MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

Cloth covering on the angled lie-flat seats is better than leather because it helps to stop you from sliding down the seat. I never feel like I'm sliding when I'm sleeping on the current business class seats on MH's B772 and B744. I know I haven't experienced the new business class seats on the A33E yet but I highly doubt they'd be better than the ones currently on the B772 and B744, especially if the angle's greater than 10 degrees.

Bear in mind there is simulated leather, real leather and top quality leather (with all the differing grades in between I suppose)

Quality of finish and hence texture/comfort is obviously very much dependant on what sort of budget is involved, which in turn is dependant on the market segment targetted at :)

Looking good but something is not right.

Well Musnah Harapan + Menaruh Harapan = MEMENDAM HARAPAN. :pardon:

I believe it's located beneath the seat as shown in the picture below

Where is it?

That looks more like a USB port (and audio in jack) to me.

I suspect for YCL the power outlets are on the armrests between seats.

Edited by Y. J. Foo

208150_214777658533139_100000027186168_880843_1208050_n.jpg

Looks identical (or is it the same as? :pardon:) to D7's XL aka 'Lie Flat' seats

20967_303261362386_18801397386_5151094_6585522_n.jpg

AirAsia-Lie-Flat-Bed-Seat-2-500x333.jpg

Josh is right about the colors on the T7 C lass better then this one.

Wooden flooring reminds me of MH 737-200

Is there a window in the toilet?

cheers

Edited by jadivindra

An update of the destinations that will see the new A333: http://airlineroute.net/2011/04/08/mh-333-update2/

Kuala Lumpur – Brisbane eff 20APR11

Kuala Lumpur – Shanghai Pu Dong MH388/389 Day 2 (17MAY11 – 28JUN11) MH386/387 eff 01AUG11

Kuala Lumpur – Osaka Kansai eff 14JUN11

Kuala Lumpur – Beijing eff 21JUL11

Kuala Lumpur – Perth MH127/128 eff 24JUL11 Day 4

Kuala Lumpur – Delhi MH190/191 eff 15SEP11

Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar MH715/714 eff 15SEP11

206452_214773741866864_100000027186168_880833_8306228_n.jpg

216622_214778898533015_100000027186168_880848_395914_n.jpg

I agree that the class labeling is nice and unexpected. Noticed that MH has changed the colour that represent Economy Class from Green to Red. In the past, Red is symbolic to MH's First Class, while Green for Economy Class. Business Class has always been Blue.

I agree that the class labeling is nice and unexpected. Noticed that MH has changed the colour that represent Economy Class from Green to Red. In the past, Red is symbolic to MH's First Class, while Green for Economy Class. Business Class has always been Blue.

I guess the A380 First Class might be gold then? :pardon:

I like the cabin labels for the different classes. Very nice and classy.

As for the wooden flooring, it definitely isn't that. It's plastic flooring to protect the carpet during the public viewing.

I like the cabin labels for the different classes. Very nice and classy.

As for the wooden flooring, it definitely isn't that. It's plastic flooring to protect the carpet during the public viewing.

But, the floor area at the galley really is different from the cabin.

It is a laminating floor in the galley similar to what 9W has on its A332 and B77W. Love this flooring type. Now, would MH install a bidet washer in the washroom? Some of the 9W's washroom actually has bidet washer.

C class should have been better. The 'box' and the seat look dull. Picked from the shelf. MH is considered late in reviving its C class yet they are still way behind SQ A330 seats.

Musnah musnah musnah harapan ku......................... :sorry:

I think most of us agree that the new Y is quite nice, colours and all. But the new C can be surmised as disappointing, and one of those "could have done more with it".

I think most of us agree that the new Y is quite nice, colours and all. But the new C can be surmised as disappointing, and one of those "could have done more with it".

I have a feeling those who proposed the C seats were ignorant or did not have adequate knowledge on competitors' product. C'mmon......we have seen those seats 3 or 4 years back.

But thank god, they didn't screw up on Y.

I think the business/economy labelling coupled with vinyl wood gives a sense of being on the ground, inside the building than thousands feet high inside a metal tube.

First class could be blue/red combination or black/suede.

Edited by Johan Z

I think MH would most probably did their homework that they cannot compete with others in C class both in terms of number of pax and charging premium price in long run at least. Therefore not much thoughts have been given into the C class.

At least Y class is awesome~~ Don't forget MH won Best Economy Class service before, perhaps MH is now putting its energy on Y class only?? Those Boxy C class is so yesterday by today's standard...:)

Edited by JuliusWong

I think MH would most probably did their homework that they cannot compete with others in C class both in terms of number of pax and charging premium price in long run at least. Therefore not much thoughts have been given into the C class.

At least Y class is awesome~~ Don't forget MH won Best Economy Class service before, perhaps MH is now putting its energy on Y class only?? Those Boxy C class is so yesterday by today's standard...:)

It doesnt quite work that way. You dont just give up because you think your competitior is better.No free lunch in the bussiness world.

If you offer improved products over your competitor,be rest assured that people will travel with you. So no excuse for not having a better C product.

Edited by jadivindra

It doesnt quite work that way. You dont just give up because you think your competitior is better.No free lunch in the bussiness world.

If you offer improved products over your competitor,be rest assured that people will travel with you. So no excuse for not having a better C product.

I agree with you Jadivindra. However, MH over the years has been hangat-hangat tahi ayam. Kalau suka buat, buat saja. Tak suka, biarkan~~ (Half baked mentality) Always half way there. If MH really do put in loads of effort, think they will put in J, Y+ and Y already since they dun earn much from F class. And J class that boomz!

None of the current SEA carrier put in Y+ seats except for TG's A346 which in on the way out in next few years. If MH really do want a good bottomline and see AK/D7 as a BIG threat then they shud have Y+ class to earn some extra income. It works well in USA, but yet to be tested comprehensively in SEA.

Edited by JuliusWong