MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Uhh, based on Mr. Rahman's TR, i think Mr. Tengku had a hard time trying out that new Recaro seat. It looked pretty uncomfortable to me. This is GA's new bussiness class seats in A333.( for comparation, if you want to )

Garuda's New A333

I think MH missed the big oppurtunity here. Asia's best, still have a chance, Non-stop to the top, well, probably.

Re no invitation to MW, I would not be too bothered with it if I were you.

I always feel that ALL of their premium frequent travelers ( esp. Enrich Platinum , Gold and if available Silver) should be invited for such event rather than MH staff and a separate walkabout tour for media. After all it's all about wining customers and customer loyalty.

I was actually to bring out this matter in my quoted reply above and I am 100% agree with you. Yet again, Enrich members are being left in the dark.

Question may then arise as to how many of those who can afford to travel F and J regularly will be able to spare enough free time to join in all these PR merrymaking ?!

Enrich claimed to have more than 2 million members. Surely 0.01% of them can be present at the event.

Mushrif, I hope you don't mind if I share that reply of yours in the corresponding thread in A.Net. The whole world NEED to read it.

Mushrif, I hope you don't mind if I share that reply of yours in the corresponding thread in A.Net. The whole world NEED to read it.

Fine with me. No pride of authorship here.

Uhh, based on Mr. Rahman's TR, i think Mr. Tengku had a hard time trying out that new Recaro seat. It looked pretty uncomfortable to me. This is GA's new bussiness class seats in A333.( for comparation, if you want to )

Garuda's New A333

I think MH missed the big oppurtunity here. Asia's best, still have a chance, Non-stop to the top, well, probably.

big, big miss by MH...

they have that rare chance to impress with this very late addition for a 'new' A333, and yet the products are nothing like the boasts.

the C class is one of the most unattractive airlines' new products i've seen for quite a long time, it's dull, narrow and very much uninviting.

certainly not 5-stars, so sorry. i really don't understand how this airline can manage to hold-on their 5 star status now.

i guess downgrading the star-ranking could only be good for MH, something like that slap on the face that maybe, just maybe, spur them on.

EY is better, but ambience still too cold for me.

GA EY seat colour scheme is to the same tone with SQ's and it's a lot warmer than the star-trek colours on 9M-MTA.

and by the way, all of GA's A333 have been retrofited to 257 seats only.

Yes, Big miss,i mean, they have that big rare chance to refubrished themself, to show the world that this is the new MH that will blow your very mind into the sky, but, then again, they failed. Started with the new livery, that, to be honest, didn't look too attractive for an airline that have already gained a 5 star rating. And then the cabin for new B738, that looked too "LCC" ( except that LED lighting, looks great ). And this big oppurtunity comes, a chance to show the world their new long-houl product, and the result is lukewarm. Different when GA revealed their new image, i'm greatly impressed, i mean, very impressed, they're only a "recent" 4 star airline. What a world, what a world.........

I hope MH can take some lesson from this. Their "software" may be great, but if they can't have a good "hardware" to be based for, i don't think they can survive in this competitive condition.

GOOD LUCK MH!!!!

I get the feeling that an accountant did the final sign-off on the hardware...and you know what they say about accountants..hence, what you see today onboard, and also externally with the minimalist LCC-esque livery.

I get the feeling that an accountant did the final sign-off on the hardware...and you know what they say about accountants..hence, what you see today onboard, and also externally with the minimalist LCC-esque livery.

Accountants! how typical ..... to them $$$$$$.

every accountants work that way, their motto is " Quantity over Quality", but this not the accountants that we're talking about, this is about teamwork, about how MH can manage their staff to make those dream comes true, and if they can't manage their internal crew well, and heck, they're not professional and definitely not some kind of work from 5 star airline.

What i hear right now, GA is rumoured to have a new first class in their new B773 that GA designed for themself. Thats just a rumour, btw. I mean, how serious they are to pursue their long-awaited dreams.

COME ON MH, I'M SURE YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN, I'M SUPPORTING YOU!!!

" kejayaan adalah tujuan yang harus kita tuju dengan kerja keras yang sungguh-sungguh "

I was actually to bring out this matter in my quoted reply above and I am 100% agree with you. Yet again, Enrich members are being left in the dark.

Enrich claimed to have more than 2 million members. Surely 0.01% of them can be present at the event.

That link doesnt work.

I am not surprised, since MH is really fixated on competing with the AirAsia group airlines. However instead of trying to trim the costs that matter (e.g. bloated head count, purchasing in flight catering at inflated prices, etc.), they decided to add more seats and try to follow the economics of LCCs.

