MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

KUL 32R in 2010

flee, unusual spotting location. :rolleyes:

Going somewhere and shot from a clear and clean window ?

Must be a morning flight with China Southern caught. :lol:

Wow Simon, your shots are getting sharper and sharper . :p

Hint Hint ! Check Exif of photos =@

flee, unusual spotting location. :rolleyes:

Going somewhere and shot from a clear and clean window ?

Must be a morning flight with China Southern caught. :lol:

Hehehe, I am lazy and not as dedicated as you to trek to the ladang and Sepang! ;)

I was on a morning flight to TPE and the China Southern plane was at A10 queueing for takeoff at runway 32R while my plane was at A11.

today there was something funny in KUL. thanks to Chaity (and Yong) for informing, but due to hiccups, i can only show you these. they both definitely have better shots :) rare, rare species in KUL!

Qantas-A380.jpg

2 options:

1) figure it out yourself (i'm still speechless :sorry: )

2) wait for Chaity or Yong to do the reveal :p

@flee, no idea on why she diverted to KUL. appreciate if anyone has any info, do share! sincere thanks to Liew too as he checked out the departure time out of KUL.

last one from me :drinks:

Qantas-A380-back-view.jpg

after the hype left, just went over to OH to meet Chaity (who has had a very lucky day today!) and snap a few before we adjourned for lunch.

9M-AFJ-32R-15-06-10.jpg

A7-AEI-32R-15-06-10.jpg

Thanks to Liew for providing the departure info, I took the risk to scale OH. :huh:

One for the album. :lol:

VHOQF1w.jpg

WHAT ?!?! :blink: What time did this dugong left KUL ?

Keith, dugong VH-OQF took off at around 1020 ;)

awayw.jpg

Sri Ramani, I am sure you will catch other rare birds in the future since you are so near from KUL. :p

Edited by Chaity

Chaity, please let me know too if next time any rare birds are coming, like this one. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, 1020 i'm still doing my exam. :sorry: Any idea why he came to KUL ?

Chaity, please let me know too if next time any rare birds are coming, like this one. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, 1020 i'm still doing my exam. :sorry: Any idea why he came to KUL ?

I knew you and Hong Kit are having exams. Some more is a weekday.

I will let you know next time when I come across any rare birds.

I have no idea why she was here. :blink:

sincere thanks to Liew too as he checked out the departure time out of KUL.

Thanks to Liew for providing the departure info, I took the risk to scale OH. :huh:

No problem guys... :drinks: and thanks for sharing.

Chaity, 2 special aircrafts in 4 days... anybody want any special aircraft better follow

Chaity for spotting the next few days. :clapping:

I have no idea why she was here. :blink:

A QF WB in KUL most likely means a diversion from SIN.

VH-OQF was indeed operating flight QF02 from London-Heathrow to Singapore when it diverted to Kuala Lumpur International Airport due weather in Singapore. It was scheduled to arrive in SIN at 0800hrs but eventually landed at 1105hrs and its continuation flight to Sydney - scheduled at 0940hrs - was re-timed to 1215hrs. VH-OQF finally departed SIN to Sydney at 1039hrs.

Interestingly, although the weather in SIN today was far wetter and more threatening than yesterday, QF32 today was not diverted. KUL spotters should actually watch the weather in SIN on the internet because QF is extremely nervous about wet weather and diverts QF32 in the flash of a lightning - literally : )))

The weather has been extremely wet in the morning here but on some days, this condition flip around in the afternoon to produce blue-sky shooting conditions. Not today though. A pity because we have an Airbus A330F destined for the Royal Australian Air Force (registered EC-336) arrived from Madrid at 1215hrs. If the past two aircraft were any guide, this aircraft then is carrying only a primer green "livery".

KC Sim

You're right Captain. QF has a company policy is to divert there if there is any indication of thunderstorm at the destination - a hangover from that near disaster at Don Muang. Apparently there was a mention of TS in the ATIS that morning, but AFAIK the vis then was about 2 clicks. As you are aware, the ATIS is updated every half and hour and may not be real time or 100% accurate at you are at the wrong end of the 1/2 hr..... Still QF has diverted previously despite all the attempts at re-assurance...this one is no different ...haha. All other aircraft landed routinely during that period. Maybe the whale wanted a taste of Malaysian sunshine :drinks:

A QF WB in KUL most likely means a diversion from SIN.

You're right Captain. QF has a company policy is to divert there if there is any indication of thunderstorm at the destination - a hangover from that near disaster at Don Muang. Apparently there was a mention of TS in the ATIS that morning, but AFAIK the vis then was about 2 clicks. As you are aware, the ATIS is updated every half and hour and may not be real time or 100% accurate at you are at the wrong end of the 1/2 hr..... Still QF has diverted previously despite all the attempts at re-assurance...this one is no different ...haha. All other aircraft landed routinely during that period. Maybe the whale wanted a taste of Malaysian sunshine :drinks:

Sounds like a joke. Are there any captains capable of making any decision flying these aircraft? If NB fleets in SE Asia area were to adopt these procedures, we won't go anywhere.

Anyway a morning QF diversion to KUL is quite common relatively. I believe a QF A380 was seen in KUL before, with photo here in MW. Earlier QF B744 was seen numerous times. Any idea how many times on average do they divert to KUL per year?

Hello All!!

Usually JAL set for KLIA as the 1st alternate airport for Singapore.

Second alternate airport is for Penang.I have been experienced to divert to KLIA

from Singapore due to heavy thunderstorm covered over the airport of Singapore.

Usually local thunderstorm disappear in about an hour,but at this time,heavy rain

continued two hours upon our arrival.

Zimbabwean 767 becoming rarer and rarer at airports all-over the world...

MLD: tail-logo seems bigger (and better) than on MLA/MLB :)

It not a joke....as you rightly pointed out, it not considered an extremely rare occurrence to see a QFA bird in KUL.

I don't have the actual stats but it frequent enough to cause minor irritation.

If one diverts if you are short of holding fuel we can understand but on T/Storm reports despite of updated reportings of weather improvement......that's puzzling...at first. The response to queries is quite short and sweet: Company policy. <_>

Sounds like a joke. Are there any captains capable of making any decision flying these aircraft? If NB fleets in SE Asia area were to adopt these procedures, we won't go anywhere.

Anyway a morning QF diversion to KUL is quite common relatively. I believe a QF A380 was seen in KUL before, with photo here in MW. Earlier QF B744 was seen numerous times. Any idea how many times on average do they divert to KUL per year?