MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
C.Foo

Penang 2010 Start the New Decade

Waahhh SV, terrible weathers. You forgot the bring Chaity along. It would've been a fine weather along the way :D :D

Hi SV,

Must be anxious about missing the KUL - HKG leg?

C.Lee, thanks for the photo, although it didn't display on my screen initially. I can see the photo now. I was on the other side of the a/c, so I couldn't wave at you :) Aircraft was a Boeing 777-300ER registration A6-EBG.

The photo is hosted on Facebook, perhaps that's why it did not display on your screen, since China blocks Facebook. Perhaps I should try photobucket or flickr next time..

I did wave at the 77W during its pushback. :)

Alliance Airlines newly registered VH-XWM. previously D-AGPA. History.

Dedicated to Uncle Pieter.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/yusoff44/spot/VH-XWMAllianceAirlines.jpg

Got an info regarding the Fokker 100 which you photographed recently. The Fokker's ferry flight routing to Australia was from Woensdrecht-Trabzon-Al Ain-Ngapur-Penang-Kupang-Brisbane. It arrived BNE on 28th September, callsign was "SXI1028".

Great info MIR,

SXI = Southern Cross, a company specializing in aircraft positioning/delivry flights...

Hi SV,

Must be anxious about missing the KUL - HKG leg?

For CX I was not worried so much but I was worried about my subsequent connection from SZX to SHA. I don't know what the policy in regards to that is in China.

The photo is hosted on Facebook, perhaps that's why it did not display on your screen, since China blocks Facebook. Perhaps I should try photobucket or flickr next time..

I did wave at the 77W during its pushback. :)

However, I can actually see your photo on the 2nd time while I was still in Shanghai!

So Mr. Chaity is our lucky charm who will bring good weather here? ;)

Wherever he goes (spotting), the sun shines. Really... :good:

Got an info regarding the Fokker 100 which you photographed recently. The Fokker's ferry flight routing to Australia was from Woensdrecht-Trabzon-Al Ain-Ngapur-Penang-Kupang-Brisbane. It arrived BNE on 28th September, callsign was "SXI1028".

Thanks for the info MIR. That's one long way down... and it stopped by Kupang in Timor. It's like in the middle of nowhere...

Thanks Yusof and MIR; see also http://airnieuws.nl/fokkernieuws/FOKKERfleetlist-live%20dmt/fokkerfleetlist.html for more Alliance F100 news... :pardon:

5th Hajj flight from PEN. MH8066 direct to JED. It pours cats and dogs 30mins earlier.

P1050158_800.jpg

Pushback at 1155hrs.

P1050162_800.jpg

Selamat Menunaikan Fardhu Haji

P1050175_800.jpg

Final flight from PEN, 1st Nov 2010.

And some 'collateral damages'

Just arrived.

P1050170_800.jpg

'Pening' :D

P1050166_800.jpg

Edited by Yusoff

Bessssst,,,,,,, keeping coming bro Yusof...

Syiok ea taking pictures from inside...hehe

Bessssst,,,,,,, keeping coming bro Yusof...

Syiok ea taking pictures from inside...hehe

Syiooookkkk... ;)

I wish I could get on the apron but I can't :(

Thanks guys. Tomorrow is the last flight to JED. Hope the weather is ok.

BC, yes indeed.... :)

Guys, I have a question relating to a photo that I took at PEN on 11 April 2006. There was an Antonov AN-124-100 parked on a taxiway in front of the tower. I only had a Canon Powershot A75 point and shoot camera then, hence the poor quality.

Does anyone know what the reg of this aircraft was or the reason for its visit to PEN? Any help appreciated.

5127498749_5be2a37da7_z.jpg

IMG_1371 by Janner88, on Flickr

Sorry Laurie, I totally have no idea.

However, this was the last Hajj outbound flight for this year. Next would be the inbound flights.

P1050184_800.jpg

Nov 1st, 2010. 1203hrs.

Fokker 100(VH-XWT) departed Woensdrecht a few days ago for delivery flight to Australia. It might stopover at PEN(similar like VH-XWM on 27/09) today before continuing to Brisbane tomorrow. Callsign : SXI1032

Nice catch c.lee, it departed to Townsville via Kupang the next day as 'Southern Cross 1015'. It arrived its final destination, Brisbane on June 24.

I guess there's two white Fokker 100 left, which haven't pass through Penang yet(VH-XWO & XWP). VH-XWM, XWN, XWQ, XWR, XWS, XWT have been ferried from Woensdrecht to Alliance Airlines in Brisbane.

Edited by MIR

Correction, XWR have not arrived Brisbane yet..It might drop in to Penang today as 'Southern Cross 1033'