MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

When is the expected delivery for the A330F??

Probably in late September this year,if i'm not mistaken.

If A33E to replace 772 on SYD, MEL and PER. MH to retire 772?

Well, I am speculating that they might be refurbished (perhaps to A380 cabin standards) and used for long haul European routes.

Well, I am speculating that they might be refurbished (perhaps to A380 cabin standards) and used for long haul European routes.

They'd better be! <_>

They'd better be! <_<

Just a note , by thn; these 772s will be 15 years old. Might as well hv them progressively replaced with 77Ws or 787s . ONCE again MH will be left behind with the antique's fleet; when others starts flying the 7late7s, 77Ws ..etc.

Wonder how will the delivery slots of 787s / 77WS / 350s will be ?

Just a note , by thn; these 772s will be 15 years old. Might as well hv them progressively replaced with 77Ws or 787s . ONCE again MH will be left behind with the antique's fleet; when others starts flying the 7late7s, 77Ws ..etc.

Wonder how will the delivery slots of 787s / 77WS / 350s will be ?

Agree. MH is similar to Northwest Airlines (now DL), they are known to use their aircraft till end of life to maximise the return then sold off. For NW's case, right to desert.

787 is sold out for next decade, B77W line is sold out till 2015-ish at earliest, A350 won't fly till 2014 (flight testing, certification...etc will take some time). MH will, like Ruiz said, left with antique B772 for intercontinental flight.

Agree. MH is similar to Northwest Airlines (now DL), they are known to use their aircraft till end of life to maximise the return then sold off. For NW's case, right to desert.

787 is sold out for next decade, B77W line is sold out till 2015-ish at earliest, A350 won't fly till 2014 (flight testing, certification...etc will take some time). MH will, like Ruiz said, left with antique B772 for intercontinental flight.

There's still hope , swapping of delivery slots or purchasing earlier delivery may be considered, but costly. :blink:

It wouldn't surprise me if MH converts the options on the 10 A330s to the A330-200 to replace the B772, as these 2 planes have similar ranges and the A332 is able to fly to Europe non-stop.

That would have impact on MH's existing flight crew. I am not sure how easy or hard it is for MH's B777 pilots and FOs to convert to A332. By doing so, MH also won't be operating any Boeing widebody aircraft, except for maybe MPQ that will still be retained for Charter operation.

Refurbish could mean new seat cover for MH.

Refurbish could mean new seat cover for MH.

:rofl:

And not very classy ones at that! <_>

That would have impact on MH's existing flight crew. I am not sure how easy or hard it is for MH's B777 pilots and FOs to convert to A332. By doing so, MH also won't be operating any Boeing widebody aircraft, except for maybe MPQ that will still be retained for Charter operation.

They'll still need to keep some of the B772s but just a small number, just the ones that were deliviered in the early to mid 2000s.

It wouldn't surprise me if MH converts the options on the 10 A330s to the A330-200 to replace the B772, as these 2 planes have similar ranges and the A332 is able to fly to Europe non-stop.

How far can a333, a332, b772 and b773 fly respectively?

I know it's unreliable, but check wikipedia. It gives you a rough idea about the information you after.

But keep in mind, the published ranges don't include headwinds and other technical issues. Often, the real ranges are shorter than published.

I believe the A332 can easily do KUL to FCO and FRA non-stop.

The A332 has around 12-13K km range.

D7 ordered 3 of them (with GE CF6 engines) this year and will be using these new planes to replace the fuel guzzling A343s in the STN and ORY routes.

MH only has to make a decision between 787-9 or A350-900 to replace 772.

747-8 is really out of the picture.

Why it takes so long??

The A332 has around 12-13K km range.

D7 ordered 3 of them (with GE CF6 engines) this year and will be using these new planes to replace the fuel guzzling A343s in the STN and ORY routes.

D7 definitely doing a right decision by replacing the A343s with the A332; That's the reason why they're signing contract with GE (since all of their A333 are powered by RRs).

10 A332's for MAS??? I don't think so unless they want to photocopy AirAsiaX growth plans... I think 10 more A333E would be of more benefit to MAS in the long run for Medium-haul regional services (Particularly CHINA/AUS/JAPAN/KOREA/INDIA) - Belly cargo being the added advantage.

Any more reviews on the new A333E MTA/MTB already in service??

I thought that the 15 that are now being delivered will be used for those routes? Plus 4 of the A332F.

The 10 options are the ones that might be used for replacing the B772s. Perhaps, MH may not need all 10 to be A332s configured for long haul.

10 more for anticipated GROWTH on regional flights.

You'd want MAS to be operating double daily to places like NRT/HND/KIX/ICN/PVG/PEK/CAN/TPE/MEL/BNE/PER/DEL/BOM/DXB and daily to places like AKL/ADL/AUH etc. They'll need more than 15 A330's to do that.

Furthermore, don't forget MAS has openly touted the idea (along with Boeing) of replacing the existing options for 20 B738s with B739ERs - perhaps instead having the 738s go on to FireFly for domestic and regional LCC routes.