MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS New 15 A330-300X + 4 A330-200 Freighter

What is Y pitch? Looks like quite generous.

No more Mardi Grass seats for A330. Hahaha

Red seats will look good with MH bluish pillows and blanket.

Edited by Johan Z

Not sure but its definitely 32 inch above :rolleyes:

Based on these pictures alone, I kind of dig this new interior. And I like the fact that there is some kind of consistency of hardware between these new B738 and A333 aircrafts. It might not be something groundbreaking, but its an effort worth some compliments, no matter how late it is... :p

Nice to see that the leg rest joins the "seat pan" as one-piece. Btw, not apparent on how the privacy screens are deployed/ extracted.

Significant improvements! However, the next question is.... will this be able to take on others?

With the stuff that they currently have on the 330, anotherd10t can improve on that, with one-eye closed and one-hand tied to the back. It is a very low benchmark to improve on. But, I really like what I see in Y, the colours, much more than the C (which will prob. be out of date again in a couple of years or so.)

O.O!!! OMG!! It looks awesome POSSUM!!! Like the colours loads!! The new seat designs is a light years ahead of the current M&M colours!! Seems like MH is also using the same seat supplier as SQ! :rolleyes: :drinks: :clapping: :yahoo:

A let down would be the J class, not the design but after recline, it seems like its very tight for window seat pax to get out. :blink: :sorry:

Am very impressed by the new A333?!! What do you guys think? :rofl: :good:

Surprised to see that nobody is interested on the flight deck. Any updates, new equipments or instruments etc etc. Quite interested to see what sort of EFB the new A330's are equipped with.

Edited by Ahmad M

In my opinion it the economy class is a big improvement over the older A330s in terms of cabin quality and of course the Inflight entertainment system. But will it pose a threat to other 5 star carriers A330s economy class? that im not sure. :pardon: Business Class on the other hand is so so and pretty much standard for me as i dont see ppl utilizing the full lie flat seats for flights shorter than 8 hours which MAS is going to deploy the new fleet to.

Surprised to see that nobody is interested on the flight deck. Any updates, new equipments or instruments etc etc. Quite interested to see what sort of EFB the new A330's are equipped with.

I saw the photo of the flight deck too, but can't really tell the difference though because everyone knows Airbus cockpit looks very similar. :rolleyes:

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the look of the new economy cabin and seats on the A33E. The pitch definitely looks to be at least 32". I don't like the look of the business class seats though. They look so bland! The current seats on the B772s look so much better with the blue against the cream curved shells.

JCL PTV looks like a little bit small.

No cupholders for YCL.

Nevertheless, a huge improvement over the current A332/A333 cabin in both classes. Nothing revolutionary, but I am pretty impressed.

So J is using the same RECARO seats as the ones Philippines Airlines is using for its B777. These seats recline up to only 165 degree instead of 170 degree if I am not mistaken. The seat pitch should be around 58 - 60. Looking at the one photo that shows the cabin control monitor, it does look like there is only 1 J cabin (in dark green color) between door 1 and 2 which means all 6 rows of J are placed in the front cabin.

I agree the colors in Y looks very nice but not too sure about the blue colors in C.

Edited by TJANDY

Looking at the first pic it does seem like the the business class is split into two cabins, perhaps only one row after door 2. Just my guess.

Personally I think both Business and Economy class cabins look really nice. I like! ;)

No more Mardi Grass seats for A330. Hahaha

Red seats will look good with MH bluish pillows and blanket.

If there is indeed one row of JCL seat fitted between doors 2 and doors 3, then there is no way that the new EY still features 34" of seat pitch. Judging from the picture, it's safe to say that it is 32" but definitely no longer a 34" :(

Thanks Jahur~~~ Nice pix~~

I like how the labelling: economy & business are done.classy~~~ i think its the first airline to do that. would be good if they include the pilot and co-pilot and chief steward/stewardess names panel as well like what JAL and ANA do.

The last photo of Y class is......SUPERB!! shows the airy and spaciousness of A333!! :)

Edited by JuliusWong

Me too, I like the labeling. Something which is unexpected.

[Do you all realise that the floor texture at the galley area looks like vinyl wood?]

Edited by Alif A. F.

Great photos!! Any idea of who's the pilot that take her home?

No more footrest? The old MH 330 had them...where is the power socket by the way? Anyone seen it? Under the seat?

I wonder if MTA will come to KCH soon...hmmm?

I believe it's located beneath the seat as shown in the picture below

207030_214784598532445_100000027186168_880899_2105621_n.jpg

J seat could've been better if they cover the seat with leather instead of fabric, just like what SQ did with theirs. Much more classier and elegant. :)

Disappointed with J Class product ........ Nothing to shout about ....... :rolleyes:

SQ and CX (new J class seat) are my preference now ........

:hi: