MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2010

Is there a Dislike/Hate Button for the Airasia taxi shot? However i love it's airborne shot and also the old 734 airborne as well... I am beginning to like this thread again if this goes on hehehee :good: :p

Hey that's my favorite spot! No need to curi-curi to take pictures. Just stand underneath the CCTV.

and

_DSC4098-800.jpg

:drinks:

slightly off-topic...I can see the Tanjung Aru junction...looks almost complete...just imagine spotting from there, even though have to deal with traffic/traffic police...

_DSC4011-800.jpg

Thanks sam for the lovely pics.... i'm sitting 17A just 3 seat from the emergency row. Wait for my trip report and verdict on the new plane....

Date: 18.11.2010

Flight: MH 2642

ETD: 1325hrs

Cruising: FL370

Speed: cant remember (but very fast)

Seat: 17A

MW on Board: Meor

TBC....

slightly off-topic...I can see the Tanjung Aru junction...looks almost complete...

You are very wide off the mark there, unfortunately :D

You are very wide off the mark there, unfortunately :D

Emmm, yes.I asked my parent over there few hours ago, only one section completed, but still inaccessible...I hope by december at least one section is passable to motorists, provide that no more hiccups...

Hi all,

Does anyone know what "Hong Kong Government 2" was on 16 Nov please? I picked him up working Manila on HF between 0308-0524 UTC. Manila advised at position "MINNI"? to contact Kota Kinabula on VHF 126.1. Flight was at FL230 so that is prop territory. Never heard this callsign before and seemed to be heading to BKI so I thought I'd ask here.

:help:

Thanks.

unfortunately, didn't go spotting on the mentioned date. but i spotted this last year, 16/12/09. should be the same family.

_DSC8362-800.jpg

Its a regular flight, just running a little late. MH6173 Amsterdam - Tashkent - Kota Kinabalu - Sydney

The rego was 9M-MPR by the way :)

Its a regular flight, just running a little late. MH6173 Amsterdam - Tashkent - Kota Kinabalu - Sydney

Regular as in weekly/monthly flight? I thought mainly cargo now being handled by the Transmile 727.

Hi Sam, thanks!

I spoke to a HKG spotter who runs an SBS there and he said it would be a JS41 as well. He tells me B-HRT was flying locally at low levels at the time I heard it on HF but B-HRS was picked up a couple of hours before heading SE and climbing to FL110 so looks like B-HRS was the one! It was picked up on HKG SBS again at 1142utc so it didn't stay on the ground very long..

If anyone DID see it please let me know as confirmation would be much appreciated. :good:

Weekly I believe.

What ? :blink:

We have potential of weekly sightings of 744's at BKI ? Notwithstanding what unworldly time of the day those episodes occur and it's (only) a freighter ? :)

Good times are back :yahoo:

:rofl:

Each time i've seen the flight operating, it has been red-eye from BKI to SYD (23 Nov was a re-schedule).

Flight routing is AMS - TAS - PVG - BKI - SYD. Normally it arrives BKI each Sunday at 2145, departing 2345

Each time i've seen the flight operating, it has been red-eye from BKI to SYD (23 Nov was a re-schedule).

Flight routing is AMS - TAS - PVG - BKI - SYD. Normally it arrives BKI each Sunday at 2145, departing 2345

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately from Maskargo website I think the schedule is not confirm for Dec and so forth. However there seems to be another B744 operating as MH8617 on Wednesday 29 Dec depart at 1705 to KUL. Origin unknown.

Cursing will follow suit few hundred kilometers from the West :p

Sidetrack a bit.

Read a disturbing news on the local Chinese daily today (See Hua Daily News pg. A26). Charter flights to and from BKI would be temporarily stopped to allow the airport contractor to finish the upgrading works. There would be no traffic from 1am - 5pm from now until March 2011. It also means that some 24 charter flight mainly to Chinese destination during Chinese New Year would be terminated unless I believe they could re-time.

*Speechless* :finger:

There would be no traffic from 1am - 5pm from now until March 2011.

0100-1700 ? :blink:

Cannot believe this, unless it's indeed 0100-0500, like Samuel said...

My impression would be it's partly psycho pressure on GUSB to get on with the job quickly (if at all they are susceptible to such tactics anymore) Talked to one of the local agents of these China charter flights and she did not seem at all concerned with these midnight restricttions - can always schedule them earlier in the evening mah ! :D Apparently there will be the usual charters arriving over upcoming CNY

Sorry, O/T lagi :)