MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Looking at MH new A330 Y cabin, white pillows and no head covers? You could be mistaken for taking an LCC. While SQ can have a designer pillow and stuff, why MH can't be more creative?

Because the head cover is now in leather. I believe that is the reason. It's more environmentally friendly this way as you do not have to change to a new disposable head cover after each flight :)

Looking at MH new A330 Y cabin, white pillows and no head covers? You could be mistaken for taking an LCC. While SQ can have a designer pillow and stuff, why MH can't be more creative?

1939330.jpg

but i actually quiet like the contrast between the dark color of the seats and the white pillows

1939330.jpg

I love the colour scheme of the economy cabin on the new A330s! The white pillow is too much of a contract though. Something a bit muted would have been classier.

9M-MTE

Is this the last A330 MH will receive this year?

Yes it is. Only 5 A333s are scheduled for 2011.

2012 - 3 A333s

2013 - 3 A333s

2014 - 3 A333s

2015 - 1 A333

What's happening with the old A333s? Are some being retired now that there's 5 of the new birds in the fleet?

What's happening with the old A333s? Are some being retired now that there's 5 of the new birds in the fleet?

I thought those fleet belonged to Pernebangan Malaysia Berhad? It would only be logic to return the aircraft to them.

Maybe they can keep the a few old A330 for domestic flight. They're already in regional configuration, although Y seat has 34" pitch.

New destinations for the new A333s revealed. http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/28/mh-w11update1/

Kuala Lumpur – Dubai MH162/163 eff 19FEB12 New Airbus A330-300 (333) operating, replace A330-200 on Day 27 (Day 5 remains with 332)

Kuala Lumpur – Dubai – Dammam eff 14FEB12 New Airbus A330-300 (333) operating, replace A330-200

Kuala Lumpur – Mumbai 30OCT11 – 16FEB12 Day 6 from KUL, Day 7 from BOM operates with New Airbus A330-300 (333), replace Boeing 777-200ER

So that makes BNE, KIX, PEK, PER, PVG, DEL, DPS, DXB, BEY, DMM and BOM getting the new A333. Also I suspect 2 A332s are going to be returned to the lessor.

Interesting follow up as a proceed from our discussion about MH's DXB operation in the EK A380 to KUL thread.

Kuala Lumpur – Mumbai 30OCT11 – 16FEB12 Day 6 from KUL, Day 7 from BOM operates with New Airbus A330-300 (333), replace Boeing 777-200ER

Is this the first route A330 replace 77E?

New destinations for the new A333s revealed. http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/28/mh-w11update1/

So that makes BNE, KIX, PEK, PER, PVG, DEL, DPS, DXB, BEY, DMM and BOM getting the new A333. Also I suspect 2 A332s are going to be returned to the lessor.

Interesting follow up as a proceed from our discussion about MH's DXB operation in the EK A380 to KUL thread.

Unfortunately, it is still relatively far away in Feb 2012...and this is still end Jul-11. By that time, EK will probably do a marketing blitz of its A380 services and the novelty of that aircraft + lower average fares will trump any new-ish MH 330 services to DXB. But, I guess better late than never. The MH 332s have acres of real estate in business class but maintenance and cabin upkeep are poor, representing its "orphan" status in the MH fleet. And the old 333s...one basically time-travels inside the cabin - one could almost find an issue of "Wings of Gold" inside the seat pocket.

Hmmm... can't believe HKG is in the list. SQ even launch A380 on SIN - HKG leg already!

Sorry, I meant isn't in the list.

Unfortunately, it is still relatively far away in Feb 2012...and this is still end Jul-11. By that time, EK will probably do a marketing blitz of its A380 services and the novelty of that aircraft + lower average fares will trump any new-ish MH 330 services to DXB. But, I guess better late than never. The MH 332s have acres of real estate in business class but maintenance and cabin upkeep are poor, representing its "orphan" status in the MH fleet. And the old 333s...one basically time-travels inside the cabin - one could almost find an issue of "Wings of Gold" inside the seat pocket.

Planned New A330-300 operational destinations has changed, which will now be:

BNE, PVG, MEL, ADL