MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
hanan

i need help..

heloo there.. im 16 (2009).. i want to apply for a pilot license after my spm.. i want to be an airline's pilot..

can i know :

1) what subject should i concerntrate more? physics? english? add math? math? is it add math is important to be a pilot? huh.. im very noob in add math.. huhu

2) how much will it cost to be an airline pilot? (estimation)such as study in malaysia only. maybe at batu berendam,malacca..

if i cant afford it by my self,what should i do? do a bank loan? i google about this already,and it will cost rm 200k ++.. right?

Hi there Hanan, firstly welcome to MW bro...

So, you will seat for SPM in 2010, i wish you good luck..

Do not focus on certain subjects, you should score every subjects that you take.

About your Requisition, we have been discussed thoroughly here before.

You can check out the topics created by our members in this forum, same as you.

But i can answer it for you on my point of view.

I think, you should consider to have a certificate or at least a diploma.

Then after that you can talk about being a pilot. This is to make yourself

well equip with knowledge, maturity, the way you make discision etc...

hm..last ive checked bout cadetship with airasia,physic and maths is crucial..they demand atleast 4B,i agree with Idham,finish a diploma 1st,then u might consider for pilot course,about cost for an airliner,i guess around 170k-250 thats just the 1st CPL/IR...

correct me if im wrong bout it :mellow:

Do not focus on certain subjects, you should score every subjects that you take.

erm.. i dont know what course that i want if im going to take a certificate such diploma..

btw,thanks yea for your info.. :)

erm.. i dont know what course that i want if im going to take a certificate such diploma..

btw,thanks yea for your info.. :)

Right now, just do your best with what you have, which is your SPM.

Get good results for that, you can do anything you want, more options, more choices. Till then, decide. Take baby steps, one step at a time :)

hm..last ive checked bout cadetship with airasia,physic and maths is crucial..they demand atleast 4B,i agree with Idham,finish a diploma 1st,then u might consider for pilot course,about cost for an airliner,i guess around 170k-250 thats just the 1st CPL/IR...

correct me if im wrong bout it :mellow:

erm..

thanks yea..

huu~

Right now, just do your best with what you have, which is your SPM.

Get good results for that, you can do anything you want, more options, more choices. Till then, decide. Take baby steps, one step at a time :)

hehe..

okay..

can i know,is it all users in this website are pilots?

heloo there.. im 16 (2009).. i want to apply for a pilot license after my spm.. i want to be an airline's pilot..

can i know :

1) what subject should i concerntrate more? physics? english? add math? math? is it add math is important to be a pilot? huh.. im very noob in add math.. huhu

2) how much will it cost to be an airline pilot? (estimation)such as study in malaysia only. maybe at batu berendam,malacca..

if i cant afford it by my self,what should i do? do a bank loan? i google about this already,and it will cost rm 200k ++.. right?

i am actually in the same exact boat as u. my dad has talked to some pilot friends, and they say MAS is not taking in any cadets for awhile as they have too many. the only hiring airline is air asia and they might nt be sponsoring and may just hire FO or captains. 200k+ seem to be the right estimate. as the others say, u might want to get a diploma first. as for me, im planning to go into dentistry and then try my luck with aviation.

borrow ur thread, MW, if i have a PPL license, does that increase my chances for being picked for sponsorship by airlines? and does foreign airlines like SQ or emirates sponsor malaysians for piloting course? thanks

can i know :

Some information that i know :

i) Pilot require good result on English, Physics, Mathematics (Add Math not sure either it is in the consideration of the airlines). But since you are going to sit for SPM, so please try to concentrate on all subject if possible. Since you will need to have a backup plan in case there are obstacles in becoming pilot such as taking diploma etc.

ii) rough estimation would be around RM200k-RM250k. You need to check with the flying school to confirm.

iii) One alternative is the have loan, but be mind of the interest rate. You borrow RM250K but you ended up paying the total of around RM500k for 10 years loan

One suggestion is that try to wait for the cadet pilot from the airlines. They normally open the intake once a year. The competition is quite tough but still it is worth to try.

Hope this helps

Choose engineering. Engineering knowledge plus career as a pilot, cool man... ;)

Some information that i know :

i) Pilot require good result on English, Physics, Mathematics (Add Math not sure either it is in the consideration of the airlines). But since you are going to sit for SPM, so please try to concentrate on all subject if possible. Since you will need to have a backup plan in case there are obstacles in becoming pilot such as taking diploma etc.

ii) rough estimation would be around RM200k-RM250k. You need to check with the flying school to confirm.

iii) One alternative is the have loan, but be mind of the interest rate. You borrow RM250K but you ended up paying the total of around RM500k for 10 years loan

One suggestion is that try to wait for the cadet pilot from the airlines. They normally open the intake once a year. The competition is quite tough but still it is worth to try.

Hope this helps

thx bro.. :)

Choose engineering. Engineering knowledge plus career as a pilot, cool man... ;)

waa...

engineering..

need to study hard on my add math because engineering needs add math but im very slow in add math.

huhu