MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

KUL 32R in 2010

Just a few more to share from 8th Aug spotting session..

9M-MRE-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-MRE

VT-AXM-32R-08-08-10.jpg

Kari Xpress decided to rotate so so early, so can only afford this shot. VT-AXM

9M-AHO-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-AHO. This shot is dedicated to Cummins who was shooting the AK birds non-stop! Salute :good:

Soon after it was very slow traffic until about 1 p.m..

9M-XAB-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-XAB! Decided to rotate so so late, so the only this I can afford is a "bad center" shot. :lol:

Cheers!

Wow... great shot despite the lighting conditions. Master Chaity must have been proud of his apprentice. The Force is strong in this one.. :p

Anyways, wondering why nobody wants to share any pictures of their specials? :blink: Light was on and off the whole day, so cannot expect much from me.

Since Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race was on going in SIC on the same day, I never saw any GT girls. In MW though we have our very own...

Ramani, I couldn't recall any specials that day. Most shots will stay in my computer for now. :rolleyes:

Quiet Sunday traffic and perhaps Hon Kit and myself should go to MME Race instead. :p

Thanks for sharing those photos to make all the threads lively. :good:

9M-XAB! Decided to rotate so so late, so the only this I can afford is a "bad center" shot. :lol:

Seems to a characteristic of D7's A343's departures, whether in KUL or STN. They are either carrying full load or on fuel saving takeoff or both!

I've checked the departure and arrival times for KUL on their website before. How accurate are they? Any idea?

You will be shocked to know that how many of us actually scan that page before going spotting or to familiarise with the traffic for the day :drinks:

Now that the H series quota is full, what will be the next rego series for AK's A320s?

Sorry Azizul, no idea yet. If all goes well, next delivery should be only in December.

Weather today = :good:

Light = :good:

Sky = :good:

Spotting? :yahoo:

9M-XXD-32R-13-08-10.jpg

9M-XXD

9M-MRB-32R-13-08-10.jpg

9M-MRB

Anyways another short story to share (I always have stories whenever "I" go spotting! =@). Around 10.40A.M. a bulis truck approached me when I was at lakeside. I thought ok la, that's probably the end of my spotting session for today. Promptly stopped next to me with 3 bulis inside, and the conversation started:

Bulis 1: "Encik, dah lama ke kat sini? Baju pun dah basah kuyup dengan peluh" (English: How long have you been here, sir? Looks like your tee is soaked with sweat)

Me: "Ya encik, dari jam 8 tadi. Ambik gambar kapal je, tak kacau" (Yes sir, been here since 8 A.M. Taking pictures of aircrafts only, not disturbing anyone)

(at this point I already felt like 1) I've compromised the spotting location and 2) They're definitely going to keep coming here to shoo people away 3) I thought my car was exposing myself there!).

But hey, I was wrong. They started a friendly chat, and even asked me to show the pictures of MH's 737-800! One of them said "sexy la" looking at the picture :lol: :lol: After 5 mins, they just advised me to stay behind the bushes so that I would not be seen by the patrolling cars from the runway perimeter area. :o :o I was told they (bulis) will be going on their rounds at that area at least once a day. :sorry:

bulis.jpg

So yes, I didn't get shoo-ed away today and there are still some nice bulis around in KLIA! :yahoo: :yahoo:

So for the nice bulises, dedicating you favourite "sexy la" MH 737-800, 9M-MLC

9M-MLC-32R-11-08-10.jpg

:drinks:

If only we had a 'like' button. I'd definitely like your post! :D Nice shots and great weather too! Good to know that there are still some nice bulis around.

Maybe they had too, since its the fasting season, so the good part of them comes out.. <_>

Iggy: Don't have to be too harsh with them la. It's all good for us :good:

A40-DE-32R-13-08-10.jpg

A40-DE again

B-HNF-32R-13-08-10.jpg

B-HNF

4R-ALG-32R-13-08-10.jpg

4R-ALG

B-2351-32R-13-08-2010.jpg

B-2351

9M-MKJ-32R-13-08-10-frontal.jpg

9M-MKJ...testing new angle :lol: :lol:

9V-SRJ-32R-13-08-10.jpg

9V-SRJ.

By the time SQ left, light was gone and sky was cloudy. Packed up and headed back home.

Very nice shot :clapping: Sri ramani, I almost like them all, but what make me attentions is the Oman air A332 and the Cathay 773, As i know the Oman air A332 was just brand new from the airbus.. Hope to see more beautiful aircraft photos in 14R :good:

Now that the H series quota is full, what will be the next rego series for AK's A320s?

Interesting thought. Since "Hotel" already finish, and "India" already taken by Awan Inspirasi, the next should be "Juliet", no?

Ramani, nice shots from 32R. :good:

My worst fear of seeing Bulis near the lakeside just came true from your experience. =@

BTW, from the photo, it seems more like a MAB security truck. <_>

Edited by Chaity

Sri Ramani, what do you do actually? Don't you have to work/study? It seems that you're spotting at KUL EVERYDAY! I'm not complaining though! :clapping: Keep the shots rolling in!

Edited by SherM

Ramani, nice shots from 32R. :good:

My worst fear of seeing Bulis near the lakeside just came true from your experience. =@

BTW, from the photo, it seems more like a MAB security truck. <_>

Sorry for all the confusion, the location is at RIVERSIDE. Wanted to edit my inital post, but was too late to edit so i thought people who often visit that site would know the place from the photo. You're right Chaity, they are MAB staff, who also help the GOF and the PDRM to do surveillance around the airport area. Remember our conversation the other day about not having any one of the organisations visiting the riverside area? I guess I spoke too soon.

Sri Ramani, what do you do actually? Don't you have to work/study? It seems that you're spotting at KUL EVERYDAY! I'm not complaining though! :clapping: Keep the shots rolling in!

Hehe! :rofl: I expected this question to come sometime sooner or later, as many others have asked me this personally. I basically work + study + enjoy offdays at the same time. You just get that greater drive to go out spotting when you're living nearby the airport area and waking up to see such nice sky and light. :drinks:

Wow.. Some kind of life you're living there! I guess you woke up so early this morning to 'work'? :D

Edited by SherM

I know most people who live near KLIA would be cursing like hell. I know my wife would, but not me lah. :D

I wouldn't too! If only SZB was still Malaysia's main airport! HEAVEN!

true true!!! :D everyday can see planes flying at low altitude... ^^

Sorry for all the confusion, the location is at RIVERSIDE.

Hey Sri Ramani K, where is this Riverside actually? Care to give some infor (maps)? I'm totally new to spotting but I've been reading these threads under the Observation Hill section for a few months and have been itching to get my hands on my first few photos :)

Hey Sri Ramani K, where is this Riverside actually? Care to give some infor (maps)? I'm totally new to spotting but I've been reading these threads under the Observation Hill section for a few months and have been itching to get my hands on my first few photos :)

Sorry for overlooking this thread. You can check out this thread about all spotting locations we usually go to around KLIA --> http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=664

I realised riverside is not covered in there, I will update the thread shortly. Cheers! :drinks: