MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Albin And

Emirates Dubai-Melbourne will go via KUL

Hmm... for me 'superb' would have been an overstatement. I have flown with Emirates several times, although only on the 772, 77W and 332. Each time the overall experience is far from superb - slightly above average at best. Yes Emirates may have cutting edge IFE, fancy mood lighting and sometimes excellent catering in Y, these are however let down by their below average seating (10 abreast seating in 777's Y, 7 abreast in 332/343s' J) and a hit and miss cabin crew service. These are the two areas where MAS is doing a much, much better job than Emirates.

I am actually NOT looking forward to the EK 77W which I will be taking coming October and November. Having been on their A345 and A388, I have to say their A345 is much better in terms of legroom. 10 abreast seating on a 77W is just way overboard! <_ eventhough i like the as an aircraft will rather be on v australia at end of this month with abreast seating perhaps much less claustrophobic>

As for EK crews, for the three flights I had with them, I have never encountered any rude F/As. In fact their check-in staff were very helpful.

Nationalism might have been some of your reason for supporting MH. I have long been liberated from such "attachment" with MH (and AK), simply because I do not believe in the way they (MH) run the business, especially the political stuff, which could potentially cripple the company sooner or later. I will go for whoever offers the best products and who offers me the best deal. My wallet outweights the nationalistic/ emotional attachment and there is no way I will fork out more money to support MH. I also felt that perhaps I should use the same money to try out other service and airlines than endlessly supporting the forever struggling airline or forever flying the "now everyone can fly" airline. I very much agreed with KK Lee 34" seat pitch and smiley faces can only do so much. At the end of the day, there is more work to do in regards to making an airline successful.

Edited by S V Choong

I believe most of the pax will not notice and appreciate the extra 2-3" seat pitch that MAS is offering in their Y class, and they will just take it for granted. However, the pax will easily find out and tell the difference on IFE & meals. More importantly, pax will very much influenced by the marketing & 'branding' factor. I think SQ & EK has done a very good job in this.

MH did had a aggressive marketing and good brand image with excellent cabin service (i.e. friendly cabin crew, sumptuous meal, wide seat pitch, modern IFE ) and often expectation beyond experience but failed to attract high yield pax for lack of frequency, convenience connection/schedule at KUL.

:drinks: