MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Albin And

Emirates Dubai-Melbourne will go via KUL

Look out for another special fare from KUL to MEL from EK. Must book before 31 March for travel up to July 30 around RM1,600 return (airport tax excluded but all other fees included) Should be available starting in a day or two.

Thanks, I could rely this news back to the folks at home who are longing to visit us in Melbourne for a long time.

Check online over the next few days. It's going to be the best deal on this route.

RM1600 is very cheap but the the Aussie Dollar is freaking expensive :(

Day trip. :p

Look out for another special fare from KUL to MEL from EK. Must book before 31 March for travel up to July 30 around RM1,600 return (airport tax excluded but all other fees included) Should be available starting in a day or two.

Thanks for the heads up Alan.

Day trip. :p

A somewhat expensive day trip isn't it ? :p

The New Promo fare is now available RM1849 Nett return! What are you waiting for? :yahoo:

There is a change of equipment according to the latest information I received from Emirates.

The equipment has been changed from Airbus A340-541 to Boeing 777-300ER for the DXB-KUL-MEL route. Has any other pax. here being updated with this news?

RM1600 is very cheap but the the Aussie Dollar is freaking expensive :(

Yes, Aussie $ was around RM 2.40 when I was there last year but this year it has rebounded back to over RM 3.05 again. So total cost of trip won't be cheap.

There is a change of equipment according to the latest information I received from Emirates.

The equipment has been changed from Airbus A340-541 to Boeing 777-300ER for the DXB-KUL-MEL route. Has any other pax. here being updated with this news?

The flight will be up-graded to B777 in July.

The flight will be up-graded to B777 in July.

Is their B777-300ER supposed to be an upgrade from A340-500? Looks like they have 3-4-3 arrangement in the economy class. whereas I find the 2-4-2 on the A340-500 really comfortable.

EK408 inaugural flight is arriving tonight at 2:16am!

Something interesting guys

Emirates Launches Non-Stop Flights To Melbourne

SEPANG, Feb 1 (Bernama) -- Emirates introduced its service to Melbourne from Kuala Lumpur Monday, which will offer a daily connection between these two important commercial tourist hubs.

Its senior vice-president for commercial operations, Far East and Australasia, Richard Jewsbury said, the service was established in recognition of the Malaysian demand for flights to Melbourne, as well as the Emirates' deep commitment to serving both the Malaysian and Australian markets.

He said Melbourne was not only famous among Malaysians for its tourist destinations, but also for tertiary education thus this flight offered convenience and comfort in bringing Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur's doorstep.

Jewsbury said in addition to the introduction, Emirates had also increased the number of flights from Dubai to Kuala Lumpur to 21 non-stop weekly flights.

"Emirates has always been committed to Malaysia and this increase in flight frequency follows strong and increasing demand for flights not just from business travelers, but leisure travelers as well," he said.

The additional flight, EK408 will depart Dubai daily at 0240 hours, arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 1330 hours while its return flight, EK409 will depart Kuala Lumpur at 0945 hours the following day to arrive Dubai at 1245 hours.

"This new service not only boosts options for Australian and Malaysian travellers but will put travellers from every corner of Emirates' expanding network, which this year sees the addition of Tokyo and daily flights to three European destinations in Amsterdam from May 1, Prague from July 1 and Madrid from Aug 1," he said,

-- BERNAMA

So, if I did read the article carefully, including the (Dubai - KL - Melbourne) service, EK flies into KUL 4 times daily? Or are they merely referring to the same flight.

Edited by Wilson Kook

Is their B777-300ER supposed to be an upgrade from A340-500? Looks like they have 3-4-3 arrangement in the economy class. whereas I find the 2-4-2 on the A340-500 really comfortable.

EK408 inaugural flight is arriving tonight at 2:16am!

As far as sales is concerned it's an up grade of more than 100 seats. I understand what you mean as I too have been squeezed in the EK 777

Edited by Alan B.

With Emirates flying the most advance fleet complements the superb inflight service, MH is very likely to loose market share on this route.

Edited by Kenneth T

21 divide by 7 =3, so thrice daily.

Not absolutely true, could be 4 flights on certain days, 2 on other certain days :p

Sorry, being a pain and going OT as usual ! :)

With Emirates flying the most advance fleet complements the superb inflight service, MH is very likely to loose market share on this route.

Hmm... for me 'superb' would have been an overstatement. I have flown with Emirates several times, although only on the 772, 77W and 332. Each time the overall experience is far from superb - slightly above average at best. Yes Emirates may have cutting edge IFE, fancy mood lighting and sometimes excellent catering in Y, these are however let down by their below average seating (10 abreast seating in 777's Y, 7 abreast in 332/343s' J) and a hit and miss cabin crew service. These are the two areas where MAS is doing a much, much better job than Emirates.

Edited by H C Chai

I was going to say the same but I didn't want people to label me a MH fanboy :D

I am not impressed at all by EK's 77W other than like you say, IFE and food.

SQ's 77W is great. But I think even if minimal, you can still tell MH's 772 has got better legroom.

Overall package however, SQ wins hands down.

In the last 5 years, MH has been reducing their capacity relentlessly while EK expand their capacity like there is no tomorrow and profitable. Hence, for an airline to be successful, excellent seat pitch and cabin crew service is insufficient.

:drinks:

EK seat is fine, im almost 6ft, no problem flying EK, in fact quite comfy...why bother cabin crew when u only interact with them barely minutes out of the 14 hours flight. Pax probably spend most of their time with IFE.

Edited by Seth K

In the last 5 years, MH has been reducing their capacity relentlessly while EK expand their capacity like there is no tomorrow and profitable. Hence, for an airline to be successful, excellent seat pitch and cabin crew service is insufficient.

:drinks:

True. As an aviation fan of course I want to see MH do well. But also purely on a passenger viewpoint, I'd still much rather more space than a great IFE.

@Seth, I'm also around 6' as well.. But I guess I just need more space :D

But as I said, SQ balances it all out. They have basically everything.. Damn.

SQ's 77W is great. But I think even if minimal, you can still tell MH's 772 has got better legroom.

Hence, for an airline to be successful, excellent seat pitch and cabin crew service is insufficient.

Enjoy the 33" - 34" seat pitch on MAS 744, 772 and 333 while we can. More and more signs pointing that this might not be around for too long ... :(

EK seat is fine, im almost 6ft, no problem flying EK, in fact quite comfy...why bother cabin crew when u only interact with them barely minutes out of the 14 hours flight. Pax probably spend most of their time with IFE.

Agreed !