MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Well, maybe this is offtopic, but this is can be used for comparation.

While MH received its new A333, GA, recently, received its 6th A332( 12th A330 ). This is the some shots from neighbor forum about its ceremony, just like what MH did in April 4th.

GA's 6th A332

Well, based on the picture, this new plane have the same bussiness class seats as in MH's A333. And, i like GA's C class seats better, but MH's Y is a bit better.

While MH received its new A333, GA, recently, received its 6th A332( 12th A330 ). This is the some shots from neighbor forum about its ceremony, just like what MH did in April 4th.

GA's 6th A332

Well, based on the picture, this new plane have the same bussiness class seats as in MH's A333. And, i like GA's C class seats better, but MH's Y is a bit better.

It looks the same! Both Y & C.

I'm really liking the economy cabin more and more. The colour scheme is vibrant yet soothing at the same time and the seats look comfortable. The business cabin looks cramped though and those seats look narrower than the current offering on the B772 and B744!

Does anyone know if MH is planning to have fully flat bed seats in business class on their new aircraft? I'd be extremely disappointed if they aren't. And is there any news about what the new economy seats will be like? I hope they don't use those slide-forward seats like SQ or CX use because they're so uncomfortable!

Sorry that MH has disappointed you :sorry: :pardon: :( Hope they still can keep you as their loyal customer.

I get the feeling that an accountant did the final sign-off on the hardware...and you know what they say about accountants..hence, what you see today onboard, and also externally with the minimalist LCC-esque livery.

The current MD was the CFO before promoted :p

Edited by KK Lee

Sorry that MH has disappointed you :sorry: :pardon: :( Hope they still can keep you as their loyal customer.

Oh, they'll still keep me as a loyal customer. I mainly fly on the B772 and B744, and I'm happy with the current business class seats on those aircraft.

What to do, A330 fuselage width is narrower than Boeing 777.

Yes, and that's why it is 6 abreast on the A33E and 7 abreast on the B772. The seats on the A33E look narrower than the seats on the B772 irrespective of the difference in the width of the fuselage of the 2 airplanes. There is also plenty more pitch on the B772!

So, the Y seats are not only red. There are also magenta and purple seats.

I was under the impression that the Y seats are of the same colour, and I much prefer them that way, but seeing how the different colours received preferable reviews, maybe that's just the dull me talking.

GA's 6th A332

Looks the same, except colour schemes, and patriotism aside, I think MH's are better in both classes, especially Y. Lol...

Wait, on a second thought, both MH and GA's cabins looked great. In MH, i can get the feeling of outer-space, cold( in a good way ), yet in the same time, modern. In GA, i can get the feeling of classic-ness and the warmness of many cultures in Indonesia. I think MH should insert some of its culture to its cabin. GA put Batik motif in its seat's covers. Use " anyaman bambu" motif in its partition. And put many Indonesia's beautiful scenery on its IFE's monitor background. But, nonetheless, Great work by all of them.

The high resolution pix does make the new J and Y seats look better. As with others, the Y class is O.O.....AWESOME!!

But the pix does not reduce the impression of "cramp-ness" in J class...err..err....I think they should've gone for 1-2-1 seating arrangement as the cabin width is much narrower. and put five rows in 1L and 2L doors. This will at least help a bit in alleviating the "cramp"-looking. :mellow: ;)

Edited by JuliusWong

5 rows in the business class cabin would have been lovely! 6 just makes it feel cramped. If you're not going to offer a first class, then you have to make the business class feel like it's above the average business class product out there.

It looks the same! Both Y & C.

The C seats may look similar to the casual observer but they are actually different. I believe the ones on GA are from B/E AErospace (MH's came from Recaro) and seems to be the latter, refined versions of what MH has on its 772 and 744s. The GA actually look better and sturdier, and seem to offer more room.

The C seats may look similar to the casual observer but they are actually different. I believe the ones on GA are from B/E AErospace (MH's came from Recaro) and seems to be the latter, refined versions of what MH has on its 772 and 744s. The GA actually look better and sturdier, and seem to offer more room.

The Y seats in MH look much nicer both in colour scheme and in design but I think the GA C seats look better.

5 rows in the business class cabin would have been lovely! 6 just makes it feel cramped. If you're not going to offer a first class, then you have to make the business class feel like it's above the average business class product out there.

This is what we refer as ... erm ... forgot what is the term already but there is a science term for this. Have left school for far too long and the term was first learnt back in Form 1 :D

Anyway, 5 rows or 6 rows, the seat pitch is indifferent. I personally applaud their decision to install 6 rows of JCL seats in the cabin between doors 1 and doors 2. This is smart utilization of space. MAS is a profit-driven entity after all, i just hope they'd done the same with the EY cabin. They really can fit in more seats in EY yet still offer 32" of seat pitch.

I think the term is claustrophobic? No? hahas!! the only word that comes to my mind...

:D No. Not that. They use two straight lines as examples. When you see the two straight lines with your naked eyes, one appears to be longer than the other but both have the same length actually.

:D No. Not that. They use two straight lines as examples. When you see the two straight lines with your naked eyes, one appears to be longer than the other but both have the same length actually.

Optical illusion?

Azizul got it right~~~ :)

Nice report. More views of the cabin from different angles :drinks:

By the way, i've met a few of the cabin crews before (last picture). Met the junior steward on MH69 back in February. A friendly chap. Have also met the two girls in the far left of the picture.

Why hasn't anyone taken a picture of the business class seat in it's flat position?? I want to see the angle of inclination!

I like the picture of FA taking photo. Some MH crew don't mind mingling with pax. They're truly MH's best-kept secret.

Hopefully MH saves the best for A380.

"....on par with industry bests such as SIA and Qatar Airways. This is the exact medicine required to bring MAS back to the top and we think the benefits will start to show immediately"...

...er SQ and QR....please don't give us that high hope Maybank.

"..........The published list price is USD222.5m, but nobody pays list price, we believe that MAS got theirs for ±USD100m."

eerr...that quite a lot of discount.

"SIA should start watching its back – the hibernating airline has awoken."

Thats a strong statement to make.....O.O

"Based on our past flying experience, we think the hardware quality against SIA aircraft is identical."

Sorry to pop the bubbles.....Select is nowhere near KrisWorld Gen 3....

MH new A333 has only 281 seats? I thought it was 283, two less than SQ's 285.

I like the report....very detailed and "loads of make up.." <_>

Edited by JuliusWong

Abis tu dah kasik naik joyride free2 gitu je, plus VIP treatment lagi masa event tu, kenala tulis yang elok2 belaka, reciprocate gitu. Sebab tu MAS tak jemput MW sebab kita bashing memanjang LOL.

Sigh :(

Beats me why Maybank allows itself to be cheapen to this low - surely someone, somewhere realizes it takes more than a spanking new plane, more so when benchmarking against market leaders

But then hey, read the 'Disclaimer' bit at the bottom, all backs covered, no worries at all :)