MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

KUL 32R in 2010

Planning to go spotting again next week? I have break on tuesday and wednesday. :yahoo:

Sorry, Keith I will be working next week. <_>

32R was closed from 12-2++ for aircrash exercise..

any pictures of the exercise??

No pictures. Didn't climb the infamous Oscar Hotel. :angry:

I saw that too when I was at KLIA on 15 July. In front of one of the rooms en-route to Anjung Tinjau there was a sign which says "A380" only. So I thought they temporarily name one of the meeting room as A380 and not exactly about the aircraft. :p

The sign you saw was there for sometime.

They put up a new Laminated A4 paper at the entrance of Anjung Tinjau. :rolleyes:

There were Bulis guarding the entrance. <_>

Those wanting to view "kapal" were turned away. :finger:

Edited by Chaity

Watever happen to spotting in KUL?? :finger:

I think someone should write to MAHB or the papers to get them to clarify about the reasons why they're sternly discouraging spotting activities besides the vague "security reasons". Do spotters really pose a threat to the safety of the aircraft? In fact I think spotters could be the second eyes and ears of the airport who can detect if anything's amiss! Wouldn't that be good?

I think someone should write to MAHB or the papers to get them to clarify about the reasons why they're sternly discouraging spotting activities besides the vague "security reasons". Do spotters really pose a threat to the safety of the aircraft? In fact I think spotters could be the second eyes and ears of the airport who can detect if anything's amiss! Wouldn't that be good?

I have written to Tan Sri Bashir twice and even handed him a memo when I met him a month ago. But i guess nobody's interested in these petty issues. :sorry:

Been there, done that. :angry:

One sentence to sum up. Spotters are NOT welcome in KUL !! :finger: :finger: :finger:

As Ramani mentioned, MAHB is looking at the bigger number of millions. :crazy:

What if there are thousands of spotters. No big deal to them. =@

Edited by Chaity

Is really feel disappointed to hear that, Was the MHAB are too over concern about the safety of the aircraft, I don't ever believe that the aircraft spotters will cause the safety issue with the aircrafts and the surrounding of the airport environment, Even the Zurich airport(LSZH) also more more welcome everyone to visit their very relaxing observation area some more the observations area and other terminal also equipped with CCTV and you even can watch the airport daily activity thru their live stream CCTV at the Zurich airport website. I think KLIA should be learn like Zurich airport.

Well, above issue was discussed many times over.

We can talk until the cows come home and nothing happen. :diablo:

Might as well share some shots in --> 32L thread while my little spotting spirit still lingers. :bad:

Edited by Chaity

Mini spotting today...And the attendees are...

attendees.jpg

L-R: Keith, Special guest from HKG, Chaity, Hon Kit and Yong..

Spotting from 9 a.m. till 6.30 p.m.

And to kickstart the thread (of course la, BKI thread so happening, KUL thread must be twice as happening right? :rofl:)

9M-MLE-32R-08-08-10.jpg

tadaaa...9M-MLE!

Ramani... I just reach home and you posted... How unfair..

Ha ha Hon Kit, go buy that piece of land in Sepang Town as mentioned by Ramani :rofl:

Bathed, on the com to check email. Saw this '[KUL 32R in 2010] New Reply Notification‏'. I tell myself, surely is Ramani. and I'm right. haha

Ramani... I just reach home and you posted... How unfair..

Bathed, on the com to check email. Saw this '[KUL 32R in 2010] New Reply Notification‏'. I tell myself, surely is Ramani. and I'm right. haha

Haiyaa you guys....When I got home you know what I did? I opened the BKI thread and the guys in BKI going gaga mah...I want them to go gaga in KUL thread too :rofl: :rofl: I believe you guys have more poison to come :good:

Thanks Chaity, all I remember was his surname is Ng, but wasn't too sure, so decided to just call him our special guest. BTW we have story for you later in 32L thread :lol:

Thanks Chaity, all I remember was his surname is Ng, but wasn't too sure, so decided to just call him our special guest. BTW we have story for you later in 32L thread :lol:

Alright Ramani, awaiting you story when your scripts are ready. ;)

Nice! I salute you all despite problems with spotting in KLIA generally these days. No camouflage dress code? :D

Nice! I salute you all despite problems with spotting in KLIA generally these days. No camouflage dress code? :D

Waiping, we could try camouflage dress code but our cars were dead give away. :sorry:

Unless we repaint our cars as well ..... :p

Here's one from our airport in a jungle :pardon:

9MMREw.jpg

Waiping, unfortunately no. Everyone was well aware and were well dressed for the occasion :lol:

Anyways, one to share before I hit off to bed.