Still the jury is out. Lets see what MH can do with its new fleet of aircraft. While it is an improvement over their old ones, they are still behind their direct competitors. I guess they are relying on the cabin crew to lift them to the top...

I hope MH will also upgrade the meal presentation & quality to go with the new cabin - we have seen pictures of it during one of the CEO's financial results presentations, but no sign of it happening yet.

I couldn't agree with you more Mushrif. After the "Mengecewakan Harapan" (disappointing one's hope) in the seating, let's hope the catering doesn't go any worse. Here is my view on what the situation has been. Of course prior to the refurbishment that saw "An Experience Redefined" with lie-flat seats installed in the B772 and B744, catering was something that came from the trolleys. One peered into the large china dishes and said a bit of this and that and it was dished up, neatly or otherwise as the case may have been.

With the launch of the "fine dining" concept", there was a lot of publicity and photos showing smart plated-up meals, complete with Wedgwood china, silverware and Italian glassware. So what's happened since then? Particularly for the Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur route?

Cue, exhibit A, which I compiled to show the rise and fall of catering:

5623591462_2c45ed3d65.jpg

In case you're wondering, these are photos I took of the food, and just as well I had a record of the good things from times past.

Again, I wonder if it's the standard from the last picture they're trying to compare the said improvements from, when the plane downgraded from the B772 to the (old) A330. The standard of catering also went backwards to match the ambience and amenities! In the words of Mushrif, anyone can improve on that one, even your local kopitiam if they tried a bit!

Edited by Lemuel Tay

I couldn't agree with you more Mushrif. After the "Mengecewakan Harapan" (disappointing one's hope) in the seating, let's hope the catering doesn't go any worse. Here is my view on what the situation has been. Of course prior to the refurbishment that saw "An Experience Redefined" with lie-flat seats installed in the B772 and B744, catering was something that came from the trolleys. One peered into the large china dishes and said a bit of this and that and it was dished up, neatly or otherwise as the case may have been.

With the launch of the "fine dining" concept", there was a lot of publicity and photos showing smart plated-up meals, complete with Wedgwood china, silverware and Italian glassware. So what's happened since then? Particularly for the Brisbane to Kuala Lumpur route?

Cue, exhibit A, which I compiled to show the rise and fall of catering:

5623591462_2c45ed3d65.jpg

In case you're wondering, these are photos I took of the food, and just as well I had a record of the good things from times past.

Again, I wonder if it's the standard from the last picture they're trying to compare the said improvements from, when the plane downgraded from the B772 to the (old) A330. The standard of catering also went backwards to match the ambience and amenities! In the words of Mushrif, anyone can improve on that one, even your local kopitiam if they tried a bit!

Yucks, pay top dollar and got peanuts. SQ's J menu are far more glamorous and appetizing. Menu on MH lacks presentations and imaginations.

As for the seat, it would be great if they use the same J seat as CX. Elegant, classy and comfortable.

CX new J

That is not an improvement at all, more like a downgrading, and i can't believe that this kind of thing will come from MH. Really, this "5 star" rating make them " besar kepala ", that means arrogant. They really need to change the management and bring back the glorious of MH. I will not be surprised if Skytrax will downgrade the 5 star rating in the future.

MH is " Menunggu Harapan "

I will not be surprised if Skytrax will downgrade the 5 star rating in the future.

I hope they do it real soon. So they can no longer brag about their 5-star status :finger: Because seriously, this airline doesn't deserve it. If they deserve to be in the 5-star group, airlines such as SIA and CX must be 7-star airlines eh ?

I have been waiting for high resolution photos of these interior shots for a while now, and now, wow, that really makes a whole lot different from camera phones. Really shows the outstanding clarity, and soothing texture of these seats, quite complementary with cabin ambience too. Although, yeah, the J seats is just all too common among airlines these days. Anyhow, it is still a far newer product than their old A330. I think the only element that MH should bank now to make itself distinct is through the service by cabin crews, which people still admire.

I'm really liking the economy cabin more and more. The colour scheme is vibrant yet soothing at the same time and the seats look comfortable. The business cabin looks cramped though and those seats look narrower than the current offering on the B772 and B744!

The business cabin looks cramped though and those seats look narrower than the current offering on the B772 and B744!

What to do, A330 fuselage width is narrower than Boeing 777.

The Vibrant texture somehow made the business class seats better than the crappy leaked photos THAT LOOKED SO DULL :yahoo: