MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Did anything special happen for the arrival of the new A33E into BNE?

I feel the tagline is much appropriate than "Non-stop to top bla bla". They should use it more often, especially in adverts within Malaysia.

"Feel right at home with/on MH"

MH's new advertisement for the new product on the new A333.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217611_10150191196028489_592783488_6806301_5958129_n.jpg

Photo by Syed Ridhwan.

Very creative and surely we can see this MH's new advertisement and more articel about the new A333 in Going Places soon maybe on May issue.

Edited by Jonathan Kong

I'm loving those ads! They're really nice and classy. Although, I don't like the look of the angle on those business class seats... <_>

Couple of things with the new livery on 9M-MTA

1) why the fairing at wing/fuselage junction is left white ? It completely disrupts the intended livery design (same goes with the new 'Air Asia' design on the 320's)

2) why the 'malaysia airlines' on fuselage is not consistent with the corporate logo ?

There must be some logical reason for this :pardon:

Couple of things with the new livery on 9M-MTA

1) why the fairing at wing/fuselage junction is left white ? It completely disrupts the intended livery design (same goes with the new 'Air Asia' design on the 320's)

2) why the 'malaysia airlines' on fuselage is not consistent with the corporate logo ?

There must be some logical reason for this :pardon:

Hey, this is MH u're talking about. It doesnt need to have a logical reason. Sometimes, nobody in the organisation thought about it or nobody cares. It takes a whole generation to change the culture or the mentality.

MH never ever pays attention to the little details. Details are just too bothersome.

Maybe MH has no immediate attention to change their corporate profile since only a handful of aircraft are actually in swoosh livery.

When will MH upload seating layout for A333X?

When will MH upload seating layout for A333X?

The problem is, they do not even have the seating layout for all other aircraft. They did upload the seat map of the new 738 (with AVOD) into their website a while back but now it's all gone.

They did upload the seat map of the new 738 (with AVOD) into their website a while back but now it's all gone.

You know, optimists may take that as a possible sign MH has taken cognizance of murmurs of dissatisfaction regarding the tight pitch and actually reconfiguring the new birds accordingly ?! :pardon:

If they just take 1 row out of the Y cabin, the pitch will increase by 1-2" and that would make a world of difference!

Maybe MH has no immediate attention to change their corporate profile since only a handful of aircraft are actually in swoosh livery.

I dont think so. The new 333 came with its own new safety card design, but the typeface is still the old one - the one with the tiny red triangles at the bottom corner M, A, S - and not the one with the new livery.

Like I said elsewhere, MH doesn't know how to pay attention to details. It's the culture.

You know, optimists may take that as a possible sign MH has taken cognizance of murmurs of dissatisfaction regarding the tight pitch and actually reconfiguring the new birds accordingly ?! :pardon:

Did hell just freeze overnight?

Wonder if the IFE has the camera feature to see takeoff landing etc?

No. MH said windows are sufficient.

Beside MTA, another two new MH A333 now on progress.

C/N 1219 Airbus A330-323X 9M-MTB Malaysia Airlines On Order F-WWYX

C/N 1229 Airbus A330-323X 9M- Malaysia Airlines On Order F-WWYJ

Can anyone here give me the date list of when each A333 get delivered? and Did the IFEs in that plane always 'crashed' evrytime? I mean had a slow response, hang, etc., beacuse i know those IFEs were made by Panasonic, the same manufacturer that made the IFEs in GA, and FYI, GA's IFE always crashed and has to be rebooted everytime, and always had a slow response. Not only happened to GA, but to DL, NH, etc. Can anyone here help me?

I see that the C class seats have disappointed a lot of people, which leads me to ask, what were we expecting?

When SQ introduced the A330 seats, it is a downgrade compared to their A380 or 77W, but overall I would say that it is a better fit for its missions. Wonder if anyone complained that Swiss introduced a more innovative cabin than SQ on their A330s? I would be disappointed if the MH A330 seats make it to the A380, but for the A330 flying medium haul, I don't really expect more.