9M-XXC-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-XXC on a takeoff roll!

:drinks:

Haiyaa you guys....When I got home you know what I did? I opened the BKI thread and the guys in BKI going gaga mah...I want them to go gaga in KUL thread too :rofl: :rofl: I believe you guys have more poison to come :good:

it was so mean. :good: shall we all freeze the thread? :rofl:

Thanks alot Cummins from HKG to let me use his 18-200mm lens :drinks: since i'm still using with my 18-105mm. <_<

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Nice photos Keith! Maybe a little bit of post processing and some proper cropping, you'll be there already :)

Coming back again to where I left off, yesterday was a NG day (yes both Cummins Ng day and also New-Gen day :lol: )

First out was 9M-MLE as shown in the previous thread. Then her brothers and sisters left in a mannerly order!

9M-MLA-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-MLA departing at 9.51 a.m.

9M-MLB-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-MLB departed at 9.56 a.m.

more to come after work :drinks:

Looks like you guys had a good time with Cummins Ng yesterday. I was just wondering if the Sepang town locals might find spotters to be a nuisance if more people "invade" their territory. Although they are friendly so far, it only takes one person to make a bulis report... Be vigilant, guys!

Thanks for sharing the pix... :clapping: :drinks:

Looks like you guys had a good time with Cummins Ng yesterday. I was just wondering if the Sepang town locals might find spotters to be a nuisance if more people "invade" their territory. Although they are friendly so far, it only takes one person to make a bulis report... Be vigilant, guys!

Thanks for sharing the pix... :clapping: :drinks:

Flee, I don't think anyone would bother la. Morning spot in Sepang town, the house owner is more than willing for anyone to use his compound where else for the evening spot, the only ones who might get a little affected would be the cows :lol:

Anyways, wondering why nobody wants to share any pictures of their specials? :blink: Light was on and off the whole day, so cannot expect much from me.

VT-JGU-32R-08-08-10.jpg

VT-JGU was the first aircraft departed when I arrived. Prior to this, I missed 9M-XXF.

A40-DD-32R-08-08-10.jpg

A40-DD. According to Yong, believe this is an upgrade to the -300 too from the usual -200? I don't know, my first time capturing this bird.

B-HNJ-32R-08-08-10.jpg

CX sent in a 773. B-HNJ

A6-EBO-32R-08-08-10.jpg

A6-EBO

A7-AEO-32R-08-08-10.jpg

A7-AEO. One thing that Cummins highlighted, KUL should be proud to receive so many middle eastern carriers where else all he gets in HKG is Dragonair, CX and cargo. :good:

LX-UCV-32R-08-08-10.jpg

LX-UCV

9M-MPQ-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-MPQ. Thank you for the late rotation, and as a souvenier, I'll present that famous tree in this frame :lol:

A9C-LH-32R-08-08-10.jpg

A9C-LH. Staying optimistic for the A330 service :D

9M-MRK-32R-08-08-10.jpg

9M-MRK. Another one of our local hero!

Since Merdeka Millenium Endurance Race was on going in SIC on the same day, I never saw any GT girls. In MW though we have our very own...

chaityhonkit.jpg

Hon Kit? If only Chaity wore a headgear... :rofl:

More to come @ 32L thread.

Is really feel disappointed to hear that, Was the MHAB are too over concern about the safety of the aircraft, I don't ever believe that the aircraft spotters will cause the safety issue with the aircrafts and the surrounding of the airport environment, Even the Zurich airport(LSZH) also more more welcome everyone to visit their very relaxing observation area some more the observations area and other terminal also equipped with CCTV and you even can watch the airport daily activity thru their live stream CCTV at the Zurich airport website. I think KLIA should be learn like Zurich airport.

Don't forget MAN, there are hundreds of spotting videos on Youtube taken up close. They have a nice park just next to the taxiway for everyone to enjoy plane spotting.