MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Which also translates into a not so good utilization of the aircraft. In a week, the aircraft is idle on the ground from:

i. 0610 day 2 until 0940 day 3 = 27.5 hours

ii. 0610 day 4 until 0940 day 5 = 27.5 hours

That's a minimum of 55 hours per week spent on the ground (because there's also 3.5 hours difference in between day 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 where there are flights to BNE) when by right it should be flying yielding money for its operator.

Looking at the timetable of flights, I presume MTA is an early bird in terms of its delivery? When will the A330s replace the ancient 330s significantly? Will they also possibly be utilised on "trans south China sea" domestic routes (KUL-BKI, KUL-KCH,etc.)?

Looking at the timetable of flights, I presume MTA is an early bird in terms of its delivery? When will the A330s replace the ancient 330s significantly? Will they also possibly be utilised on "trans south China sea" domestic routes (KUL-BKI, KUL-KCH,etc.)?

When new A330s replace all of the old ones, for sure they will use them on domestic.

Latest from Jim Liu's blog, the new A333 will be deployed to KIX beginning 20 May 2011. http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/04/mh-333-kix/

So the new A333 service entry timeline is:

Kuala Lumpur – Shanghai Pu Dong MH388/389 Day 2 (17MAY11 – 28JUN11) MH386/387 eff 01AUG11

Kuala Lumpur – Osaka Kansai eff 20MAY11 (was 14JUN11)

Kuala Lumpur – Beijing eff 21JUL11

Kuala Lumpur – Perth MH127/126 eff 21JUL11 Day 4

Kuala Lumpur – Delhi MH190/191 eff 15SEP11

Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar MH715/714 eff 15SEP11

Does this mean MTB is going to be delivered soon? There's no way MH could serve BNE 5 weekly and KIX daily at the same time with just 1 aircraft.

Thanks Johan, I wonder why our spotters gang do not make a buzz about it.

Cos spotting in KUL isn't easy with the over zealous security. Plus information on the delivery flight is not forthcoming. MTA's arrival was also not covered.

Which also translates into a not so good utilization of the aircraft. In a week, the aircraft is idle on the ground from:

That's a minimum of 55 hours per week spent on the ground (because there's also 3.5 hours difference in between day 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 where there are flights to BNE) when by right it should be flying yielding money for its operator.

d5f4a3a3.jpg

0294cc22.jpg

It seems MTA had a restful day

New a/c types are typically scheduled quite lightly to allow for familiarization and enough downtime for defect detection. Plus, when u really think about it, even if you minus the 55 hour/week on ground plus an average of 2-3 hours TAT at foreign airports, do the math and you'd get an average 13-14 hours utilisation per day.

That in itself is quite high already, despite being a new, medium range aircraft.

Anyone knows how to update Seatguru.com for their seating arrangement?

We should at least update what seatings Malaysia Airlines have now on the site, just to make things easier.

The problem is the aircraft is really new, not many people have been on it and MH doesn't put seating map on its website.

I thought the new MTB would get a final check at SZB before being drafted into normal schedule, no?

I thought the new MTB would get a final check at SZB before being drafted into normal schedule, no?

Nope, all the new deliveries go to KUL, even the B738s.

* This thread has received 1000 replies, for real?

Haha!! Now who says Malaysians not supportive.. :clapping: We respond to things that's worth it..

Haha!! Now who says Malaysians not supportive.. :clapping: We respond to things that's worth it..

Yeah! :D

+1

Just read a blog from someone that went for the A330 launching last month. Very interesting blog and it contained some good pictures there.

Here's the link ====> http://www.foodpoi.com/2011/04/malaysia-airlines-enhances-customer-experience-airbus-330300/

Enjoy mates :)

Great pics!!

Underneath MH J seat, there's some space where you can extend/raise the seat behind it to become a fully flat, although quite tight. I wonder if MH removed a row out of J cabin, there would be more space for the seats to become fully flat.

Underneath MH J seat, there's some space where you can extend/raise the seat behind it to become a fully flat, although quite tight. I wonder if MH removed a row out of J cabin, there would be more space for the seats to become fully flat.

Removing a row in Business/ Club is A GOOD idea worth looking into ; and maybe another row out in EYCL as well.

Is there any review or trip report of new A330 since it has been awhile in operation?

You mean a proper trip report? (You have 4 replies in Sharil's trip report here http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15968)

I believe fellow member Lemuel Tay has flown in it in Business Class from BNE but he does not make any TR. We could expect a trip report on MH's new A333 in the Business Class in A.Net by ThaiA345 after 9 June 2011. Other than that I guess just keep on browsing, someone might come up with one.