The only think I am disappointed about is that airlines in general continue to persist with this lie flat at angle seats. It is completely useless. Everytime I get one of these seats I would make it go all the way flat and then reverse a bit so that it is not completely flat. Like this, I will not slide down. I would much prefer normal seats with a very good pitch, if I don't get full flat.

Can anyone here give me the date list of when each A333 get delivered? and Did the IFEs in that plane always 'crashed' evrytime? I mean had a slow response, hang, etc., beacuse i know those IFEs were made by Panasonic, the same manufacturer that made the IFEs in GA, and FYI, GA's IFE always crashed and has to be rebooted everytime, and always had a slow response. Not only happened to GA, but to DL, NH, etc. Can anyone here help me?

I've tried the one on their 738 and no. The IFE did not experience a frequent crash. Not on the two 738 flights i was on anyway. The system is pretty fast if you were to compare it to the old MAS3000 system MAS has on their 744 and 772. My only complaint probably is the not so responsive touch screen.

I believe MH's panasonic systems on the 777 fleet served them quite well. nothing out of the ordinary. In terms of slow response, that depends on the airline's relationship and service level contracts with Panasonic maintenance of course :)

I dont think so. The new 333 came with its own new safety card design, but the typeface is still the old one - the one with the tiny red triangles at the bottom corner M, A, S - and not the one with the new livery.

Like I said elsewhere, MH doesn't know how to pay attention to details. It's the culture.

Not the culture, Mushrif. Approval for typeface & logo change doesn't stop with the board of directors, but goes all the way up to Mr. 1Malaysia himself, from what I've been told.

Traveled 4 sectors on GA 738, haven’t experience any AVOD crash. However, response time took about a second or so like TG.

There's a video on Youtube showing IFE on MH 738s. I think it's quite quick to browse through the channel, but to load the movie, there's a split second delay. I heard SQ new Krisworld is also troublesome, has to reboot a few times.

Not the culture, Mushrif. Approval for typeface & logo change doesn't stop with the board of directors, but goes all the way up to Mr. 1Malaysia himself, from what I've been told.

So, if the logo (I dont think logo has changed, but the livery) and typeface have been approved by having them on the new 738s and 330, why wasn't the new typeface reflected onto new printed materials, such as print advertisements and the new 330 safety card? Dont tell me MH needs to get approval beyond the BoD everytime MH needs to use the new typeface on anything else other than the skin of a plane?

Related to this, if Mr 1Malaysia has to approve the new livery - I suppose we can conclude that he has no idea what's on the tailfin of Philippine Airlines' aircraft - hence the uncanny resemblance?

That's why I think the culture of not paying attention to details is well ingrained in MH.

So, if the logo (I dont think logo has changed, but the livery) and typeface have been approved by having them on the new 738s and 330, why wasn't the new typeface reflected onto new printed materials, such as print advertisements and the new 330 safety card? Dont tell me MH needs to get approval beyond the BoD everytime MH needs to use the new typeface on anything else other than the skin of a plane?

Related to this, if Mr 1Malaysia has to approve the new livery - I suppose we can conclude that he has no idea what's on the tailfin of Philippine Airlines' aircraft - hence the uncanny resemblance?

That's why I think the culture of not paying attention to details is well ingrained in MH.

I believe theyre merely in transition between 'newbrand' and 'oldbrand'. There's bound to be transition period in all rebranding exercises (see DL NW, UA CO, AC, JL, etc etc etc) where during this period, some will have old brand and some will have new.

does it make sense? not to the untrained eye, but each reprinting of article and repainting of aircraft brings about extra cost and downtime and for some aircraft (the ones going back to lessor) its better to leave as is until you have to paint the lady all white for lease return. Same goes with safety cards and brochures. do in stages, and soon itll all come about.

This is nothing new. Sure, they can probably accelerate some of the rebranding to be more uniformed accross the board but you and me both don't know the exact transition roadmap (unless of course, youre part of MH or formerly) :)

my 2 cents...