MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2010

Sam, seems like you got a better spot :good: Faltered at all those shots bro! Make sure you nail them into A.net :good:

Thanks for sharing the pix on this historic day.

MXA should have touched down from HND at 6 something this morning. So did anyone catch it?

Simply take....

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Sparkling ....

Picture023.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Thank you!!

Edited by Yoong

Waiping, later i kena him delta india alpha oscar again de lor~

Yoong, that's not simple at all! like all of them~ today MXA didn't fly to anywhere?

Thanks for sharing the pix on this historic day.

MXA should have touched down from HND at 6 something this morning. So did anyone catch it?

6.20 to be exact but way too early even in BKI. However she departed for KUL at 9.30am.

A rather late rotation compared to an earlier AK.

9MMXA_9947.jpg

She is back at 4pm from KUL before doing the ICN league tonight I believe.

Does that mean all the heavies to/from Tokyo, Osaka and Seoul all sapu already ?!

So quick ?

Sad, very sad indeed if so :(

Does that mean all the heavies to/from Tokyo, Osaka and Seoul all sapu already ?!

So quick ?

Sad, very sad indeed if so :(

The last international scheduled widebody flight, MH51 will end on Jan 14 :nea: However MH2617 will be continued till further notice. All trips 777 kena sapu habis habis :( but in times if passenger demand on haneda and seoul is incredibly high Mas will send in the 777s on extra flights.

The last international scheduled widebody flight, MH51 will end on Jan 14 :nea: However MH2617 will be continued till further notice. All trips 777 kena sapu habis habis :( but in times if passenger demand on haneda and seoul is incredibly high Mas will send in the 777s on extra flights.

you sounded like you read the Daily Express news yesterday...

you sounded like you read the Daily Express news yesterday...

hahaha nope it was New Strait Times.

hahaha nope it was New Strait Times.

Daily Express reported that some 777 will be based here (if capacity do permit such action)...err, but I still think that's too far fetch...better stick with small, longer range airliner...hehe

Daily Express reported that some 777 will be based here (if capacity do permit such action)...err, but I still think that's too far fetch...better stick with small, longer range airliner...hehe

Yes, at this moment don't bet on it. It would probably increase to once daily with the B738 before we have any chance of B777 being stationed here. :(

From what I understand of the news prints, MH will add on 738 frequencies to HND and ICN when required, until such time that even daily 738 flights still cannot meet demand (slot restrictions at destination airports notwithstanding)

Only then will the 777's be considered for services from BKI

My guess would be by the time traffic demand from Sabah & Sarawak grows to that tipping point, those 777's we see now should be well past retirement age, well past their prime at the very least :)

Oooh... deep meaning B) ... Readers from other states must be wondering

Anyone dare to translate? :D

(Sorry, off topic)

Yoong, that's not simple at all! like all of them~ today MXA didn't fly to anywhere?

Thank you Sam!

The photos taken on arrival BKI as MH2642/16NOV KUL-BKI STD1325 STA1600.

Schedule on 737-800 BKI-KUL

TUE, THU, SAT STD0930 STA1155 BKI-KUL MH2643 738

Schedule KUL-BKI

TUE, THU, SAT STD1325 STA1600 KUL-BKI MH2642 738

Edited by Yoong

Oh no...AK axing BKI-BWN...

AirAsia confirms plans to axe Brunei-Kota Kinabalu route

Debbie Too

The Brunei Times

Publication Date : 18-11-2010

AirAsia has confirmed that they will be cancelling their routes from Brunei to Kota Kinabalu effective Jan 3, 2011.

Air Asia Berhad's Communications department informed The Brunei Times that this was due to "commercial reasons".

In the past few months local consumers who had wanted to book tickets out of Brunei to Kota Kinabalu using the low-cost carrier found that they could not book their tickets for the new year, and rumours started circulating that the airlines had cancelled their flights. No further comments could be reached as of press time yesterday (November 17).

The Brunei-KK route was announced last year and the booking period for daily Kota Kinabalu-Brunei flights opened in July for September 9. "The new route caters to the emergent demand from East Malaysia," stated the press statement that was issued for the inaugural flight last year.

AirAsia stated that the service was targeted to "stimulate and enhance connectivity but also tap the existing market from brunei and feed the traffic to AirAsia's vast route network in the region".

Kathleen Tan, regional head of commercial AirAsia, said: "We are launching this new service with direct daily flights which is a testament of our confidence in this sector. Our low fare will certainly benefit the immense demand from business travellers and foreign workers especially... from Indonesia and the Philippines."

Kota Kinabalu is AirAsia's second and biggest hub after Kuala Lumpur and serves nine domestic routes including Penang, Kuching and Sibu while the international sectors are Macau, Shenzhen, Clark, Jakarta and Singapore.

source...

Samuel,

Nice pictures of MXA and the new runway at BKI (= good spotting point)...

Good to see you back here... :good:

Is there a Dislike/Hate Button for the Airasia taxi shot? However i love it's airborne shot and also the old 734 airborne as well... I am beginning to like this thread again if this goes on hehehee :good: :p