seats when booking a flight? I know 100% guarantee is not possible, but maybe the "best bet".

What route, time etc?

DSC00067.JPG

I can"t help it...I just need to add a naughty caption..."AND SO THE BLACK WIDOW STRIKES AGAIN!"

DSC00074.JPG

What ever happened to X-CITE? No IFE in this bird?

DSC00081.JPG

Erm... Pioneering Xpedition???

Thanks Andi for the link...who took these pics??? Very nice....

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Thanks Andi for the link...who took these pics??? Very nice....

The photo album is by JFK. It should be Johan Farid Khairuddin, one of the pilots. He was featured in AirAsia's blog sometime back when he first went to flying school. Talented chap, went from the entertainment industry to flying.

Sign in to follow this